Corpse management

ZeRots

A quick suggestion.. not sure if already suggested or not, if suggested, then sorry, I really don't have that much time to search through all topics. :)

So, you kill a zombie - there is a body; what can you do about it? Nothing.

Being able to move bodies around, clean the blood, burn the bodies, etc.

As you would murder a zombie, you would unholster your weapons and by right clicking the body (or perhaps pressing E) be able to grab it and drag it. You could use sheets rags, sheets/rags + water to clean the blood - since blood/corpse can also cause panic and it is not nice to see in your "base" or place where you would try to camp and/or make a stand. Burning the bodies? Lighter + rags + oil? Ya!

So, why not? What else? Problems? Yeah, let's discuss! :)

There is not much else to say... it is all up to the community and the developers... but this would be nice.

P.S. Why is personal hygiene under "Do-Not-Suggest list"? Makes no sense how something trying to realistically emulate the apocalypse wouldn't have something alike...

This topic has already been discussed numerous times,and it is in the works,the devs said it themselfs,there is even a video about it from them but not sure where,they also want to implement you having a chance of catching the zombie infection if you leave bodies somewhere to long.

This topic has already been discussed numerous times,and it is in the works,the devs said it themselfs,there is even a video about it from them but not sure where,they also want to implement you having a chance of catching the zombie infection if you leave bodies somewhere to long.

Allrighty... while playing it seemed sort of mildly annoying, so I went here and suggested it.

And, sorry, didn't know it was already in development.

Corpse Mod also introduces the ability to remove bodies using bleach, as well as a chance of catching the infection if bodies are left in your house too long or you do not use gloves when you clean.

I haven't been able to test if this works 100% (the infection part) on the latest build, but bleach and body removal (as well as your character complaining about all the dead bodies) does work

• 1 month later...

Hygiene is one of the topics that has been discussed to death around here.  The general consensus is that while realistic, it would not be fun to force your Sim - er, character - to constantly shower or go poop.

Yeah... it wouldn't be fun that you also have to eat, drink, walk, why not just give make us a superman? Because that's fun!

Honestly... a really dumb excuse. If we have eating, drinking, dragging corpses, upcoming burning corpses, raw/cooked food - cooking implies, etc. etc. and ETC. then why for no true reason we can't have this??

This kind of pisses me off... If I have to constantly eat and drink, then what the hell, that's fun, but taking a shower, washing hands to avoid infection, pissing, pooping suddenly is not fun. Woah.... SERIOUSLY...

The only bit of hygiene management I'd want to see in the game is clothes washing. Blood and filth will eventually accumulate on the clothing so washing it would help to prevent infections and the spread of disease. Anything beyond that is strictly unnecessary.

Hygiene is one of the topics that has been discussed to death around here.  The general consensus is that while realistic, it would not be fun to force your Sim - er, character - to constantly shower or go poop.

Yeah... it wouldn't be fun that you also have to eat, drink, walk, why not just give make us a superman? Because that's fun!

Honestly... a really dumb excuse. If we have eating, drinking, dragging corpses, upcoming burning corpses, raw/cooked food - cooking implies, etc. etc. and ETC. then why for no true reason we can't have this??

This kind of pisses me off... If I have to constantly eat and drink, then what the hell, that's fun, but taking a shower, washing hands to avoid infection, pissing, pooping suddenly is not fun. Woah.... SERIOUSLY...

that's not a decision for you to make. if the Developers decide not to include something, then it will not be included.

period.

being sarcastic about something you don't agree with and have no say in or control over is absolutely pointless and just makes you look foolish.

The only bit of hygiene management I'd want to see in the game is clothes washing. Blood and filth will eventually accumulate on the clothing so washing it would help to prevent infections and the spread of disease. Anything beyond that is strictly unnecessary.

Why need to wash it?  Hardly anyone would use that, with how easy to find clothes are and stuff.

Yeah, let's just throw away every single piece of clothing after it gets dirty. So what, we can just loot more. And more. And more. Until eventually every single article of clothing is gone and all that's left are the clothes on the zed's backs. I'm sure those will be clean enough to wear.

Far easier to just drop your clothing in a barrel and stir it with a stick once in a blue moon.