Spray Paint Mod v2.41a

Thuztor

Ya, this hasnt worked for the last verison on steam  17 0014.  I konw there was something about graphics for modders and how something needed to be changed.  I really havent looked at the lua for this and faked my way into messing around to get it to work like i do sometimes.

I made modifications to the mod so It works with 2.9.9.17(0014) and I can  add it to my post if I am asked to And if it the mod creator is okay with that...

While waiting for Thuztor's response - I'm curious, because I've been trying to fix it unsuccesfully. How did you manage to do it?

I made modifications to the mod so It works with 2.9.9.17(0014) and I can  add it to my post if I am asked to And if it the mod creator is okay with that...

Please do! That would be supernice. I don't see why the author would protest, since he himself doesn't provide the support 

Worked for me. This is what it looks like after modifying shapeconf.lua (am not permitted to upload files, unfortunately)

-------------------------------------

-- Configuration file   --

--       for shape of tags   --

-------------------------------------

shapeConf = {};

shapeConf.list = {

{text = 'Spray on Floor', symbolTypes = 

{

{text = 'Simple Symbol', shapes = 

{

{ id = '', name = 'c:/Users/user/Zomboid/mods/SprayPaint/media/textures/tz_CROSS_Floor.png', text = 'Cross' },

{ id = '', name = 'c:/Users/user/Zomboid/mods/SprayPaint/media/textures/tz_SQUARE_Floor.png', text = 'Square' },

{ id = '', name = 'c:/Users/user/Zomboid/mods/SprayPaint/media/textures/tz_CIRCLE_Floor.png', text = 'Circle' },

{ id = '', name = 'c:/Users/user/Zomboid/mods/SprayPaint/media/textures/tz_TRIANGLE_Floor.png', text = 'Triangle' },

}

},

{text = 'Arrow', shapes = 

{

{ id = '', name = 'c:/Users/user/Zomboid/mods/SprayPaint/media/textures/tz_ArrowWEST_Floor.png', text = 'West' },

{ id = '', name = 'c:/Users/user/Zomboid/mods/SprayPaint/media/textures/tz_ArrowNORTH_Floor.png', text = 'North' },

{ id = '', name = 'c:/Users/user/Zomboid/mods/SprayPaint/media/textures/tz_ArrowSOUTH_Floor.png', text = 'South' },

{ id = '', name = 'c:/Users/user/Zomboid/mods/SprayPaint/media/textures/tz_ArrowEAST_Floor.png', text = 'East' },

{ id = '', name = 'c:/Users/user/Zomboid/mods/SprayPaint/media/textures/tz_ArrowNORTHWEST_Floor.png', text = 'Northwest' },

{ id = '', name = 'c:/Users/user/Zomboid/mods/SprayPaint/media/textures/tz_ArrowNORTHEAST_Floor.png', text = 'Northeast' },

{ id = '', name = 'c:/Users/user/Zomboid/mods/SprayPaint/media/textures/tz_ArrowSOUTHWEST_Floor.png', text = 'Southwest' },

{ id = '', name = 'c:/Users/user/Zomboid/mods/SprayPaint/media/textures/tz_ArrowSOUTHEAST_Floor.png', text = 'Southeast' },

}

},

{text = 'Special Meaning Symbol', shapes = {

{ id = '', name = 'c:/Users/user/Zomboid/mods/SprayPaint/media/textures/tz_LOOTED_Floor.png', text = 'Looted' },

{ id = '', name = 'c:/Users/user/Zomboid/mods/SprayPaint/media/textures/tz_HORDES_Floor.png', text = 'Hordes!' },

{ id = '', name = 'c:/Users/user/Zomboid/mods/SprayPaint/media/textures/tz_NOTSAFE_Floor.png', text = 'Not safe!' },

{ id = '', name = 'c:/Users/user/Zomboid/mods/SprayPaint/media/textures/tz_SAFE_Floor.png', text = 'Safe' },

{ id = '', name = 'c:/Users/user/Zomboid/mods/SprayPaint/media/textures/tz_SAFEHOUSE_Floor.png', text = 'Safehouse' },

}

}

}

}

};

No, it still not working! Changing paths give nothing for me.

Well, that's strange, it's working like a charm for me :???:

What version of the game are you running? I have Steam latest 17(00128) for linux.

Also, as chthonic said, did you add a "id=modName" line to the mod.info file?

Oh, it's a Windows fixed, not working for Macs or Linux :/

Just replace the "c:/Users/user" part with what's relevant for your OS.

For linux it would be /home/yournamehere/

No idea for MacOS though...

Thanks, but actually it wasn't for personal use. I've tried to patch it so people could download a working version on pz-mods.net

No, it still not working! Changing paths give nothing for me.

Have you added the id=modname line to mod.info?

Thank you, now it loads, even without changing paths in lua file.

But not sure if it is working, still no sprays. But before there ware a lot. May be I need to change paths to make them spawn.

if there is problem with item distibution, PZ.2.9.9.19 update changed "garage_storage"  name to "garagestorage" .So if you use this version,rewrite garage storage lines in spraypaint_suburbdistribution.lua .  

table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanWhite");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, 1);

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I modified a few stuff quickly to make it work with the current game (build 21). With Thuztor's permission here's the link :

check gon's post at the bottom for an up to date, free of bug version.

Current bug :

- drawing the same shape with a different color will result in all idnetical shapes to share the same color (the last one used).

So all squares are of the same color, all crosses are of (another) same color, etc ...

If someone find out why (all the objects, say crosses, share the same sprite so this may explain that), please keep us informed :D .

New version with minimal changes (no more bugs that I can see), paths are relative to the mod directory so Linux & Mac should be fine. If it doesn't work tell us.

Credits to original devs : Thuztor, Peanuts, RobertJohnson.

Hi,

I modified a few stuff quickly to make it work with the current game (build 21). With Thuztor's permission here's the link :

New version with minimal changes (no more bugs that I can see), paths are relative to the mod directory so Linux & Mac should be fine. If it doesn't work tell us.

Credits to original devs : Thuztor, Peanuts, RobertJohnson.

Wow, Nice :)

Just started trying to fix this myself this morning for someone in the help section.... If you don't mind me asking what was the issue with placing the tags? followed it as far as creating the new tag object & that's about where it started to misbehave.... almost as if the new tag object wasn't initializing, the :render() :create() methods weren't being called....

That's as far as I got before I noticed you had already fixed it......  :blush:

EDIT:

Oh, & you might want to disable the debug ability to spawn paint from the context menu

• Thuztor changed the title to Spray Paint Mod v2.41a