The Eurovision 2014

123Imirish

My fellow Europeans, it's that time of year again. Get ready to see earplug sales skyrocket. Watching the semi finals as we speak. Another year to question why the hell do I watch this crap. Have to watch it because my realitive  is friends with Ireland's applicant

I'd love to know what non-British and Non-Irish people make of Eurovision. Does it get the same kitsch love with you guys, or does anyone's nation actually take it seriously?

No.

At least I hope to god not . . .

I actually know the Lordi's drummer who quit the band some time after the Eurovision win. He's probably the only one who I personally have heard say something good about the Eurovisions in Finland, but somehow I feel he has a slight bias. ;)

I'd love to know what non-British and Non-Irish people make of Eurovision. Does it get the same kitsch love with you guys, or does anyone's nation actually take it seriously?

It's all political anyway. The ones the public vote only represent 50% of the vote. For instance Ireland and England normally give each other 4 or eight points. Scandinavian countries all vote for each other. Austria and Germany and the Swiss. It's all to strengthen ties between two countries 

Ireland didn't get through today. We have won it seven times, more than any other country, now I'm pissed. 

We have won it so much in our last presidential election a former Eurovision Winner ran for presidency, oh Dana you do realize nobody voted for you.

Ireland didn't get through today. We have won it seven times, more than any other country, now I'm pissed. 

We have won it so much in our last presidential election a former Eurovision Winner ran for presidency, oh Dana you do realize nobody voted for you.

Well, we kinda stopped trying. Didn't we have a 'Turkey' up for Eurovision last time?

The only reason we stopped bothering anymore is because Ireland couldn't afford to host it :P

Archived