What was your lamest death?

Johnny

So then... I read a post about someone dying over sheet rope issues and he was doing quite well. But I was wondering, whats your lamest death?!

Mine was when I had survived the longest at the time (7 Days... Total expert) and a helicopter flew by. Hordes gathered around my house and breached me. I had to gather my items (Just my baseball bat (I put Baseball Axe there before :3 ), some chips and SODA!!!) and just ran... Ran.... Ran.... I went house by house, but they were full. My only chance then was to go inside a "FOR SALE" House with no door. Guess what happened. Le Alarm. I ran outside with the company of billions of zombies, waiting to eat my flesh. I was stupid enough to run inside a few trees, and when I got out to the clump of trees... Like they were waiting. And I died :D

Now then... Your story?

Glitches.

The lamest deaths have all been caused by glitches.

Glitchy sheet ropes - All kinds of weird and unusual glitches.

Falling through ethereal roofs - Some roofs aren't even solid.

Destroying floors right under my own feet - Why give you the option to destroy them and make you stand direct on top?

Dying for no reason at all - Yep.

Glitches.

Destroying floors right under my own feet - Why give you the option to destroy them and make you stand direct on top?

The game is far from finished yet, these kinds of bugs are to be expected.

Glitches.

Some of these happens in reallife too ;) : Darwin Awards

You don't want to make a quick (or idiotic) escape? :(

That broken bones moodle doesn't actually mean what it pretends to mean -- you can quite literally walk away and heal from a 1-2 story drop in the game, assuming you're not rockin' that heavy load perk.

I survived for over 5 months, was farming master, a cooking and carpentry expert. Everything was great, I had my blunt up to expert and swatting zombies down as fast as "Michonne". I was building a second story on a structure and I thought I was creating a floor next to the one I was on but evidently not. My character walked off the second story roof to the second story floor. I thought maybe I could survive and then mis-clicked and fell on through the first floor where I build the first floor stairs. I died about 10 seconds later. I cried a little and then started a new character.

I opened a window and climbed inside. I ended up getting stuck in a counter, so I just waited until I died. :/

btw, @GameBoy357 I'm pretty sure it's spelled "Michonne"

For the record, turning and facing the window and then holding the "e" (interact) key will get you to climb back through even if you're 'sruck'.

Glitches.

... Yes, and that's why they are the lamest deaths.

Glitches.

You mean the most understandable and to be expected deaths? No, the lamest ones are when I let myself down making a bad play. There's nothing lame about an alpha being an alpha.

Glitches.

You mean the most understandable and to be expected deaths? No, the lamest ones are when I let myself down making a bad play. There's nothing lame about an alpha being an alpha.

Those might be the lamest for you but for me it's the glitches.

I rarely let myself down when it comes to gameplay. To me, the lamest deaths are the ones I cannot control.

Sure, the game is in Alpha but that doesn't make the glitch related deaths not lame.

You can control these, though: Don't walk on roofs,  don't use sheet  ropes unless you're sure of them (or, better, from a height that'll kill you if you're caught without Magic Food), don't destroy the things that supprt you, and figure out  what may have killed you (it's very rare that it's nothing, but it does happen . . . somehow).

Mind, the first one you couldn't know about -- it's not wildly publicized that you can't walk on the roof, as most people don't seem to try it (yet).

I guess mine was an Ethereal Roof death.  Fourteen days.  Slowly cleared the four or five city blocks between my base and Giga Mart.  Cleared Giga Mart, found tons of shotguns and ammo and nails and planks and all of the other stuff that seems almost TOO rare in this game (I've never fully barricaded a base just because planks are so hard to come by)*.  Then I found some stairs leading up and a window that looked like it led out onto a second floor.  I busted the window and fell straight through back onto the bottom floor of Giga Mart, receiving "lethal damage".  I managed to shove the lion's share of the loot onto a shelf before I died.  Maybe my next character can find it.  

*I know you can just beat down doors with a bat, but it's a tedious, tedious chore.  You've got to hit a door 30-some times with a bat before it breaks and I have better things to do with my time.  Has no one heard of hinge pins?  Also, I've found a couple of sledgehammers, but one swing over-exerts you and leaves you unable to swing again, so I have no idea if it's even possible to bash down a door with a sledgehammer.  Strangely enough, you can remove a wall without swinging, giving you access to a house, but leaving no wood.  Weird.

**Placing this here because I know it's off-topic for the thread, but I agree that an ax is fantastic for getting planks.  Unfortunately, I played the game with six or seven characters in the same world for over 24 hours before I ever saw an ax.

Grimbot it's much more efficient to get wood by chopping down trees with an axe and then sawing them into planks with a saw. If you're too lazy to chop down trees, I believe you can find stacks of logs at the lumber company.

But in general, fortifying is indeed meant to be a long project.

Best to use an axe -- 2 planks of wood for eery door and only 3 swings.

But Drake is right -- getting 2-3 logs per tree, that can themselves be crafted into about 3 planks with a saw is more efficient (in some ways). None of it is fast, however. With Build 26, there's also a "chop tree" menu option for right click that will do this automagically.

Lamest death: I got a cold and then a fever, and I managed to eat enough to save myself.

After a few minutes a friend and I were in the middle of rping and I died at random

You can control these, though

Lamest death: I got a cold and then a fever, and I managed to eat enough to save myself.

After a few minutes a friend and I were in the middle of rping and I died at random.

You can control these, though

So, you're saying you died from a cold a cold (after being out in the rain), Rik? If so, that could certainly be a bug. Perhaps it's accidentally setting the fake infection symptoms to real. On the plus, this gives us something to test now that we know.

I just went through 3 deaths in a row in a server. Started in 3 different locations and was surrounded by zombies in all 3 spawn locations haha. Got bit each time and eventually died. The zombies were actually in the spawn locations as in i started up and was attacked before getting to move lol.

You can backup your character. Do it if you really care. 

I am a very careful player, never have i ever died from jumping off roofs, falling off unsecured windows or falling through floors. 

I have however died of glitches. I'm playing my Laptop shuts off, when i log in back again my game doesnt load.

i also have died experimenting. i thought stairs could keep zombies away, i built a 3 set stair destroyed both the first and second step so that no zombie could climb it, but it turns out i could climb it still from floor to 3rd step of stairs, i feel once, hurt myself. then i went to destroy the stairs from the bottom, but the guy climbed onto the stairs and i died by fall.