Help With Pillow Multi-Tool Code

vonVile

For some reason the game doesn't recognize this recipe to display in the menu. It only appears when 1 have one of each can. If won't appear when I have 3 of one type or 2 of 1 type and 1 of another. I've looked at the Soup recipes that are designed similar to this this, so it should logically work. Thanx!

recipe Craft Can Filled Pillow Case

{
   PillowCase,
   Dogfood/TinnedBeans/TinnedSoup,

Result:CanFilledPillowCase,
   Time:60.0,

}

I suggest splitting up the recipe and make multiple variations of it, that is how I do it in my mods. It takes longer and shows all of them in Craft Helper, but it makes it easier in the long-run to do them. Each recipe would have each option of can, so that in-game you can mix and match them all you want. :)

Example:

recipe Craft Can Filled Pillow Case{PillowCase,Dogfood,Dogfood,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase,Time:60.0,}recipe Craft Can Filled Pillow Case{PillowCase,Dogfood,TinnedBeans,TinnedBeans,Result:CanFilledPillowCase,Time:60.0,}recipe Craft Can Filled Pillow Case{PillowCase,Dogfood,Dogfood,TinnedSoup,Result:CanFilledPillowCase,Time:60.0,}
Edited by kinyoshi

Thanx, for the suggestions.

What I decided to do was restore the v1.0 code with separate recipes for each can and added one using one of each can. There is no way to go straight from Pillow to Can Filled Pillow Case because of the 4 item line limit. You can all grab v1.2 with the link in my sig.

What I decided to do was restore the v1.0 code with separate recipes for each can and added one using one of each can. There is no way to go straight from Pillow to Can Filled Pillow Case because of the 4 item line limit. You can all grab v1.2 with the link in my sig.

I know a way you can do that.

Edit:posted before I could explain :P.

So you would need to do what I did with my pickling recipes and have some interim dummy items you make until the final. Each interim dummy item would still be a weapon but with specs that match how many cans are in the pillowcase.

So you would do something like this: (Made it a fillable One to Ten can weapons, just to show how far you could go with it)

recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{PillowCase,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase1,Time:10.0,}recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{destroy CanFilledPillowCase1,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase2,Time:10.0,}recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{destroy CanFilledPillowCase2,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase3,Time:10.0,}recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{destroy CanFilledPillowCase3,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase4,Time:10.0,}recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{destroy CanFilledPillowCase4,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase5,Time:10.0,}recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{destroy CanFilledPillowCase5,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase6,Time:10.0,}recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{destroy CanFilledPillowCase6,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase7,Time:10.0,}recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{destroy CanFilledPillowCase7,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase8,Time:10.0,}recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{destroy CanFilledPillowCase8,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase9,Time:10.0,}recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{destroy CanFilledPillowCase9,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase10,Time:10.0,}

Edited by RoboMat
Added Spoiler-Tags.

can't you do something like

recipe somerecipe{Pillowcase,dogfood/something/something=3,Result:CanFilledPillowCase,Time:60.0,
?

or is the =3 only possible for results? (or possible has the same result as just placing 3 times dogfood/../..?)

:) just a tought, not yet tried myself.

recipe somerecipe{Pillowcase,dogfood/something/something=3,Result:CanFilledPillowCase,Time:60.0,
?

or is the =3 only possible for results? (or possible has the same result as just placing 3 times dogfood/../..?)

That code means you need either 1 dog food, 1 something, or 3 of something else to make it.

I haven't tried it this way:

_ _ _

recipe Make Can Filled Pillow Case

{

PillowCase,

Dogfood=3/TinnedBeans=3/TinnedSoup=3,

}

_ _ _

I don't know why I didn't think of that before. I'll see if it works. If it does I can then restore the Pillow to Can Filled Pillow Case code.

I know a way you can do that.

Edit:posted before I could explain :P.

So you would need to do what I did with my pickling recipes and have some interim dummy items you make until the final. Each interim dummy item would still be a weapon but with specs that match how many cans are in the pillowcase.

So you would do something like this: (Made it a fillable One to Ten can weapons, just to show how far you could go with it)

recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{PillowCase,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase1,Time:10.0,}recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{destroy CanFilledPillowCase1,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase2,Time:10.0,}recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{destroy CanFilledPillowCase2,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase3,Time:10.0,}recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{destroy CanFilledPillowCase3,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase4,Time:10.0,}recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{destroy CanFilledPillowCase4,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase5,Time:10.0,}recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{destroy CanFilledPillowCase5,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase6,Time:10.0,}recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{destroy CanFilledPillowCase6,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase7,Time:10.0,}recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{destroy CanFilledPillowCase7,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase8,Time:10.0,}recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{destroy CanFilledPillowCase8,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase9,Time:10.0,}recipe Put a Can in Pillowcase{destroy CanFilledPillowCase9,Dogfood,Result:CanFilledPillowCase10,Time:10.0,}

That's way overly complicated. One of the things I always set out to do is keep the script as tight as possible with having the least amount of code as possible. This code could actually be cut down to 4 recipes instead of 10.

?

That code means you need either 1 dog food, 1 something, or 3 of something else to make it.

I haven't tried it this way:

_ _ _

recipe Make Can Filled Pillow Case

{

PillowCase,

Dogfood=3/TinnedBeans=3/TinnedSoup=3,

}

_ _ _

I don't know why I didn't think of that before. I'll see if it works. If it does I can then restore the Pillow to Can Filled Pillow Case code.

Okay, I tired this code and it doesn't work. The script language isn't designs to register number amounts when listing multiple items on a recipe line. Hopefully, this will be fixed in the future.

7Roses I'll try it your way. Though it does seem an odd way to list it.

*edit*

7Rose your code doesn't work either because I was right on how the script is read. It reads it as you needing either 1 item, 1 of another item or 3 of another item, not 3 of each item. So it looks like the way I originally had it is the best solution.