Bombmaking: Go out with a Bang (whether you wanted to or not)

Registron

While thinking of exciting methods to die in this game that don't involve zombies, I thought of something interesting

Killing yourself with an IED (while making one or on purpose)

So then i thought that maybe a new skill could be implemented: making bombs

While making bombs seems kind of useless, maybe it could be used to put up traps in your safehouse fortress.

Now, you might be thinking "not everyone can make bombs u dumbass u'll kill urself" and yes, that's exactly my point, unskilled bombmakers could kill themselves and that's the point, it adds a new exciting way to die and that means another exciting way to lose and losing is FUN

I don't really like the idear. It's nok like it's the first thing i'll focus on in a zombie survival. I won't even think about it. Why should you make a bomb other than kill yourself? 

bombs are loud, some sort of timed bomb could be used as a distraction

killing yourself is also a good idea

now what would be the odds that we would have the proper materials on hand to accomplish this? or that the average person in Muldraugh or West Point would actually know how to do this?

now what would be the odds that we would have the proper materials on hand to accomplish this? or that the average person in Muldraugh or West Point would actually know how to do this?

of course the materials could be rare but ammonium nitrate (found in nitrogen based fertilizers) can be used as an explosive when mixed with gasoline, both of these can be found in farms and houses and all you'd then need is a detonator (don't ask me how to get that, i'm not an expert bomb maker)

on another note, i think i'm on a government watchlist because i searched up easy to find bomb materials

Well, I've been thinking of a pipe bomb.

# amount of bullets/shells (for the black powder)  <= [make this a costly trade of bullets/shells]

# amount of nails <= [also fairly costly]

candle + kitchenknife/scissors/ect = wick

container (empty whiskey bottle/pop bottle/ water bottle/ etc)

light and throw like a molotov, but with destruction damage, not fire

maybe in a mod, but i cannot believe for a second TIS would have a part of the game that encourages people to try prying the projectile off an active bullet to use the gunpowder inside for a home made bomb. thats the kind of thing that people would notice, for all the wrong reasons.

What about using the ropes too much causes to rip off and actually fall off?That would add a challenge especially if it they allow it to have a durability and it gets affected greatly when it rains or when a zombie keeps pulling/ripping it from the bottom when your climbing or descending...They could implement a proffesion (thief) Special trait: ability to picklock doors and create powerful sheetropes that would last longer...

Would be nice to create a rope just to break it on your first try depending on your + and - traits...

What about using the ropes too much causes to rip off and actually fall off?That would add a challenge especially if it they allow it to have a durability and it gets affected greatly when it rains or when a zombie keeps pulling/ripping it from the bottom when your climbing or descending...They could implement a proffesion (thief) Special trait: ability to picklock doors and create powerful sheetropes that would last longer...

Would be nice to create a rope just to break it on your first try depending on your traits...

could it be that maybe you posted in the wrong thread? this has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

of course the materials could be rare but ammonium nitrate (found in nitrogen based fertilizers) can be used as an explosive when mixed with gasoline, both of these can be found in farms and houses and all you'd then need is a detonator (don't ask me how to get that, i'm not an expert bomb maker)

on another note, i think i'm on a government watchlist because i searched up easy to find bomb materials

The mats are going to be easy to find, blasting caps are 1/4 a stick of dynamite you can find them in any farm supply store, the are mainly used for blowing up tree stumps, also black powder is pretty easy to find in the south, a lot of gun stores have it, lots of things can be made to explode when used correct. Pool cleaning chems, stuff in a high school chem lab. I think you see my point.

The mats are going to be easy to find, blasting caps are 1/4 a stick of dynamite you can find them in any farm supply store, the are mainly used for blowing up tree stumps, also black powder is pretty easy to find in the south, a lot of gun stores have it, lots of things can be made to explode when used correct. Pool cleaning chems, stuff in a high school chem lab. I think you see my point.

i see your point, but whats to say the Devs will implement the items you mentioned? they may not want to have explosives in the game, they are not listed as a yes or no in the commonly suggested list. of course, the definition of "over powered weapons" could be explosive related....i guess. they do make it clear there will be no Nukes. thats why i suggested in a second post that this may be better as a mod

but i still wonder what the odds are of the average person knowing how to make any type of explosive without blowing themselves to hell. somehow i doubt we will find any bombmaking for beginners, intermediates, advanced, expert or master books

i see your point, but whats to say the Devs will implement the items you mentioned? they may not want to have explosives in the game, they are not listed as a yes or no in the commonly suggested list. of course, the definition of "over powered weapons" could be explosive related....i guess. they do make it clear there will be no Nukes. thats why i suggested in a second post that this may be better as a mod

but i still wonder what the odds are of the average person knowing how to make any type of explosive without blowing themselves to hell. somehow i doubt we will find any bombmaking for beginners, intermediates, advanced, expert or master books

