RELEASED: Build 27

RobertJohnson

The map update confuses me a little. I thought I read a few news posts back that the new cells were going to go for a seperate, larger city. Or is it that Westpoint will be the suburbs/outskirts of the mentioned larger city with the mall and theater being the first steps towards that?

Because I'm a trully mean person, and everyone know it (do you ?), added this :

• [Multiplayer] IMPORTANT : New MD5 Checksum for Multiplayer, everytime a client will connect to any server, all his lua files (including loaded mods) will be compared to the server ones, if ANYTHING is modified, the connection will be refused, I'll add a serverOption to configure this, but it should mean : no more hacking, yeah !

I trully hope this will get rid of 99% of the hacking method, if there's still hacking via Java, I'll also do it for the .class file.

Reminder : Mods are NOT loaded in Multiplayer, only the mods that the server allow (in the ServerOptions Mods=Mod1;Mod2;...), anything modified in this mods will also make a connection failed.

Because I'm a trully mean person, and everyone know it (do you ?), added this :

• [Multiplayer] IMPORTANT : New MD5 Checksum for Multiplayer, everytime a client will connect to any server, all his lua files (including loaded mods) will be compared to the server ones, if ANYTHING is modified, the connection will be refused, I'll add a serverOption to configure this, but it should mean : no more hacking, yeah !

I trully hope this will get rid of 99% of the hacking method, if there's still hacking via Java, I'll also do it for the .class file.

Reminder : Mods are NOT loaded in Multiplayer, only the mods that the server allow (in the ServerOptions Mods=Mod1;Mod2;...), anything modified in this mods will also make a connection failed.

Kajin "likes" this status.

But yeah. you might wanna change ", if ANYTHING is modified" to "if ANYTHING is different compared to the server's files" to make it a little clearer.

OOOOOOOOO

oo OOOOO

..,,oooOOOO  OOOO

<|MALL.MALL.MALL.MALL.MALL.MALL.MALL.MALL.MALL.MALL.MALL.MALL.MALL.MALL.MALL.MALL.MALL.MALL.MALL.MALL

All aboard!

I am sorry but i had to do it before someone else will do it ....

With Build 26 we will go to the mall !

(clyde)  (clyde)  (clyde)

If there is anything holy out there, may it have mercy on your soul for knowing that video exists, let alone sharing it with others. Find peace troubled soul...

Filler tiles look awesome! Will some of them look like they've been half looted already? Assuming their was indeed a pre-looting of some sort. 

I am curious about this as well. Will the shelves/racks/etc visually look different if they are 1/2, 1/4, etc looted? I would like to see something like that. Going from completely full to completely empty is better than it currently is, but I think a gradual visual step down would be ideal!

This is probably the only game that I own that just keeps getting better and better! Most devs and studios make an attempt to improve their games, but usually fall short. The PZ team continues to impress me! I recommend this game to all my serious gaming buds.

Will the option to turn off 3D remain?

What I'm hoping is TIS is going to try to maintain the 2D option for a little while as a "legacy" until it becomes too hard to maintain and update. Doing so makes the code base quite a bit more difficult to work with and means things like adding newer animations may be quite a bit more difficult for the  moment.

Unfortunately Intel (and other manufactures, depending on the hardware and version of Windows we're talking about) don't always keep up to date drivers or enable functionality like vertex shaders and FBOs on Windows (some Linux folk might find thier open-sourced drivers superior in this), even on some newer hardware. Though there are alternatives to these methods (transforming vertices on the CPU instead of GPU, using pbuffers which make use of the CPU instead of the GPU), they're all CPU intensive, something PZ already is, due to the size of the game world and the unique number of actors within it.

It's a very awkward position for everyone involved. :(

In all fairness computers with Intel GPU's tend to have somewhat decent processors, I own 4 laptops that were handed down all with intel (BOY AINT I LUCKY) And the CPU's aren't really that awful. I mean thankfully I only have 1 celeron.. but CPU intensive is somewhat manageable in comparison to flat out not being able to play.

I would enjoy the option remain as long as possible til a solution forms otherwise I will have to wait til money comes around to get a new computer or a larger hard drive so I can dual boot with Linux. (80gb HDD)

Will the new items have a use or be like the wedding ring, and locket which has no use?

Both :)

More useless items!  I love it!

*Not sarcasm.  I have a thread in the Suggestions asking for more useless items to collect for fun.

Question and when there will be new type Weapons Rifles or SMG?

No ETAs for us ;) they will add them for sure, but now there is too much stuff much more imporatnt for the overall quality of the game, so i wouldn't expect this anyhow soon. I suppose you should try to look for the mod...

From the OP :

IMPORTANT NOTE : Please does NOT use this thread to ask ETA or for any personnal request/bugs fix, we have a bug tracker and a suggestion sub forum for this, keep this thread clear, use it to talk/ask question about the upcoming things that are already in this list, so please no "I want a better knife !" and stuff. Cheers !

For your question :

And we're deffo not DayZ, we don't have rifle/SMG -yet- but when we'll have them, they'll be rare, you don't find that kind of thing easily in a house, this game isn't about shooting a tons of zombies, it's about surviving, and trust me, a rifle make a lot of noise, which will drag a tons of zombies around you, just like the shotgun.

Next time please post your suggestion in the right sub forum, cheers :)

I lived for 20 days, I found all the guns and some amount of soup but what I'm bored! I killed 300 gun shotgun zombies and I'm bored! While still alive!

The game is boring because of the fact that few weapons except Farming, Killing zombies is not no nothing NPCs not animals not found entertainment barricaded house soup and other food all in fact I survived the game closed deleted and a waste of money

If you want to beat the competition make more weapons or that others can not request about free transport to improve zombie apocalypse or a chainsaw to break ranks dead

The game is boring because of the fact that few weapons except Farming, Killing zombies is not no nothing NPCs not animals not found entertainment barricaded house soup and other food all in fact I survived the game closed deleted and a waste of money

If you want to beat the competition make more weapons or that others can not request about free transport to improve zombie apocalypse or a chainsaw to break ranks dead

Go play L4D2 ^^

This game is BEING developed to simulate long-term survival in a zombie apocalypse, not as a mass murder chainsaw arcade game, not all features are complete so the fact that you are complaining falls under the category of "Judging a work in progress" which is foolish.

Go play L4D2 ^^

This game is BEING developed to simulate long-term survival in a zombie apocalypse, not as a mass murder chainsaw arcade game, not all features are complete so the fact that you are complaining falls under the category of "Judging a work in progress" which is foolish.

Nobody asked you what the hell you climb into the conversation?