How do I make mod items spawn in map?

Sejemus

Hello fellow survivors, I'm seeking some assistance on how to spawn items in world from a mod.

So far I've read that it's the SuburbsDistribution module which spawn stuff. So I made a script in my mods/media/scripts folder with the module below.

module Extra_SuburbsDistribution{	imports	{		SuburbsDistribution, ModItemsModule	}		containeritemdistribution	{		Room			= 			shed,		Containers		= 			counter,		ModItem	                =			2,	}}

The problem I am facing is that the item does not seem to spawn. I have not yet found any of if. So I have a few questions.

First: What does the number to the right of the item mean?

Second: Is this the correct way to add items to the spawning of items in world?

Thanks in advance.

-Sejemus

Hey, you'll have to make your own YourModsHoweverNamedDistribution.lua file for that.

It should look something like this:

require "Items/SuburbsDistributions";MoreFoods = {} -- Name this whatever your module name for the items is. Base is the most used in game.table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["fridge"].items, "MoreFoods.GroundBeef"); -- your item nametable.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["fridge"].items, 3); -- spawn chance. don't ask the numbers, don't knowtable.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["shelves"].items, "MoreFoods.Rice");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["shelves"].items, 2);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["shelves"].items, "MoreFoods.Spaghetti");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["shelves"].items, 2);

You can find the reference for the locations and containers in the suburbsdistribution.lua which you've apparently already found. :)

Hope it helps

Oh, Alright, I'll check it out. Thanks!

Do you know where I should place the file when moding for build 25+?

Should I have the file in client and server, or should it be in shared?

Again, thanks :)

EDIT:

I can't get it to work. When I add

require "Items/SuburbsDistributions";Items = {} -- Items is the name of the module that have the items.table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["shed"]["counter"].items, "Items.Item1");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["shed"]["counter"].items, 10);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["shed"]["counter"].items, "Items.Item2");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["shed"]["counter"].items, 1);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["shed"]["counter"].items, "Items.Item3");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["shed"]["counter"].items, 3);

I get a error saying "Attempted index: shed of non-table: null"

What am I doing wrong?

Hmm... I've never had that problem myself and also I haven't used this system for a while. :???: The only thing that comes to my mind is the folder location which has now changed. Try changing the first line to this:

require "server/Items/SuburbsDistributions";

I'm no pro at this so if it doesn't cut it, we'll have to wait on someone smarter. :D

Alright, the problem has been solved! :D

Here's how it works:

This piece of code is working for build 25:

require "server/Items/SuburbsDistributions";NameofItemModule = {}table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["fridge"].items, "ItemModule.ItemName");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["fridge"].items, 10); -- I think the higher the number, the higher chance of a spawn.

It has to be in: "yourmodhere/media/lua/server/yourdistributionsfilehere.lua"

Thanks to Suomiboi for helping me figure it out! :)