SUGGESTION: Antiseptic Liquid or Cream

doomblood66

Why is everyone so intent on stopping zombification? The virus wiped out the planet and now survivors are thinking a little purell will keep them safe? Look if you want to spend your ruckspace on antibacterials, suit yourself. I'd rather use it to carry a few more cans of tuna, or bottled water. I'm convinced spending so much time outdoors these days has boosted our immune systems. I've yet to catch a cold from the rain or weather. Food poisoning maybe but soap won't help you there. There is no cure for the zombie virus. Once the infection has hit your blood stream, you got about 30 seconds before it makes it to your heart. I've heard rumors of people cutting off their appendages in an attempt to beat the infection to the heart but I'm not sold on this theory, at all. I've come across tons of zeds missing limbs, have yet to meet a survivor who beat the virus. You will never beat the virus. Eat a soup for your cold, keep quiet, and for God's forsaken, avoid the dead like your life depends on it. 

I would like to see lots more being added in the way of medicine.

In fact, i would love for a more complete medical system with crafting and antibiotics and lots of k00l things to do in order to cure yourself and others.

Why is everyone so intent on stopping zombification? 

You really need to ask?

So, you played 40 hrs with your character and got zombified by some silly mistake that totaly destroys all your work. Wouldnt you be frustrated.

And if that had happened to you at some point, wouldn't you, even if subconsciously advocate for the existence of a cure?

Not really. I've learned to live with that several hundred games ago.

But..."Why is everyone so intent on stopping zombification?" do you apply to the everyone group mentioned? :P

So, the rest of us don't want to stop zombification regardless of how many times we have died zombied by silly mistakes. :)

don't think it should help with zomb virus. but basic infections could be prevented.

First of all, we don't even know if it really is a virus that turns you into a zombie. Nevertheless, let's assume just that.

Now, if we're talking about diseases and medication or antiseptics, the actual goal of development is not to formulate compounds that will kill the microbe (as we already have a bajillion of those), but one that will selectively kill the microbe only.

The same can be said about antiseptics - sure, we can use nitric acid to remove a trail of zombie blood on the floor, but it will remove the floor as well (as in burn holes in your favourite rug, not burn down to the core of the earth). Therefore, I wouldn't be so quick to rule out antiseptics for environmental decontamination. Personal antiseptics stopping / curing the zombification ? That's just would not be PZ anymore...

Those stupid mistakes you make are the point. Because we all have said it, sitting around with our friends "Oh I will survive zombies"

But when it comes down to it, a stupid mistake will be your undoing. There is no winning. Just outlasting. I would say the informal victory of PZ would be if you managed to kill the combined populations +10% for Dixie. And if your world has too much progress to let go, load your game after you've been killed, start a new character and then haul ass back to base. I don't do it because it kills the spirit. I've found my base (The med center) and I have built that thing up dozens of times, only to be killed on some fools errand looking for a damn carpentry book. I get WHY you wish you hadn't been infected but play on sandbox with 0 transmission rate for a while. Without the risk of fatal injury the game loses a great deal of the thrill. Sometimes I do like to pull out a gun and just unload, but when I do, I usually don't get away at the end. If the game wasn't lethal you'd have no incentive to start again "Ok this time, that bullshit WILL NOT HAPPEN!"

And it begs the question, if you can cure the only real threat in the game, why not just hack max stats, spawn some guns and have your fun. If you want to cheat, nothing is stopping you. I just promise if you take the virus out of your game you will stop playing much sooner. Thanks btw for making me break character in this thread

And I really don't want to worry about influenza, polio, the measles... Its zombies, not orgeon trail

When the medical overhaul comes around, I doubt they're going to/hope they don't forget or choose not to add antiseptics to treat previously existing common diseases.

Offtopic
also eyy zero uhh i think the indie stone not only want players to have a multitude of diverse problems to face in-game like diseases and drama and food and stuff, they also wanna keep the whole origin of the undead very ambiguous, meaning it'd be an equally plausible explanation to say it's radiation or magic or demons making errybody die and start eating people to try and retain some of the original ambiguous horror of the earliest works in the subgenre.

also totes unrelated anything liquid in your bloodstream hits your heart in a few seconds.

Yeah wounds should be able to go septic and anti-septics should have a place, as they do in real life. Also if anti-septic bandages do slightly improve your chances of not getting infected I don't really think it is unrealistic, leaving a scratch unbandaged already seems to increase infection chances over it being bandaged. Managing medicine better and smarter should be obvious.

I am all for it.

Also if anti-septic bandages do slightly improve your chances of not getting infected I don't really think it is unrealistic, leaving a scratch unbandaged already seems to increase infection chances over it being bandaged. Managing medicine better and smarter should be obvious.

I am all for it.

yeah seams obvious to me this should be in in game.

all NON zombie-bite related injuries (bullet wounds, stab wounds, lacerations, burns, compound fractures, etc) would benefit from serilizing.

there could be many ways of dealing with it.

Bandages + bleach + pot of water + cook = sterile bandages = lower chance of infection (boiling bandages is common).

Whiskey/ iodine/ sulfur/ antiseptic cream + bandages/sterile bandages = antiseptic bandages = short term severe pain when applied. much lower chance of infection/sickness.

if infection persists, bring on the antibiotics.