As I played the game I found out there was a river . However when I tries to fill my water containers I couldn;t do a thing . The river was there only to watch it. 

So here are some ideas of how the player may interact with the river:

1) Water Supplies : The player may collect the water or drink it

2) Dig River routes near it : When using the trowel near the river there is another option to dig a water route. Doing this action will cause the water to come the way you have digged.

3)Build a power generator : On the smaller routes you have dig , you will be able to build small power generator ( that can only refill 1 battery per day) These Generators will require blueprints to be built and a high enough carpentry skill. (Blueprints can be found in the Power Factory (I don;t know if there is one but if there is I think that the player shall be able to travel there and loot things and fuel up the power generator ). There will be an other device which can be built through blueprints , that will allow you if you have at least 20 Hydro Power Generators or 20 Wind Power Generator (or ten of each). To concentrate their power and give power to a house

4)Fishing : (I think it is the only thing you can do now but I am not sure)

5) Farms : Near River or lakes shall be more efficient -> they do not require watering , What you are planting is available to you faster.

6)Suicide in the river : You will always have the choice to suicide in the river

7) Build a raft or Boat : ( I think it is already planned or completed) and use the river as a travelling route.

8) Swimming in the river : Well no exact reason to do it , just to get wet or search for herbs ( not included in the game)

So what do you think of my Idea ? 

The river will be a infinite source of water but if you just go and take water from there will be unrealistic so maybe you need to boil the water before you drink. The generators will be in the game at one point (woooo). And the water route is a good idea for a farm, that way you don't need to give them water.

Hey, I've tried and quickly address your points. :)

1. This is planned. Will happen in the future so yayy!

2. Interesting idea, not sure if I've read something similar before, but I'd think that'd be quite a chore to do...

3. Regular generators are planned and for realisms sake we should stick with those. There isn't a single average Joe who'd know how to build hydro power generators, even from blueprints. It's just way too difficult.

4. Yup, fishing is in.

5. I don't think this is how it functions in real life . . .

6. Yayy for suicide! I'm with you on this one. Hopefully we'll see more suicide options in the future. However, they're not a priority in the development.

7. This has been suggested quite a few times and I think that they might come with vehicle implementation some time in the future.

8. Agreed, and most likely planned. I see no reason why the devs wouldn't have thought of this. I dunno about the herbs though... :???:

I think that you should check out these threads, if you haven't yet:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/26-how-to-write-a-good-suggestion-read-before-posting/

There's some pretty helpful stuff there on how to do great suggestions. For future reference. ;) Also, before posting suggestions it's a good habit to search for previous topics if they might have been discussed before and maybe continue the conversation there, if there's still something you wanted to add.

Lastly, since you're pretty new in here I'll just say welcome to the forums!! We're glad to have ya! (clyde) (clyde) (clyde)

Dunno, But building a Water Powered generator really isn't as hard as one may think, It's really just the matter of attaching a Water Wheel to the Crank in a Gas Powered Generator. Rather than being powered by the Motor inside, It'll be powered by the Water, Only problem is getting the wheel to spin the Crank part fast enough. Maybe it could require a Car Transmission to build or something.

-An average human can do anything . That's how we achieved what we have today. There is no thing an average person can;t do (if it has already been done). The difficult part is the inovation. Having an average human think how to build a Generator on his own may seem impossible. But through the use of other peoples knowledge (ex. Blueprints) he can build it on his own. Besides his Profession before the Apocalypse may also help with it . 

-In my opinion the river routes is not such a hard thing to achieve: 

1) You right Click

2) The game checks if you have clicked on a tile adjacent to the river && checks if you have a trowel

3) In the list of actions you may do an extra one appears

4)Clicking on it changes the tile behaviour to that of the River's tiles and also changes its texture.

Should be relatively easy to build something to power a lamp with a water current. Use a shaft to combine a bicycle dynamo with a water wheel and you should at least be able to power a small lamp... (ya know, like a bike-lamp...)

You could use a knotted board to fix the waterwheel over a small river route.. but wait - are there still knotted boards in pz? :???:

Should be relatively easy to build something to power a lamp with a water current. Use a shaft to combine a bicycle dynamo with a water wheel and you should at least be able to power a small lamp... (ya know, like a bike-lamp...)

You could use a knotted board to fix the waterwheel over a small river route.. but wait - are there still knotted boards in pz? :???:

That is why I mentioned another device that can concentrate the power from many Generators and then you can transmit that power to other objects. A single Generator doesn;t give up a lot of energy but about 30 Generators can . 

The river will be a infinite source of water but if you just go and take water from there will be unrealistic so maybe you need to boil the water before you drink. The generators will be in the game at one point (woooo). And the water route is a good idea for a farm, that way you don't need to give them water.

About this one: I guess everyone can assume zombies may have crossed the river or that dead bodies have been on the water. 

So drinking water from the river may has a 10% chance of zombie infection if you have wounds in your mouth or your peptic system. Chances of other diseases are also possible however this is a river so the chances are low. In the lakes however things are different. Boiling the water will require you specific object to recapture the vaporized water. However the new . Clean water will be safe for you to DRINK . Using it as a Serum (if included later in the game when doctors and Nurses are added as professions) will just lead to your doom.