[Fan Made] Project KnowZomboid

Hi!

So to make me learn a little bit more in Visual Studio, i decided to make a simple program for Project Zomboid. You choose wich subject of items you want to have displayed: Weapons/Baggage/Farming and so on. After the choosen subject, you get a list of all the items in the game of that subject.

Click on the item you want, ex. Axe. and press the button "Show". On the right side you will get the stats and description of the weapon. 

Really simple, use it if you are too lazy to go to the wiki :P

Only weapon subject as of now, if people really wanna use it, then im going to add more. :)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d8sw4i2w6loptjc/projectKnowZoid.rar

If you want, comment your opinion! :)

• 1 month later...

Brilliant idea liongoat!  Thanks for sharing.

Will you be keeping this updated?

The only thing I find is that the wiki isn't as up to date as it could be (obviously given that we're in Alpha in can be a bit more time consuming than it's worth-but if the project is to be of use it needs to be accurate and up to date)

Let us know how you're getting on with it!   :)

[EDIT] Okay so I gave it a whirl, nice and simple layout.  Currently all I can see is a button for Baggage at the moment, if I click the Baggage button more than once it adds the list of baggage items to the bottom of the list again, and you can keep clicking and it will keep adding.  Are both these behaviours normal?

(Running Win 7 64bit - don't know if that makes a difference to you).

Suggestions:

1)  Add all types of items (Baggage, Weapons, etc., etc.)

2) Make it Auto-Show the info, so when I click in the left hand box on the item, it automatically shows the item's information in the right hand side.

3) Add a picture of the item in the middle between the 2 boxes - is seems like a perfect space for it :)

Just my comments.

X10

Archived