We'll keep in mind all but the most powerful explosives are prolly not going to kill very many zombies, blast trauma kills people easy but would prolly just damage Zeds. It takes massive concussive waves to liquidly the brain in the skull, break bones sure, remove limbs yes , but you could balance them by 1) making the lethal aeration of effect low to Zeds, and 2) make it so they draw in Zeds from blocks, it would make people think twice about using them for safe house defense. And make them more of a situational weapon.

As for learning it maybe it's not a 5 tier skill, or perhaps there are military bases like in Bedford that can have skill books, blasting caps come with instructions , modeling kits teach basic wiring, ect ect. You can for example break down fire works and make explosives with them, even over the counter fireworks not to even mention the stuff you could make out of grade a fireworks

In short I think you could have explosives with out them being op. They could add a lot of fun to the game.

Also they bend the rules on avg person pretty hard, your guy goes from not knowing what end of the hammer to hold to building a free standing building in a matter of weeks, with the help of a few construction for dummies books he's off building multi story forts and what not. 90% of America could never do anything like that. No measuring tapes, no ruler or marking chalk, no protractor to make angled cuts, turns trees into lumber like a boss with a bow saw/hack saw. And let's not even get into farming lol, most people can't even keep house plants alive much less grow crops, and some how green thumb McGee here can grow strawberries in December :P.

In short want I'm saying is your clearly not that avg, you have something going for you, 95% of the world is dead and you are not, maybe your skilled maybe your lucky, but you are not avg the avg people are all dead.

Because let's be honest, if you were avg the game would not be that fun to play, and when you look at real life people can and will do crazy stuff above and beyond the norm when the need to find a way to make it happen or die is on the table.

Also as I think about it more, the types of bombs you could make could scale with skill, in the same way that at level one you can't make a lot if the stuff you can at level 3-4-5 in carp just do that with bomb making. Level 1 bombs really can't be used for much other than making noise to draw in Zeds, and have problems like the fuse burns longer/shorter than intended. As your skill goes up so will the types of bombs you can make, the effectiveness of ones you can make and how reliable they are. Also bigger bombs could have greater risk, get stuck in a building ? Have to jump out a window ? Well maybe that fall sets off the IDE you are carrying ...

Also as I think about it more, the types of bombs you could make could scale with skill, in the same way that at level one you can't make a lot if the stuff you can at level 3-4-5 in carp just do that with bomb making. Level 1 bombs really can't be used for much other than making noise to draw in Zeds, and have problems like the fuse burns longer/shorter than intended. As your skill goes up so will the types of bombs you can make, the effectiveness of ones you can make and how reliable they are. Also bigger bombs could have greater risk, get stuck in a building ? Have to jump out a window ? Well maybe that fall sets off the IDE you are carrying ...

I like it.

Small bombs could be used to blow open locked doors or shop shutters. (West Point Gun Store) or toe poppers or noise makers for base defense, even hunting/trapping.

Bigger bombs could take down walls and clear ground, an alternative to the sledgehammer.

In regards to making bombs. it doesn't take allot of skill or knowledge to compress gunpowder and add a fuse. resources for bomb crafting could be simple.

gunpowder source + container + sturdy stick + fuse = bomb + lighter = bang!

(+nails or screws for extra damage)

gunpowder + string = long fuse + scissors = short fuse

gunpowder sources:

tub of gunpowder

dynamite (already a functioning bomb - rare)

shotgun ammo

9mm ammo

containers: (determines the power of the bomb)

empty water bottle

empty pop bottle

empty can

electronic or trigger detonators could be added, but haven't thought about it.

mixing chemicals maybe too complex and unrealistic (and also may attract the wrong attention from the censorship and stupification brigade)

Detonaters are not hard to find. Take apart a shotgun shell and you have a percussion cap. I've. Done it before.

Honestly, I'd even take those little snap pop things you throw and they make a rather audible noise, couple it with a slingshot and bam... long distance noisemaker.