[Spoilers] The Walking Dead and terrible decisions

Rikashey

Anyone else notice how terrible they are at dealing with zombies in the show?

In the first few episodes there is the dad and his son who help Rick. The dad was a total noob. He had lights on inside his home at night. If there are zombies outside why would you have your house lit with multiple candles and torches for them to see?

Later he was on the 2nd floor sniping off zeds which was a terribly noob thing to do. He was drawing all the walkers to his safehouse. He didn't even at least break the stairs and add a sheet rope. What a noob.

Another huge blunder that I noticed is how inefficient they are at conserving ammo. Rick is a prime example of inefficientcy. If there is a horde following behind him he'll 360noscope and headshot 2 zeds and keep running. Why would you do that? Why would you waste ammo on 2 zeds?

It's everyone really. They'll shoot a few random zeds and then run. Makes no sense at all. They could just escape without wasting ammo.

I also dislike how everyone is a skilled marksman. 360noscopes for everyone. Even Carl.

Btw Beth Greene is hot.

Welcome to the wonderful world of scripted television series involving a premise that might not really work unless the writers nerf the character's ability to process things in a logical manner.

For example, the father was intentionally drawing zombies towards him so he could literally kill his greatest fear: his corpse-bride.

I'd assume the implications from all the sheets over the windows (wow, just like PZ! Sheets man. Sheets everywhere!), that that light is meant to go no further than inside the house. Risky? Sure, if you happen to start flapping said sheets, or happenstance one should free itself.

Really dont get me started and i have mentioned this on another thread...

They should be training medieval style combat and crafting melee weapons!

And of course, the ammount of militar hardware that they pass in the start of the show makes me wonder. Did none of those soldiers carried rifles and ammo? Because they appear to be hard pressed for any kind of firearm.

The show is simply a watered down soap reduced version of Zed Apoc Survival for the Joe Q public.

It's probably a fair argument that, if the mliitary is overrun, it's because they ran out of bullets, neh?

I doubt it. Honestly, how can the military get overrun?

I still can't understand how guys in tanks were somehow stopped by walkers? What?

Also, did you notice the 50 cals mounted on the tanks? Those things would rip through multiple walkers like nothing.

And of course, the ammount of militar hardware that they pass in the start of the show makes me wonder. Did none of those soldiers carried rifles and ammo? Because they appear to be hard pressed for any kind of firearm.

Yeah kinda weird. After that explosion they just left instead of trying to look for weapons and ammo. They could've had military grade gear from the start...

Guys in tanks ran out of gas and no resupply came.

They were stuck inside with a horde waiting just over the hatch and died of thirst.

You really have to read World War Z. Its a must. ( there is a movie out by that name but its pure coincidence)

They were stuck inside with a horde waiting just over the hatch and died of thirst.

You really have to read World War Z. Its a must. ( there is a movie out by that name but its pure coincidence)

That... Is quite logical. I'll make sure to remember that next time someone asks me why would a guy in a tank not survive zombie apocalypse. 

Welcome to the wonderful world of scripted television series involving a premise that might not really work unless the writers nerf the character's ability to process things in a logical manner.

Same goes for pretty much any fiction with fantastic elements included. You just have to avoid thinking about it too hard.

Speaking of which, where the HELL do thep keep finding gas for all the cars, buses and bikes they are riding across the country?

Well, I guess they could syphon it from other cars or maybe that prison generator has a big gas tank.

Those cars have amazing batteries. None of them dead at all! And filter and plugs that didn't gain any rust and work like a charm from the get go.

The main thing with gas stations is that thing is pumped outside electrically and doesn't work otherwise. I wonder if it is possible to open some sort of hatch to access the tank and just bucket it up like if it was water!

Were does Daryl get his ammo? It's like he never runs out of bolts, and you can't tell me he keeps reusing them. You can only reuse a bolt so many times, not to mention all the times he shot when he couldn't get his ammo back....

:oops: I just wanna be part of the raid fun.... I love me some Walking Dead....especially Daryl and Carl.

Were does Daryl get his ammo? It's like he never runs out of bolts, and you can't tell me he keeps reusing them. You can only reuse a bolt so many times, not to mention all the times he shot when he couldn't get his ammo back....

:oops: I just wanna be part of the raid fun.... I love me some Walking Dead....especially Daryl and Carl.

He likes Carl, banhe!

Yeah that really is a good read. If anything the best chapter for explaining why the military can be easily overrun read the Battle of Yonkers chapter.

Whilst I think it was a good read I think the part about the Battle of Yonkers was really quite silly.

Only some kinda total moronic butthead would fight that battle like it was fought. Also USA has enough planes to ensure an almost continuous stream of planes dropping napalm. Why wasn't this done?

Anyone else notice how terrible they are at dealing with zombies in the show?

In the first few episodes there is the dad and his son who help Rick. The dad was a total noob. He had lights on inside his home at night. If there are zombies outside why would you have your house lit with multiple candles and torches for them to see?

Later he was on the 2nd floor sniping off zeds which was a terribly noob thing to do. He was drawing all the walkers to his safehouse. He didn't even at least break the stairs and add a sheet rope. What a noob.

Another huge blunder that I noticed is how inefficient they are at conserving ammo. Rick is a prime example of inefficientcy. If there is a horde following behind him he'll 360noscope and headshot 2 zeds and keep running. Why would you do that? Why would you waste ammo on 2 zeds?

It's everyone really. They'll shoot a few random zeds and then run. Makes no sense at all. They could just escape without wasting ammo.

I also dislike how everyone is a skilled marksman. 360noscopes for everyone. Even Carl.

Btw Beth Greene is hot.

I read the comics and they are amazing, the Hunters should hopefully make the show a bit more dark and interesting, especially If they deal with the hunters the way they do in the comics, ouch 

Really The Walking Dead isn't necessarily down to a point of zombie survival, but more of the bigger issues, social problems, and the way society breaks down. It isn't about them finding ammo, food, or keeping survival, but developing characters and stories.

Whilst I think it was a good read I think the part about the Battle of Yonkers was really quite silly.

Only some kinda total moronic butthead would fight that battle like it was fought. Also USA has enough planes to ensure an almost continuous stream of planes dropping napalm. Why wasn't this done?

The assumption in that chapter is that "They didn't think it would be necessary -- they were just that awesome."

Why does everyone hate Laury?

I'm at the part where she dies and I still don't see what she did wrong to angry people.

:oops:  SPOILER ALERT!  :oops:

This whole thread was a spoiler.

I put spoiler in the tags.

Archived