kinyoshi

So?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. So you want food sounds?

2. 2. have code that will detect when drinking while sneaking, (OnEatenPrimarySneakSoundVolume and OnEatenPrimarySneakSoundRadius) with lower set values than the regular ones.

Adds a few tags for food and drinks to add sound effects while eating. This sound effect with start as soon the item is started to be eaten or drunk. If it is looped it will continue until the food item is depleted, this will allow for looping sounds such as chewing, crunching, gulping etc.. One time sounds like the pop top will only play once.

The primary sound plays at the start of eating or drinking and the secondary sound plays right after that and loops until the food or drink is depleted, this loop can be made to run once by setting the loop tag to "FALSE".

To make it so it only does the gulping sound, both primary and secondary sounds would be "WaterGulp" with looping "TRUE".

The Loop only applies to the second sound. It would always play the first sound, then the second, then loop second if true.

Sounds like the "SodaCanPopTop" will have a radius. This makes eating with zombies close by dangerous, as I would imagine it would be in real life because let's face it, eating is really noisy.

I'll use an item from the beer mod for the example:

This will make the can open sound, then gulp sound until gone

item Beer{Weight = 0.6,Type = Food,HungerChange = 0,ThirstChange = -70,DisplayName = Beer,Alcoholic = TRUE,Icon = Beer.png,OnEatenPrimarySound = SodaCanPopTop,OnEatenPrimarySoundVolume = 15,OnEatenPrimarySneakSoundVolume = 5,OnEatenPrimarySoundRadius = 20,OnEatenPrimarySneakSoundRadius = 6,OnEatenSecondarySound = WaterGulp,OnEatenSecondarySoundVolume = 5,OnEatenSecondarySneakSoundVolume = 1,OnEatenSecondarySoundRadius = 5,OnEatenSecondarySneakSoundRadius = 1,OnEatenSoundLoop = TRUE,UnhappyChange = -10,}This will make the can open sound, then gulp sound onceitem Beer{Weight = 0.6,Type = Food,HungerChange = 0,ThirstChange = -70,DisplayName = Beer,Alcoholic = TRUE,Icon = Beer.png,OnEatenPrimarySound = SodaCanPopTop,OnEatenPrimarySoundVolume = 15,OnEatenPrimarySneakSoundVolume = 5,OnEatenPrimarySoundRadius = 20,OnEatenPrimarySneakSoundRadius = 6,OnEatenSecondarySound = WaterGulp,OnEatenSecondarySoundVolume = 5,OnEatenSecondarySneakSoundVolume = 1,OnEatenSecondarySoundRadius = 5,OnEatenSecondarySneakSoundRadius = 1,OnEatenSoundLoop = FALSE,UnhappyChange = -10,}

Edit: Added sound radius.

Edit2: Added volume. (duh) can't believe I forgot this.

Edit3: Added OnEatenPrimarySneakSound tag suggestion (and poll)

***SodaCanPopTop sound is royalty free from SoundFXNow, converted and edited to ogg by me.***

***ChipBagSoundEffects sounds are royalty free from SoundGator, converted and edited to ogg by me.***

SodaCanPopTop Ogg.zip

ChipBagSoundEffects.zip

Edited by kinyoshi

would be a problem when you auto-drink and you take a sip while sneaking. I'm not a huge fan of this idea soz, eating drinking silently is possible (or at least softly so no one can hear).

Added Sneak Eating/Drinking tags.

NEW POLL!!!, Delete your old votes and RE-vote to get your say on the sneak drinking tag.

Edited by kinyoshi

Love the idea of a food sound in general, especially something like a SodaCan / BeerCan pop - which when you're trying to be quiet is actually a lot more noise than you might think.  Not sure how much noise one makes while drinking beer - but other foods like Chips?

Love the idea of a food sound in general, especially something like a SodaCan / BeerCan pop - which when you're trying to be quiet is actually a lot more noise than you might think.  Not sure how much noise one makes while drinking beer - but other foods like Chips?

Made and added some chip sounds to original post.

I'd like this just for the added user experience. I don't think it needs to have an actual effect on gameplay. Just some munching sounds that illustrate the consumption of a food item. That would be useful when you are able to put consumables into quicklslots.

I'd like this just for the added user experience. I don't think it needs to have an actual effect on gameplay. Just some munching sounds that illustrate the consumption of a food item. That would be useful when you are able to put consumables into quicklslots.

What if there was an option, like the reloading option, that would let the user pick to have sounds affect game-play from the noise, or to just have the sounds only heard by the user and not zombies.

What if there was an option, like the reloading option, that would let the user pick to have sounds affect game-play from the noise, or to just have the sounds only heard by the user and not zombies.

Yeah, have a hardcore setting for it, that sounds good. Someone just needs to code it into the game then :)