PZ Timeline (in my imagination)

T-2 weeks: Tensions increase between Russia and the United states.  Several spy satellites are shot down by both sides.

T-1 week 3 days: At the west point Giga mart, a man attacks several customers trying to eat them.  He is shot by the owner and his   behavior is blamed on a rumored new drug.

T-1 week: The autopsy on the man shows evidence of a pathogen in his system.  It is ruled off as a cold virus by the doctor and the body is buried

T-6 days:  Another attack occurs, this time in Muldraugh with a group of seven assailants.  Only two are caught, they are killed when they resist arrest and attack the officers.  In autopsies they are shown to have a new and as of yet unidentified virus.

T-5 days:  The first news report about the attacks make headlines.  Several reporters compare notes and connect the second attack with the first.

T-4 days: Russian troops invade Finland.  NATO forces barely manage to fend off an airborne attack on the UK.

T-3 days: NATO declares war on Russia.  A third attack with roughly 30 assailants breaks into a home and kills the residents.

T-2 days: CDC forces enter Muldraugh and West point.  The military begins walling off the county with an electric chain link fence.

T-1 days: A large military blockade is overrun by Z's as they are now known as.  No survivors are found. 75% infection.

T-0 days: The most chaotic day yet, The Giga mart and gun store are mobbed by panicked civilians.  They both close up quickly.  That night military helicopters open fire on main street killing all civilians there.  Z deaths are negligible because of lack of head shots.

T+1 days: The game starts, the military fence is finished and they begin construction on a more permanent concrete one.

T+2 days: The president passes a secret motion to keep the water and power plants running to Knox county.

T+ ~2 weeks: The costs of running the utilities without anyone paying becomes to much for the utilities companies and they are shut of covertly.  The general public knows nothing about the outbreak.

I liked your timeline =) The way Russia is acting these days it makes sense that they might do something like that. Only I think they would be more subtle and gradual about it. Open war between super-powers these days means risk of nuclear holocaust, which is probably why Russia, China, the USA, and other major powers aren't more direct with their aggressive approaches. I think Russia would only declare war if they were sure they would win, and with the USA backing the NATO I doubt they would risk it. But what do I know? I'm not Russia.

But still, neat timeline. Would be pretty exciting to see news reports of mysterious attacks on the news, everyone freaking out and rumors flying everywhere. It would be a huge cluster-fuck haha. Would be exciting times to live in :)

Archived