The wild wild west!

Ridickulo

Why not a Hello Kitty shirt too? I want to have the ability to praise my hobby ingame! 

Why is everyone laughing at my Kitty Ear love :/

It's not about your Kitty Ear Love, it's me fighting for my rights to achieve my hobby ingame! ^^

While we're adding cowboy related things, how about revolvers, too? I'm not just talking about modern revolvers, either, like most states that were important in the civil war, reenactment is a thing that happens, so maybe as a rare drop in some houses (and maybe in museums) there could be old repeaters and revolvers 

I thought there was already a thread stating why muséums don't have weapons, i think muséums shouldn't have weapons...

That thread was about having katanas in museums, I was thinking having actual civil war weaponry in museums, which is more plausible, though I'm not sure if the weapons would work.

I thought there was already a thread stating why muséums don't have weapons, i think muséums shouldn't have weapons...

That thread was about having katanas in museums, I was thinking having actual civil war weaponry in museums, which is more plausible, though I'm not sure if the weapons would work.

Generally museum weapons are deactivated or too old to fire safely anyway...

What about replicas made for civil war reenactment? They typically fire blanks but could be loaded with ammunition, especially the revolvers which are made to chamber modern ammunition.

What about replicas made for civil war reenactment? They typically fire blanks but could be loaded with ammunition, especially the revolvers which are made to chamber modern ammunition.

They do make like, newly manufactured replicas of ball-and-cap guns, and some older guns can actually be fired, but to my understanding everything at museum is deactivated generally because of liability and stuff.

They do make like, newly manufactured replicas of ball-and-cap guns, and some older guns can actually be fired, but to my understanding everything at museum is deactivated generally because of liability and stuff.

Well, then let's take the museum thing off the table, then, but I'm sure Kentucky would have a sizeable group of historic gun nuts who like collecting replicas of old guns.

Well, then let's take the museum thing off the table, then, but I'm sure Kentucky would have a sizeable group of historic gun nuts who like collecting replicas of old guns.

Even normal gunstores will typically have a handful of replicas or antique firearms. Maybe the logic is less people know how to operate them or feed them, in the case of muzzle-loaders?

Why not mediaval  weapons? Spears, simple swords?

Why would a museum in rural Kentucky have medieval weaponry on display? Museums that show actual medieval things either were rich enough to ship artifacts to the museum or are where the artifacts were created (IE: Europe). And neither of these would apply to a museum in a small town in rural Kentucky

And none of this would be found in real-life Muldragh, KY, a town of about 1000 people (as of 2012) with no actual museums.  The closest one is the General Geroge Patton Museum in Fort Knox.  Granted, that's only about four miles away, but you're not very likely to find civil war replica weapons there either. :P

And none of this would be found in real-life Muldragh, KY, a town of about 1000 people (as of 2012) with no actual museums.  The closest one is the General Geroge Patton Museum in Fort Knox.  Granted, that's only about four miles away, but you're not very likely to find civil war replica weapons there either. :P

though of course i don't think they're copying the geography exactly and another thing to note is that the map is constantly growing, They'd probably add Fort Knox and they're planning on adding a big city, as well, which could include Louisville. 

Which would probably have a couple of museums scattered around, sure. There are no museums dedicated to civil war history, though, so you'd have to hope one of the (two?) larger museums has an exhibit. And that the weapons aren't deactivated. And that you can find what you need to fire them, since museems don't generally keep stores of black powder and musket shot.

If you can get all that going for you, though, you too can wield the shoulder-spraining power of a fairly innacurate rifle! Feel like a badass as you take a full minute to reload after every shot! Feel the relentless clawing of the horde as you... oh wait.

If you found a civil war replica weapon designed to fire modern rounds that'd be a different story, but then you'd have to explain to me how that's different from any other gun and why it's worth the effort of putting it in the game.

Which would probably have a couple of museums scattered around, sure. There are no museums dedicated to civil war history, though, so you'd have to hope one of the (two?) larger museums has an exhibit. And that the weapons aren't deactivated. And that you can find what you need to fire them, since museems don't generally keep stores of black powder and musket shot.

If you can get all that going for you, though, you too can wield the shoulder-spraining power of a fairly innacurate rifle! Feel like a badass as you take a full minute to reload after every shot! Feel the relentless clawing of the horde as you... oh wait.

If you found a civil war replica weapon designed to fire modern rounds that'd be a different story, but then you'd have to explain to me how that's different from any other gun and why it's worth the effort of putting it in the game.

I never mentioned old muzzle loaders, I just mentioned basic revolvers and repeaters.

They need to add Tommy guns. And also bacon. Why can't. I find any bacon anywhere to satisfy this animal urge of mine? I need to eat the fat off of a pig to survive! And what about bananas? When are those going to be implemented, huh?