JonSyn

if its run as a mod like its ment to be, in c:/users/your name/zomboid/mods it works fine. checksum works and all. i run it and a number of other hosters use it.

when you extract the brutalKeyV1 download inside that folder is another one named BrutalKeyV1, thats the mod, your not using it double folderedededed are you? lol

and othere players are installing it client side before they join?

get ahold of me on steam jonsyn and ill help you get it working. im not very fast at typing i got a wrist brace on and only have 5 fingers to type with across 2 hands tho lol.

for build 27 this will have to be run as a mod, so if your looking to use a mod pack then just add this to it or if you like you can use my servers mod pack

-snip-

it has some goodies in it and ill be doing alot more for it.

Does it mean, that links on first post are not good for  build 27 and i have to use this mod now?

depends how you play

if you only play on your own server or logged in as admin then you can install it the old way by putting it into the projectzomboid game folder.

if you plan to play on other servers or on your own without being admin then you need it put into a mod.

you can use my mod or you can just make your own mod that your players need to download and put admin tools into it.

but because of the checksum you need admin rights to play on a server if you have modified files in your games client.

depends how you play

if you only play on your own server or logged in as admin then you can install it the old way by putting it into the projectzomboid game folder.

if you plan to play on other servers or on your own without being admin then you need it put into a mod.

you can use my mod or you can just make your own mod that your players need to download and put admin tools into it.

but because of the checksum you need admin rights to play on a server if you have modified files in your games client.

erm...i unziped BrutalKey into mods on remote server and on my PC, but it can not be activated in mods menu in the client, somthing wrong? 

im running my own haevy RP closed whitelisted server, and i play there and as admin and as player somtimes.  I really think admin tools is the best mod ever made for PZ so i really need it working properly.

So here is what i did:

1. i fully re-installed my PZ, to get rid of old tools files.

2. added mod to remote server machine (both mods folders uners users/username/zomboid/mods AND Steam/SteamApps/Project Zomboid/mods)

3.Did same on my PC

4.Activated mod in my client

5.No admin tools working

6. tried to summon /additem "admin" "Base.Raincoat" - worked fine

7. tried "home" but no admin tools showed up

Whats wrong? 

im getting tons of errors serverside like:

Cannot load "Base.Soap" item. Make sure all mods used in save are installed.

Another issue. Im getting on one single map and other are not loading, only if a press OK on thet error message.

Tried to edit back servertest.ini in mods=BrutalKeyV1 - just left the field empty and te map worked fine again, but admin tools turned off.

Hi, could you help me out because my jimmies are pretty rustled right now.

I downloaded the files from the first link from the second pair of links, because I play in a smaller screen. 

When I loaded up my character i noticed noticed the admin tools window, everything okay so far. But when I tried to spawn some stuff (ammo/axe/etc) an error message appeared in the chat box each time. Then I tried the add xp command. oh boy... Instantly the song "Never Gonna Give You" Up by Rick Astley started playing (aka The troll song). Also the "heavy bleeding" thingy popped up. I immediately checked my characters stats and saw that every single part of his body was both scratched and bitten, with the overall hp quickly draining. And thats it. I died.

I'm not a rocket engineer but I don't think that this was supposed to happen? Right after it i tried other commands, all the same result. So I deleted those files and downloaded the very first download link in your post, but this time the window wouldn't even come up at all. 

Could you take a look at what is happening here? I don't think I have a virus or anything but you know... 

Its not useable on Single Player or by non-Admins. What happens if you try to use it in SP or as a normal user hacking?

Well its not good lol.

It's late, didn't read it thoroughly enough.

But still, it's weird. I'm as far as I know the admin of my own server :S

For some reason it thinks you aren't- are you sure you logged in as an admin, with the admin user and pass? At any rate, I've removed the links to the mod as this goes against our modding terms. It won't be coming back up until the OP removes this 'feature' from his mod.

We don't allow any malicious code- like this- that could cause you to lose work on a save file, especially not intentionally. He can put the links back up when he gets the mod back in line with our modding terms.

im getting tons of errors serverside like:

Cannot load "Base.Soap" item. Make sure all mods used in save are installed.

Another issue. Im getting on one single map and other are not loading, only if a press OK on thet error message.

Tried to edit back servertest.ini in mods=BrutalKeyV1 - just left the field empty and te map worked fine again, but admin tools turned off.

my mod dosnt have bas.soap in it so its not from my mod or admin tools.

i run the brutalkeyv1 mod on my server no issues but ill remove the link from here.

Hi, could you help me out because my jimmies are pretty rustled right now.

I downloaded the files from the first link from the second pair of links, because I play in a smaller screen. 

When I loaded up my character i noticed noticed the admin tools window, everything okay so far. But when I tried to spawn some stuff (ammo/axe/etc) an error message appeared in the chat box each time. Then I tried the add xp command. oh boy... Instantly the song "Never Gonna Give You" Up by Rick Astley started playing (aka The troll song). Also the "heavy bleeding" thingy popped up. I immediately checked my characters stats and saw that every single part of his body was both scratched and bitten, with the overall hp quickly draining. And thats it. I died.

I'm not a rocket engineer but I don't think that this was supposed to happen? Right after it i tried other commands, all the same result. So I deleted those files and downloaded the very first download link in your post, but this time the window wouldn't even come up at all. 

Could you take a look at what is happening here? I don't think I have a virus or anything but you know... 

hes not admin and im guessing he used a old version not posted here anymore, or he edited it thinking he could hack with it. version 2 checks if your admin and if your not wont even show the admin tools menu. and also if you were admin, that wouldnt effect you at all if you got the rick roll and dammage as youd start with godmode and invinsibility.

We don't allow any malicious code- like this- that could cause you to lose work on a save file, especially not intentionally. He can put the links back up when he gets the mod back in line with our modding terms.

and as for being malicious, it seems its only malicious code if its used as such, if a player dosnt read the warnings for non-admin/hacking and chooses to do it its they who have made it malicious not me. but i did remove the BrutalKeyV1 link as thats actually what kills hackers who use othere spawners and hacks. but admin tools wont even work unless your a admin, it just wont show period.

That's not an excuse- it still has the potential to ruin people's saves, and that's not something I'm going to allow you to distribute. It goes against the Terms of Use that you agreed to upon modding Project Zomboid. Please remove the code that does this from every version of every mod you're distributing. Like I said, it's fine if you make it not work or pop up a warning message, but we simply will not allow mods that intentionally ruin save files, regardless of what the user is doing.

as it is admintoolsv2 will not even work for non admins or in single player

try it

only way to do it is if the player moddified the code.

it will not show unless you are admin period.

not to mention the fact that most of its code uses admin commands that wont even work unless your admin.

Thank you for the tools and dedication it took to create them. These are perfect for administration. I would say though adding a larger zombie corpse cleanup, teleport to players and being able to give specific xp to players would almost make this seem complete to me. As well I hope you are feeling better after your sickness.

bhvh, it doesn't matter if he's the scummiest scumbag on the planet. The Terms of Use for Project Zomboid and modding it clearly state that no harmful or malicious code is to be shipped as a PZ mod. Even if there's no chance, ever, of anyone accessing it... it's still against the ToU to ship it. Regardless, this matter has already been settled, so let's forget about it and move on. Anyone with any questions regarding our Terms of Use can please send me a PM instead of off-topicing this thread further.