Priority vehicle to be added!  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Priority vehicle to be added!

• Automobiles
    • Bikes
    • Skateboards
    • Rollerblades
    • Motorbike/Dirtbike
    • Scooter (Electric and Razor type ones...)
    • Segways (Really?)
    • Horseback

Disclaimer- This a edited Steam chat conversation that only had my parts... Also, these are all just suggestions... Opinions in comments.

For vehicles, don't really think cars should be added but if they do. Bikes and skateboards (Etc) would be better IMO and should be rare for a decent one and would still need lots O' parts to fix.

With the car, if you crash: 30% chance of death, 50% chance of extreme and critical injuries and bleeding and 15% minor injuries and bleeding 5% chance to be unscaved.

Bike would be: 5% Death, 75% minor injuries maybe bleeding, 5% critical and 20% chance to be unscaved. Bike and other manual vehicles would be slower, but quiet and bike could have perks for some Mountain bike: good overall for getting around and can go on grass with normal speed.

Basket Bike: has basket for some storage but not nearly as much as a car, has same perks as mountain bike but is rarer. BMX: nice speed and is good on road sot grass, good handling, lightweight but is easily broken? Racing bike: Great speed, bonus on roads, chance of crashing if going from road to the grass at high speeds, and is rare. Child's bike/Trike: Easy to find, low chance of crashing but the cons, oh the cons. Ahem, -80 happiness, chance to anger (It's a small bike it would be frustrating.) and it's pretty slow. Probably better off running than using a Trike.

BMX easily broken?

Of all the bike types you've mentioned, I would have considered the BMX to be one of the hardiest. They are made for jumps and tricks, and taking an all round thrashing.

If anything, the BMX would probably have the lowest top speed, since they usually have a smaller diameter wheel (so, you know, more rotations to cover the same ground as a larger wheel), and no gears.

Also, there's been plenty of discussion on vehicles of various types, and how they could/would be implemented into the game on these forums - bringing it over from steam reads like a bit of a crossover in discussion there...

BMX easily broken?

Of all the bike types you've mentioned, I would have considered the BMX to be one of the hardiest. They are made for jumps and tricks, and taking an all round thrashing.

If anything, the BMX would probably have the lowest top speed, since they usually have a smaller diameter wheel (so, you know, more rotations to cover the same ground as a larger wheel), and no gears.

Also, there's been plenty of discussion on vehicles of various types, and how they could/would be implemented into the game on these forums - bringing it over from steam reads like a bit of a crossover in discussion there...

I had said that because I couldn't think of a way to balance it. It didn't come out the way it sounded though.

My vote/s are towards automobiles, bikes, and horseback. Skateboards rollerblades and segways are extremely unnecessary. Skateboards are loud as hell too, especially on ruff ground like what i'd imagine to find in kentucky's infrastructure. Wish I could go skate right now, but I came down with a bad case of broken ankle. 

BMX easily broken?

I had said that because I couldn't think of a way to balance it. It didn't come out the way it sounded though.

Forced balancing isn't a way to go in a game that strives for realism. Just my 2¢. When you think of real life situations, there's almost always some balancing factors already. As the mentioned speed.

Horseback riding sounds pretty cool, although probably one of the most difficult to pull off out of all the options. Not only is caring for a horse a very time consuming endeavor, but they can be stubborn animals and your not going to win a fight with one. Also if the horse gets spooked, your going to hit the ground hard and that could be lethal if trying to escape a horde.

On the plus sides, you can go practically anywhere with a horse. Also, feeding it won't be hard, not with all the hay, grass, apples, and oats you can get for them, also having a good source of water for it to drink. If horses (and possibly other domesticated animals) are added, would be nice to have the ability to make a feeding and watering trough for them to feed from, especially if you do not want them to be eating out of your garden or wandering off to get food/water.