RELEASED: Build 27

RobertJohnson

The public server list displays the build number in such a position that it is cut off by the scroll bar on my resolution (1360x768).

Would be nice if the servers you saved in your list that are also public, also show the number of players and other info as it is doing in the public list.

Edit: Fixed spelling error.

Can you take a screenshot?

Will in a moment, just having a slight hitch, when I verified my cache to make sure I had no lua conflicts it said that 268 files were in need of updating, after that the game booted, showing build 27 #1 in the corner (as expected), only problem is that there is no public server list anymore :huh:

I then reset my build to the default one and waited for it to download, and then I switched back to IWBUMS and the problem persists.

EDIT: Okay verifying the integrity again does not detect any issues, deleted the media/lua folder and verified again, downloading 505 files. After that the problem still persists. And this is on the IWBUMS, made extra sure.

Edited by Viceroy

Will in a moment, just having a slight hitch, when I verified my cache to make sure I had no lua conflicts it said that 268 files were in need of updating, after that the game booted, showing build 27 #1 in the corner (as expected), only problem is that there is no public server list anymore :huh:

I then reset my build to the default one and waited for it to download, and then I switched back to IWBUMS and the problem persists.

EDIT: Okay verifying the integrity again does not detect any issues, deleted the media/lua folder and verified again, downloading 505 files. After that the problem still persists. And this is on the IWBUMS, made extra sure.

Do you have any mods in %username%\zomboid?

Nope, removed them before-hand. Only the empty mods folder remains. Just to be safe I removed the entire zomboid folder and had it regenerate itself. Still no change unfortunately. You guys mentioned a 'kill-switch' for the public server list in another thread, how would that manifest?

Since update I had problems joining any server, did full game reinstall and now also see no Public Server list as mentioned above. Show game version 27 #1 but can join no servers and not getting Lua Checksum error.

Edit - Also no mods in Username/Zomboid

Ahh that's it, I thought it was just my game that got bugged :P. I also re-installed my game etc.  Will wait for new update as I finally got into ONE laggy server via the Public Server list. Had the package problems before, but this Public Server is a great tool!

Oh and btw - you guys rock! Haven't seen a game lately that is actually updating so often in EA :D Much Love.

Well I don't know where Chris here, he's maybe away, so here's a quick hotfix for client public server (server should be ok, it's not lua file so it'll be ok to join again servers !)

Unzip this in your steam/steamapps/common/Project Zomboid/ folder (Project Zomboid installation directory)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvynstc4vvrreuy/PublicServer%20-%20Hotfix.rar

Devs, I could literally kiss you right now...  *wipes joyous tear from his eye*

I just started exploring the map expansion for the first time and what did my eyes behold?

KNOB CREEK GUN RANGE

I have family members that make yearly trips to their events and I'm planning to go myself one day.  During the "Machine Gun Shoot" events its like standing in Baghdad during Shock and Awe with all the tracers and tannerite blowing up!

With such a prestigous location now we have a legitimate excuse to add a rare heavy ordinance spawn or two via mod! *wink*

Great work on adding in all the references to real life locations!  As a Kentuckian, I get super excited everytime I find a new one!

See the Public Servers list again after hotfix but can not join any, no Lua error, console only repeats successful compiling of shaders. Also on loading screens while joining (attempting) server, no more subtitle about Requesting, Downloading, Unpacking etc. After This Is How You Died I only have black screen with nothing showing in console but successful shaders. Everyone else joining up ok?

I've encountered an odd bug in the mall, or maybe location is unrelated but its weird. Was on the second floor and 'e'd over the railing down to the first floor, and became stuck and unable to move. I thought it was due to injury at first, but I was able to heal myself fully and I could run in place fine. I relogged and realized I was unable to use by c key to pull up the health menu and was only able to browse my inventory. Then as I was running in place to get un-stuck it froze and crashed to the desktop with a 'project zomboid has stopped working'.

The mall is great btw, really impressive. And scarey. Edit: Also maybe a little OP in terms of being the 'it' place to go, its really awesome.

I will try to stay on topic but with the mall update how bad would it be to go there on insane amounts of zombies because I have heard its bad enough on normal amounts of zombies.

Also i'm extremely sorry if this is off topic :(

I will try to stay on topic but with the mall update how bad would it be to go there on insane amounts of zombies because I have heard its bad enough on normal amounts of zombies.

Also i'm extremely sorry if this is off topic :(

Mall with insane Zeds is a MP thing. Otherwise you're going for a really long challenge as I saw around 50-70 (estimated) Zeds per Shop + not much less in the courtyard + on the floors between stairs.

Was tough in there with insane/superhuman/tough Zeds but that would be a real challenge for someone alone.

Was a fast death btw XD

In mp it's a bit weird, sometimes there are so much Zeds, same settings and hard reset later there no Zeds -

Hey! Here's a tutorial I just made, on how to get the betas/IWBUMS's. Please check it out before asking on how to install. http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/8823-how-to-get-the-latest-build/

Or check out the original, which is posted in this thread. (And is a lot better than mine :( )

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4183-iwbums-the-i-will-backup-my-save-branch/

It will be alot easier to get help, if you actually try reading the tutorials :)

on the build 27#1 I was on a server and he could see that the light in this room was turned on and i could not see it.

I try to turn on and off again but it wouldn't work.

Is there a known issue of lighting not being global to every player?

so player A can see that the lights are on in the house.

Player B can not see that any lights are turned on other than the streetlamps outside.