My vision of Vehicles in PZ

sabreking

What should be included ?Vehicles in PZ  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following components of my idea you agree with?

• Standing in the Sun roof or the back of the vehicle to shoot
    • Changing tires
    • upgrading armour
    • adding spikes to the front
    • adding spikes to the wheels
    • Engine components
    • Vehicle inventories
    • permanent attached large weapon i.e. Machine gun
    • Barricading car windows
    • Automobiles (Skill)
    • Automobile Mechanic (Profession)
    • Fuel Economy
    • Tow other cars with your operational car
    • Top 360 degree lights
    • Headlight protectors
    • Extract fuel from other vehicles (Pipe + Container)
    • bicycles (With attachable bags to add inventory to them)

95% of the cars you find everywhere will be not operational, a lot of things can be wrong with a car, and decay will reduce the quality and repair state of all its components. will need repair before you have a usable car.

Automobile use

• Types of vehicles (From sedans to trucks, Probably one tank in the map in an army base somewhere)
  • Bicycles (Less noise, No ramming, Can attach bags to add inventory)
  • Stand in the sun roof or the back of the truck and shoot with firearms or bows etc
  • ram zombies
  • Break garage doors
  • Use car as a mobile barricade to cut of access points
  • Tow other cars to put them in strategic locations to make car barricades to cut off whole roads etc
  • Vehicle inventories (size dependent on the type of vehicle)
  • Extract fuel from other vehicles (Pipe + container)
  • Vehicles make noise and attract zombies

Automobiles (Skill)

• Higher the skill the more parts you can identify and repair
  • Ability to see the quality and repair state of the part
  • ability to see the assess the state of repair, quality of components and fuel economy of a vehcile

Automobile Mechanic (Profession)

• Changes tires quicker
  • Repairs quicker
  • upgrades quicker

Items related to Automobiles

• Engine components effect the speed and the fuel economy of the vehicle
  • Tires
  • Tire tubes
  • Spark plugs
  • Engine belts
  • Carborators
  • EFI
  • Car battery
  • Spanner (To change tires)
  • Tool kit (To make repairs)
  • Welding kit/Steel Propane Cutter ( to repair body, Cut body parts to make pieces of steel to be welded onto another car as Armour and to barricade car windows)
  • Tire pump (can be used to inflate boats)
  • fuel cans
  • headlights
  • Car body piece (Cut off with welder, Steel Propane cutter)
  • Radiator
  • Radiator pipes (Usable elsewhere as well)
  • generic pipe (Used to extract fuel from the tanks of non operational vehicles)
  • Radiator fan (If not present causes over heating)

Automobile Repair (Process)

• Diagnose the car to find out what needs repair, what components are required
  • find the components and install them
  • Repair punctures\Change tires
  • take out parts from the cars and create a collection of spare parts at your safe house

Automobile Upgrading

• Add a machine gun to the sun roof or in the back if its a truck
  • Barricade windows (With car body pieces cut of by welder)
  • Add body Armour to the cars front sides or back (With car body pieces cut off by welder)
  • Add spikes to the front (Made from planks)
  • add spikes to the wheels (With car body pieces cut off by welder)
  • Headlight protectors
  • Attach top 360 degree lights

Upgrading cars would be awesome, it certainly would be possible IRL, also it would make for a nice set of things to do in the game, a nice set of challenges and maybe even a perilous adventure or three.

Although I do not agree with the availability of cars, I think all cars should be driveable if you manage to either hotwire it (older cars and with a skill for it too) or get its keys. I don't like virtual and gamey barriers that stop you from using cars, if the road is blocked then that is natural, also zombies being lured by noise (repairs and operation) of the vehicle and lack of fuel will balance it. Think of it, after the first few weeks almost every car in your vacinity would have been drained of fuel by you or other looters. It needs to be very natural the feel, every noob should think "Ah a car let's go!" and then only afterwards the repercussions should strike, when the car breaks down or you hit a tree and get stunned with the hooter going off. It can add immense playability to the game.

Again just listing my own thoughts and opinions on it, musing what it would add to gameplay.

Upgrading cars would be awesome, it certainly would be possible IRL, also it would make for a nice set of things to do in the game, a nice set of challenges and maybe even a perilous adventure or three.

