Investigate Corpse

Crackerjack

With the coming arrival of NPC's and the current usage of multiplayer, we've now got a bunch of current and potential plot power with murder, revenge, and assassinations.

Therefore, it would be very useful to have the ability to 'inspect' a corpse and try to see how it died. Perhaps not with zombies, because knowing what killed a bunch of zombies I can't see a use for, plus giving zombie corpses more information to store would probably just eat up more serverspace. No, this would be for human players or NPC's who had died. It would be helpful in making an assumption of what killed Jerry if you found him dead in his house, and he was for sure either killed by Pete the friendly but suspicious NPC with a fire axe, or PwnNewbs93, the erratic human player with a golf club

"A dead body here... It looks like his head was bashed in."
"A corpse... Riddled with stab wounds."
"Poor guy... Filled with bullets."
"Can't see any wounds... Must have been sick."
"Oh geeze, someone took an axe to his skull."

With the coming arrival of NPC's and the current usage of multiplayer, we've now got a bunch of current and potential plot power with murder, revenge, and assassinations.

Therefore, it would be very useful to have the ability to 'inspect' a corpse and try to see how it died. Perhaps not with zombies, because knowing what killed a bunch of zombies I can't see a use for, plus giving zombie corpses more information to store would probably just eat up more serverspace. No, this would be for human players or NPC's who had died. It would be helpful in making an assumption of what killed Jerry if you found him dead in his house, and he was for sure either killed by Pete the friendly but suspicious NPC with a fire axe killed Jerry, or PwnNewbs93, the erratic human player with a golf club

"A dead body here... It looks like his head was bashed in."

"A corpse... Riddled with stab wounds."

"Poor guy... Filled with bullets."

"Can't see any wounds... Must have been sick."

"Oh geeze, someone took an axe to his skull."

Wow I was just thinking about this today I would love for this to be in the game!