Zombie Eating Animations

lazyspongie

So my idea came from when if you get killed by a bunch of zombies you can see more blood coming out of your corpse and you can hear "munching" sounds, but the zombies are just standing there doing absolutely nothing. so I think that the zombies should have animations of them crouching down and eating and i think that when they are eating somebody's corpse in multiplayer (or an npc in singleplayer) they should have a lower awareness level making you more able to sneak past them.

Please post any suggestions in the comments  :)

Update: I also found some OLD sprites in the game's files of gibs which usually appeared in alpha when you were being nommed on by some zambies, so I think they should also HD-ify them and use those for when you get mauled and if they do eventually add amputations and gore 

I love the idear, but I isen't it hard to implement. Having a horde trying to do the eating animation, may kill the FPS?

I dunno, but I love the idear! 

It shouldn't kill the FPS, it's a simple animation. Walking is an animation and it doesn't hurt fps.

I love the idear, but I isen't it hard to implement. Having a horde trying to do the eating animation, may kill the FPS?

Having an entire horde eat the same body seems kinda hard. It's probably gonna be restricted to one/two zombies devouring a body, max.

Having an entire horde eat the same body seems kinda hard. It's probably gonna be restricted to one/two zombies devouring a body, max.

Im sure if I was a zombie I would always get a bite or two no matter how many bodies...I mean buddies are around.

Realistically speaking Im sure that 6-8 zombies can mangle on the same corpse at one time easily. Others would just pile around, pushing each other. Make it as messy and chaotic as it can look in isometric game.

• 3 months later...

Im sure if I was a zombie I would always get a bite or two no matter how many bodies...I mean buddies are around.

Realistically speaking Im sure that 6-8 zombies can mangle on the same corpse at one time easily. Others would just pile around, pushing each other. Make it as messy and chaotic as it can look in isometric game.

Imagine that when there are more then 20 zombies the ones that aren't getting food simply shuffle around.

I understand what you mean when you see http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=296530151