The new directories, build 25+. client/server/shared

RAINBOW

I'm almost certain I am having an issue with directory structure since the new move to multiplayer.

I have this (Working) example of code here:

--+ Raenbow +----+ 2nd May 2014 +-- --+ CHECK FILE EXISTS +---- --prints an error message if file not exist in dir.  function checkFileExist(_sFile) local string sFile = _sFile;local file = getFileReader(sFile, false); -- dir: C:\Users\User\Zomboid\Luaif file == nil then  --does anything exist there?print("RAENBOW : Could not find file : ".. sFile .. " in C:\Users\User\Zomboid\Lua");elseprint("RAENBOW : Successfully found file :" .. sFile .. " in C:\Users\User\Zomboid\Lua");--File exists, do nothing.--line = file:readLine();   --Could go further, and identify file type (e.g. .png, .txt)end end  function raenbow_includeMain()checkFileExist("Item_Ctoken.png"); end Events.OnGameStart.Add(raenbow_includeMain);

The code came from my desire to add in a "CheckFileExists" functionality to my main include file.  

It's position in my folder structure is:

--User

--Zomboid

--Mods

--MyMod

+Poster.png

+mod.info

--media

--lua

--client

+MYMAININCLUDEFILEHERE.lua

--server

--shared

--scripts

--textures

So far everything looks good huh?  I create a wee server with my computer, to test it will be okay in multiplayer- that's when things get interesting!  On the same computer, I boot up my PZ client, that is to say, the one with the "Join Server" option.  Still with me? cool.

In the join server option, I pop in the loopback, 127.0.0.1, and voila! What once was working when I tried in "Survival" or "Sandbox" will not work! no print statement is returned!

What do you think is going on?

Hahaah, its funny how sometimes taking a double look at your stuff will explain it all!

I had it in the client folder, despite it having to be acted upon in the server folder! So unbelievably simple, how these little networking nuances can catch you out:

--User

--Zomboid

--Mods

--MyMod

+Poster.png

+mod.info

--media

--lua

--client

--server

+MYMAININCLUDEFILEHERE.lua

--shared