Being able to shoot from higher floors

Eblanc

Shooting down to street level from higher floors.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the many strategies I've used, is rush with a buddy to a 2nd story building and barricade the door leading to the ladder. Sometimes there is a LOT of hordes waiting for me outside. It's kind of frustrating being able to see some of them but not being able to shoot.

So what if, When standing next to a window, if you shoot it shoots on the first floor. 

This would work very well once, hunting rifles come out, you just sit on your safehouse, and if you see a zed. just Shoot. 

I would also like to implement the idea of being able to peek and look down windows. Because sometimes that's where i'm jumping down to, and sometimes there's just zombies waiting for me there.

Commonly Suggested Idea - Yet still a good one

Of course, there should be a height limit of shooting down, as aiming from the roof of a building does get a bit messy.

What do you mean commonly suggested idea...? Where?

and what do you mean heigh limit and roof aiming gets messy.....? are you translating wrong..? Are you trying to say... difficult?

if that's so then you're missing the point. you can only see a few zombies from a 2nd or higher floor. so that already is solved.

Of course, there should be a height limit of shooting down, as aiming from the roof of a building does get a bit messy.

and what do you mean heigh limit and roof aiming gets messy.....? are you translating wrong..? Are you trying to say... difficult?

if that's so then you're missing the point. you can only see a few zombies from a 2nd or higher floor. so that already is solved.

Believe it or not i've seen this suggested upwards of 11 times. This would be the 12. However I've also been following the fourm for this game for some odd years.

And a height limit is a limit you hit where you can stop shooting down. I don't translate.

Believe it or not i've seen this suggested upwards of 11 times. This would be the 12. However I've also been following the fourm for this game for some odd years.

And a height limit is a limit you hit where you can stop shooting down. I don't translate.

I did a search before posting and I couldn't find any related posts.

I really thought you were, I don't understand how aiming from a 2nd or higher floor is Messy

I really thought you were, I don't understand how aiming from a 2nd or higher floor is Messy

The fourm has reset since the past, and suggestions of better shooting physics, like this, were common.

Messy means that it would be difficult to find a way to incorportate this into the game at higher levels where you can't physicaly see the ground/at night.

• 1 year later...

I have had gun fights with people on two elevations, like from the wall surrounding someone's base, you have no idea what you are shooting at because it is usually a name plate but you don't stop spamming that pistol gunfire.

I suspect if people knew the truth there would be a lot more sniper towers beside the highway, I don't know if bullets can pass by trees however.

it has been suggested at least 2-3 times for a fact. i have seen it on posts but they had odd titles or where in a cluster of suggestions.