resistance to zombie infection

prklts

You know, Project Zomboid is a game, where the virus is everthing. It would:

-lose his ,,magic", because it would be another game

-the frustation when you beeing bitten.:)

So when you want to do that, okay, but i think its not a good idea. The devs did a good job with the infection mortality ;)

You know, Project Zomboid is a game, where the virus is everthing. It would:

-lose his ,,magic", because it would be another game

-the frustation when you beeing bitten. :)

So when you want to do that, okay, but i think its not a good idea. The devs did a good job with the infection mortality ;)

This wasn't a suggestion thread, he was asking for help on how to implement it in a mod. There's no reason this wouldn't be a good mod for those that want this sort of gameplay; that's what mods are for.

I don't know much about modding, so I can't help you, hopefully someone will come along soon to help you out. ;)

I have an idea. There is an lua folder in the media direction. In this folder are ISO-files. In one the class files there is one called like ISOcharakter or something, I dont know. So in this files you can change for example: how long you charakter needs to sleep, as for I know. So MAYBE there would be an option like: BiteInfection=96%

Sorry for the lack of help, but I hope this could help you out.

So here is my progress report. I have found something that looks promising in the following file:

... \Project Zomboid\zombie\characters\BodyDamage\BodyDamage.class

There is a string called "setInf" that I believe sets the infection boolean to "true" (or not). But I am having trouble figuring out how to modify that or how it works within other parts of the file / program. Can anyone assist further?

There is a mod at pz-mod called "Immunity"

Its gives a 50/50 shot at being immune to the virus, maybe have a look. I played with it for a while but after finding out I was immune, the game really did lose some luster. Damage can be healed pretty easily so once the risk of one hit death is gone you lose a lot of care for how you play. I'm finding the same is true for a lot of gun mods, they tend to overpower you to the point where you're just sandboxing the game with zombies being kinda an afterthought

Probably. But I'm skimming the directories and can't find the traits file.... What exactly are you trying to do? Because using thick skin I've gotten away with A LOT so I'm not entirely sure how resistant you are trying to be. There is an option in sandbox mode to eliminate transmission

I'm trying to just be more resistant. The last couple of games I played I took the thick-skinned trait, and the first time I got scratched, and then it became infection. It was so discouraging.