Although I do not agree with the availability of cars, I think all cars should be driveable if you manage to either hotwire it (older cars and with a skill for it too) or get its keys. I don't like virtual and gamey barriers that stop you from using cars, if the road is blocked then that is natural, also zombies being lured by noise (repairs and operation) of the vehicle and lack of fuel will balance it. Think of it, after the first few weeks almost every car in your vacinity would have been drained of fuel by you or other looters. It needs to be very natural the feel, every noob should think "Ah a car let's go!" and then only afterwards the repercussions should strike, when the car breaks down or you hit a tree and get stunned with the hooter going off. It can add immense playability to the game.

Again just listing my own thoughts and opinions on it, musing what it would add to gameplay.

Mind if i add some of your suggestions to my post,? amazing suggestions, maybe some dev will pick up on it

Don't want to sound like a party pooper. but I think the Dev are not going for this direction.

More so cars being rare and not always that reliable. They've already mentioned NO inventories in the car, and Nothing crazy, I'm assuming stuff like shooting from the sunroof would be a no. 

I've no idea wheter you'll be able to upgrade your car with deadly weapons and sturdier defense. 

They've already mentioned NO inventories in the car, and Nothing crazy,

Source please? I haven't heard of this anywhere. The only official word I know of is that cars will be added. I've never seen anything mentioning how they'll work.

Booner added it, I think its under the common suggestions thread. 

Source please? I haven't heard of this anywhere. The only official word I know of is that cars will be added. I've never seen anything mentioning how they'll work.

Added it where? It's not at least in the commonly suggested suggestion thread (I double checked). I mean, you can't cite a thing as said by the devs if you can't back up your claims. I'm sorry to be a bit harsh, but Booner isn't a dev so citing him doesn't really cut it...

That's how rumors go around and soon someone will be saying that the devs have cancelled NPCs... ;)

Unless you can find the source, I'm going to have to call this one a rumor. I can't see any reason (or find any post) why the devs would have even talked about the specifics of how cars will yet.

Added it where? It's not at least in the commonly suggested suggestion thread (I double checked). I mean, you can't cite a thing as said by the devs if you can't back up your claims. I'm sorry to be a bit harsh, but Booner isn't a dev so citing him doesn't really cut it...

That's how rumors go around and soon someone will be saying that the devs have cancelled NPCs... ;)

Unless you can find the source, I'm going to have to call this one a rumor. I can't see any reason (or find any post) why the devs would have even talked about the specifics of how cars will yet.

Woah! I never said anything about cars not having inventory! I don't know how saying there probably won't be a machine gun mount turned into me citing that there was no inventory. It's not harsh Suomiboi, I'm not a dev, just a guy with ideas who likes to help!

• 5 weeks later...

Pretty much, Glove-boxes aren't just for show too you know... never know when a box of 9mm can come in handy... and some animal crackers.

As for weapons on vehicles, would be nice having a Humvee with a mounted M249 on it... which can overheat for some time, just to hinder it's usefulness, but that probably goes against the suggestions.

I always think of cars and just think of being able to possibly push them so that we could block a road off and delay a group or just have a group make a split second decision.

But now that I think about it more, if that was possible, unless you're really really really unfit, who can't get themselves over a car? 

I'd guess that would be a choice of the two being in, or neither being in since not being able to clamber over a car in some manner (animation or not) wouldn't make much sense. IMO.

So much ideas. :o

And why not adding garage on the map, we can find reparing loot inside or books for skill of reparing inside.

But I like the idea, it's awsome :D

we already got that, even on the vanilla map ;)

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5300374367505917,0.1852380205788631,307.22586151083

btt:

does somebody actually played Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead? If so, this way off vehicles would be awesome

(for those who didnt: every car part, be it the engine or the belt had it own "health" and could be build out, fixed, build into another car etc. etc. so vehicles)

And why not adding garage on the map, we can find reparing loot inside or books for skill of reparing inside.

But I like the idea, it's awsome :D

we already got that, even on the vanilla map ;)

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5300374367505917,0.1852380205788631,307.22586151083

btt:

does somebody actually played Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead? If so, this way off vehicles would be awesome

(for those who didnt: every car part, be it the engine or the belt had it own "health" and could be build out, fixed, build into another car etc. etc. so vehicles)

*ahem*

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5313601170855605,0.18435630778350662,137.37055196745928

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.8157430904487875,0.13702134236081565,237.37631379976963

/*ahem*

EDIT: Dayumn, ninja'd by okeer. <_<

Yes but we can had new stuff inside in relation with the suggestion.