RELEASED: Build 27

RobertJohnson

Last warning. No suggestions or discussions of suggestions. Continue the discussion here if you want: 

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/8521-game-boring-without-more-guns/

This thread is not the place.

The game is boring because of the fact that few weapons except Farming, Killing zombies is not no nothing NPCs not animals not found entertainment barricaded house soup and other food all in fact I survived the game closed deleted and a waste of money

If you want to beat the competition make more weapons or that others can not request about free transport to improve zombie apocalypse or a chainsaw to break ranks dead

Go play L4D2 ^^

This game is BEING developed to simulate long-term survival in a zombie apocalypse, not as a mass murder chainsaw arcade game, not all features are complete so the fact that you are complaining falls under the category of "Judging a work in progress" which is foolish.

Nobody asked you what the hell you climb into the conversation?

Last verbal warning for you, too.

Be lovely. Don't "attack" people. This is a forum where discussions are allowed. If you didn't want people to climb into the convo, you should've PM'd whoever you wanted to have the convo with.

If you want to reply to this, send me a PM. Don't post in this thread unless you have something to ask about the listed upcoming features.

The game is boring because of the fact that few weapons except Farming, Killing zombies is not no nothing NPCs not animals not found entertainment barricaded house soup and other food all in fact I survived the game closed deleted and a waste of money

If you want to beat the competition make more weapons or that others can not request about free transport to improve zombie apocalypse or a chainsaw to break ranks dead

Go play L4D2 ^^

This game is BEING developed to simulate long-term survival in a zombie apocalypse, not as a mass murder chainsaw arcade game, not all features are complete so the fact that you are complaining falls under the category of "Judging a work in progress" which is foolish.

Nobody asked you what the hell you climb into the conversation?

Going... Going... Gone.

On-topic: Will earplugs have an effect? Also kinda linked to this, will there maybe at some point be an inventory slot for glasses and/or a hat? I remember long ago there was talk of spectacles on character models.

LOL, sorry people.  I totally missed the don't ask about ETA, even though its in the very first line and in bold face.  If it was a snake it would have bit me.  Anyways, thanks for the hard work and entertainment.  Cant wait for it to Beta or Backup My Save.

So, with trapping and all there WILL be animals around, does that mean we can hunt too?

Not yet, that's why i put trapping and not hunting, we need the 3D model for each animals before adding them :)

I will be waiting for you hunting...forever. *-* Thank you. Still awesome, time to get my traps on.

[Multiplayer] IMPORTANT : New MD5 Checksum for Multiplayer, everytime a client will connect to any server, all his lua file (including loaded mods) will be compared to the server ones, if ANYTHING is modified, the connection will be refused, I'll add a serverOption to configure this, but it should mean : no more hacking, yeah !

So, MD5 is checked per client, does this mean the client would be reporting its MD5 to the server for every lua file, once per connect?

Does this include lua files that the server does not use?

With the server option your planning to add, will it be possible to exclude certain files, or just yes/no at this point?

[Multiplayer] IMPORTANT : New MD5 Checksum for Multiplayer, everytime a client will connect to any server, all his lua file (including loaded mods) will be compared to the server ones, if ANYTHING is modified, the connection will be refused, I'll add a serverOption to configure this, but it should mean : no more hacking, yeah !

So, MD5 is checked per client, does this mean the client would be reporting its MD5 to the server for every lua file, once per connect?

Does this include lua files that the server does not use?

With the server option your planning to add, will it be possible to exclude certain files, or just yes/no at this point?

Every lua files the client have will be checksum and sent to the server to compare to his files, so if you have more file thant he server or modfied one : connection failed.

For now it's yes/no to avoid any kind of hacking :)

I hope there will be a rifle for hunting, because hunting with a pistol or shotgun feels weird.. XD

Well, if you didn't have anything else in a zombie apocalypse, you would have to use a pistol/shotgun :/ But yeah.. Rifles would be great.

So, about the "if the client has more files than the server = connection dropped" thing, I assume it doesn't count files in the mods folder?

To extend the question.

Does it count disabled mods or does it count active mods or both?

So, about the "if the client has more files than the server = connection dropped" thing, I assume it doesn't count files in the mods folder?

To extend the question.

I would assume it only counts activate mods, otherwise having to swap out mods just to play MP would be tedious.

Question about trapping: Will we be trapping rabbits, squirrels, birds, or all of them?

“To attract an animal, you have to add bait to your trap – whether it’s carrots, peanuts or anything in-between. (Not Spiffo!) It’ll be up to you to find out which bait works the best for the different sorts of animals you can capture – rabbits, birds, squirrels, mice and more.”

Source: http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/05/its-a-traaap/

To extend the question.

I would assume it only counts activate mods, otherwise having to swap out mods just to play MP would be tedious.

That's it :)

You can have mods in MP only if the server have enabled them, if not they are not loaded, so you won't have trouble by having some mods in SP, and switching to MP, I mean you won't have to remove all the mods and stuff, they'll won't be in the checksum.

Update ! Yeah, small but i finally get rid of this moving corpse so it's cool. :P

[NEW STUFF]

• Ability to grab and move corpse !
  • A corpse will only have 8 in capacity (instead of 50)

[MODDING]

• Added RainManager.getRainIntensity() function
  • Added "OnServerStarted" event.
  • Added "OnThunderStart"/"OnThunderStop" event.

[bUG FIX]

• Fixed some trees didn't drop logs.

To extend the question.

That's it :)

You can have mods in MP only if the server have enabled them, if not they are not loaded, so you won't have trouble by having some mods in SP, and switching to MP, I mean you won't have to remove all the mods and stuff, they'll won't be in the checksum.

Cool, that's what I was hoping for :)

Thanks for the update on the update. Looking forward to it.

Gives me an excuse to start a new game at each Location. :)

One question on 2nd floor roof protecting you from rain...does it also protect crops (radishes, carrots) from getting rain?