Spray Paint Mod v2.41a

Thuztor

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried to get it working, but I have not managed it yet.

It works all the way up to 'building' the symbols on the ground, when you try to do it, nothing appears for you to place on the ground.

I have yet to figure out why...

Ok I have fixed it now, it is that the 'floor paint textures' have to have Item_ in front of them and the paths need to reflect this, then the bits need to be properly placed in client, shared and server folders.

I think it needs to be

lua/client/UI

lua/client/keys(not sure where keys should be)

lua/server

put all the other folders and files in here (by that I mean lua folders and files, the scripts and textures stay in media)

this is from the download on post 55 (the original download might be right too, I originally got this mod from another site which at the time of my downloading was out of date.)

Simplest thing to check you have the right one is look in textures and see if all of the pics start with Item_ if not it is an out of date version!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had this working for V26, see my post just above, but now we are v27 so i don't know, haven't done anything in a while.. but wahoo trapping is official!

Heh, I didn't see your post until just now, but I have updated this mod to Build 27.  If anyone wants it, they can grab it from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ruo4dg99ew0ndgb/SprayPaint_v2.2.zip

Thanks!

Good thing you did it. I have no time for it, at the moment. ;)

Hey, no problem.  I am going to rewrite the distribution code because that  SuburbsDistributions insertion method makes things way too common.  I have a drawer full of spray paint after only a couple of in-game days of play.  I'm going to make it just a tad more rare.

Ok, I've updated the mod to make the spray paint just a bit more rare.  This is just my branch from the original mod so if you like things the way they are then just stick with the v2.2.  Here are the changes:

v2.2a - NCrawler	• Rewrote distribution method.  Spawns now have the following weights:		1. wardrobes, crates, counters, bins, metal_shelves - 5% chance to spawn		2. counters at Zippeestore and Fossoil - 7% chance to spawn		3. Garagestorage - 10% chance to spawn

You can download this version from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m50ymyxxr49rg4e/SprayPaint_v2.2a.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Does this mod still work? I've installed it correctly and everything, but the items just don't seem to be appearing in-game.

With .27 at least its working. I stuck the mod on an existing save and started finding the cans after entering some new buildings. The cans appeared in the same shelves/crates you find construction materials in typically.

I will say I came across a small bug. When attempting to place the "Safehouse" marking it wasn't placed, but rather the floating icon for it remained selected up until I removed all spray cans from my character's inventory (I was able to do other things despite this though). Not a major issue mind, but its just something odd I came upon. 

Anyhow, an interesting mod, and one which would be cool to see on mulitplayer servers (where it can be difficult to actually know where to go at times). Along with the ham radio mod these could be real great for multiplayer. Uh, not so much in single player unless you happen to get lost a lot though (and well if you take so long exploring as I do you tend to memorise the map soon enough). ^^

The mod worked perfectly for me in 27.

But unfortunately it doesn't work in 28 anymore, the issue just as Amada described, although I tried her method, it still doesn't work.

If anyone have the time to look at it, it would be very appreciated, since it's one of my fav mods (I got lost easily lol)

Yes I'll confer that the mod no longer works in 28. When a tag is placed there is a brief bar across the player's head (well half the time, others it doesn't occur at all) and the tag is then placed. There is no further action occurring like is supposed to, rather after a period of time the player goes back to the tag (if they walked away from it ...it does take a while for this to occur) and stands on top of it, before the tag is then removed. 

Ah and also the cans are appearing way too often in containers. In one trailer park (call it eight trailers) I came away with at least a dozen. =/

sry, but where shuld i put this: SprayPaint_V2.2a_Build28.3_by_blindcoder.patch.txt

It's a patchfile, describing the differences between the old and the new version. If you don't know how to use it, you should downloade the entire fixed version from oc.anderdonau.de

sry, but where shuld i put this: SprayPaint_V2.2a_Build28.3_by_blindcoder.patch.txt

It's a patchfile, describing the differences between the old and the new version. If you don't know how to use it, you should downloade the entire fixed version from oc.anderdonau.de

I did it but still seems to work with same isue described above by Amada

Strange... I use it and it works just fine for me. I'll check the download.

No, the download is fine. It's exactly the version I have installed, and it works fine for me.

Do you use any other mods? 

I use a bunch of them:

Basseri Dried Fruit, Canning Mod, CraftHelper, spraypaint and waterpipes. spraypaint and waterpipes I've fixed for Build 28.3.

Strange... I use it and it works just fine for me. I'll check the download.

No, the download is fine. It's exactly the version I have installed, and it works fine for me.

Do you use any other mods? 

I use a bunch of them:

Basseri Dried Fruit, Canning Mod, CraftHelper, spraypaint and waterpipes. spraypaint and waterpipes I've fixed for Build 28.3.

I use following:

Additional Skill Books

ApCom and LuaNet

BrutalKeyV1 (admin tools, recipes cut off)

CanningMod

Craftable Molotov Cocktails

Fletchery Updated-1.2

RKFmod

now i wonder if any of them can crash it?

Btw what is a pipe mod? If its drip irrigation can u share pls?