Miliary Bags Mod 0.9.0

Blackbeard06

*Confirmed to work for Build 27 7/18/2014*

This is my first mod, and am proud to release it.

This mod adds 3 new backpacks into the game.

Day Pack

Weight Reduction: 83

Capacity: 27

Bugout Bag

Weight Reduction: 85

Capacity: 30

Rucksack

Weight Reduction: 90

Capacity: 35

I've designed this mod to be as lightweight as possible so, for now,  I have used the default pictures (Schoolbag and Dufflebag).

Each bag should spawn in areas you would normally find bags, but at a rarer rate.

I keep my work open, so you have permission to edit as you please, just please give proper credit where it is due.

Download (Google Drive):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0oYjvIxr8lKLXE1bVFYNzVZdkU/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Blackbeard06

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am still of unsure how to get everything to work perfectly with the new images, however this mod still works with build 27. I have reverted the mod to version 0.9.0 to give back an image for an item, so your not stuck with the "?' picture.

Say you have a graphic for your rucksack named rucksack.png and you want it to show up in game.  Rename it to Item_rucksack.png and place it in the media\textures folder.  In your item definitions, you would define the Icon property as Icon = rucksack.png and it should show up in game.

I wonder if you could get away with making a 'Military Waist-Bag' or something similar to represent a bunch of pouches/bags strapped to your hips and waist. Give it a low overall capacity, but high weight reduction. A nice bag for carrying ammo and a bit of food in, but not much more than that. Something you can keep the essentials in when you drop a loot bag due to horde related shenanigans.

Of course you could equip it in a hand, but equipping it to your back makes more sense I guess :P

Thanks! I'm trying to keep up with the upcoming build from zomboid. Looks like build 27 broke the icons, I'll fix that as soon as I get some time.

I wonder if you could get away with making a 'Military Waist-Bag' or something similar to represent a bunch of pouches/bags strapped to your hips and waist. Give it a low overall capacity, but high weight reduction. A nice bag for carrying ammo and a bit of food in, but not much more than that. Something you can keep the essentials in when you drop a loot bag due to horde related shenanigans.

Of course you could equip it in a hand, but equipping it to your back makes more sense I guess :P

I am very interested in making something like that. Before I add more I am going to need to fix the icons.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...