Server with hamachi?

ContactMushroom

Hello friends, I recently convinced a friend of mine to get this amazing game, but I am having some trouble with multiplayer.  I have never been able to get my router to be successful with port forwarding and I use hamachi for multiplayer needs.  I have done all the steps (selecting the IWBUMS branch, running the server.bat file, etc) and the server will launch and say its ready but I am unable to connect.  It just says connection failed.  Is there something else that I'm just missing?  Thank you for your time.

First off welcome to the Forums. 

Now that that is out of the way here is a post i made in a related topic called "Hamachi?"

Well first off you both/all who wanna play in the server must install hamachi. After everyone has it installed the person who wants to host must then create a hamachi network and everyone must join it. After everyone has joined or atleast after the network has been hosted the host must run the server.bat file. Once it finishes up the host and the people who wanna join must use the host's hamachi ipv4 address to log into the server from Project Zomboid. 

Any questions just quote this post and ill get back to you as soon as i can.

Also make sure to turn off firewall. In the future try out the Advanced Search feature to the top right of the forums to find topics that are similar to a question you had in mind. A quick search for "Hamachi" came up with several great topics that answer/help with your question.