RELEASED: Build 27

RobertJohnson

I wonder, how does the game determine how many zombies should be spawned inside a building?

I guess it depends on the ZombieSpawnMap.png, which defines the Zombie-Distribution for a world, where your asylum has been placed in.

So if there aren't enough Zombies in your Asylum in Bedford Falls, you should ask RingoD to make the ZombieSpawnMap.png a little bit more white(ish!?) in the lower left part, before releasing the next version of it.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately what I am referring to is the number of zombies inside the building, not outside, and last time I checked the external zombies are handled by the density map. Whereas at the time internal zombies seemed to be handled in a slightly more generic way. However, RJ tweeted on the 23rd about a new spawning system for indoors. So my queries are in relation to that :)

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately what I am referring to is the number of zombies inside the building, not outside, [...]

For now it's pretty basic, indoor can have max 3 zombies inside them (per room).

What I done if now we spawn zombies depending of the building size (so let's say a building with > 200 rooms (the mall have 320), we'll spawn between 5 to 20 zombies in each rooms, for example)

Ah, ok, my fault. Sorry!

Thought it works that way and missed the info about differences on indoor spawning.

I retract everything and assert the opposite. (tophat)

Ah nice so this is automatically applied to all buildings? Because if that is the case then it will be glorious in my asylum's cell blocks. :P

Yep, it's automatically done :)

But setting zone in the map will help for zombie respawn and stuff, I'll put a tutorial soon(ish !) :P

For now it's pretty basic, indoor can have max 3 zombies inside them (per room).

What I done if now we spawn zombies depending of the building size (so let's say a building with > 200 rooms (the mall have 320), we'll spawn between 5 to 20 zombies in each rooms, for example)

This!

Really great job, now entering houses gets even more intense :)

Ah nice so this is automatically applied to all buildings? Because if that is the case then it will be glorious in my asylum's cell blocks. :P

But setting zone in the map will help for zombie respawn and stuff, I'll put a tutorial soon(ish !) :P

Spawning ?

ok i hope this is not the situation i kill in one zone alle zombies go away came back and there a new one BUT they dont come from an other zone the are spawn there...... BECAUSE thats very unrealistic

realistic is when zombies came from places you not even was a single time

or from out of the map but beaming in the map from nowhere because of spawning zones make me sad

Spawning ?

ok i hope this is not the situation i kill in one zone alle zombies go away came back and there a new one BUT they dont come from an other zone the are spawn there...... BECAUSE thats very unrealistic

realistic is when zombies came from places you not even was a single time

or from out of the map but beaming in the map from nowhere because of spawning zones make me sad

Relax dude, we are talking about the initial spawning of zombies. :P

Does that mean multiplayer zombie re spawning will be a thing? Or am I interpreting that statement wrong >_>

Does that mean multiplayer zombie re spawning will be a thing? Or am I interpreting that statement wrong >_>

Noop, that only goes for initial spawn, I think.

When it will become available?? im getting wet haha .. tomorrow? xD

Would've told you, but you failed to even read the first sentence of this thread. :(

No ETA

haha i dont want a ETA.. only the update numbre 27 :P becouse for me is totally playable!

When it will become available?? im getting wet haha .. tomorrow? xD

Wait, what did you just say?

Sorry im not a native speaker...