Drinking from fresh water sources

cuddlepums

We should be able to drink from fresh water sources such as the river because I just realized I cant drink from the river and I cant find a axe anywhere in West Point so I wont be able to create rain collectors so when the water turns off my character is screwed :( so this should be implemented to save my character and because we all should be able to drink from rivers and other future fresh water sources.

If you are in a pinch for water, I suggest drinking the left over water in the sinks/toilets in abandoned houses.

Fill as many water bottles and cups as you can in the start of the game to prevent water deprivation. As for the search for the axe, go to Muldraugh, visit one of the many warehouse's. Boom, got yourself an axe!

Well, I hope I helped, happy surviving friend!

You don't need an axe to get wood (heh). You can chop down a tree with a pencil (or spoon, hammer, whichever) given a little patience. You DO, however, need a saw... or to stab a door to death with the same pencil.

All of this is true, including the fact that you really should be able to drink from fresh water sources. There should be a chance of (normal) infection from drinking from an unsanitary source (especially a stagnant one) but you could totally survive on river water if you had to.