Rate my Animation/ Animation Hole?

So, while bored, without internet (modem was off :huh: ) i made this animation! :3

So, not only rate my animation, but you can post your own and ask questions! :D

Please be honest, i am looking for some real feedback here.

zN0553I.gif

Yes, i know the hostage doesn't do much, but i mean.. You are tied up. There isnt any idle animation... Well, atleast none i can think off.

I try to stay off blood as those effects tend to screw up everything, confuse me, wretch the animation, etc. Also, it looks even cooler!

(Bonus points if you recognize the animation program)

(there are no points)

(this isnt a game)

(if you are so bored to read all these things down here, you should probably get a life. You can get one by replying!)

Caveat first: I'm not skilled at animation by a loooong way - I'm more a "jack of all trades, master of none" kinda guy.

That said, my observation (for what it's worth) would be this...

It's definitely a great start, but there are two things missing - first is you are lacking clearly defined "lines of action" which are probably the single most important thing in any animation. Secondly, your animation is too localised - throwing a knife or swinging a blade are full body actions, not arm actions. It's probably the single most common "mistake" in animation.

Nobody, nobody, with even a modicum of interest in animation should be without these two books:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Animators-Survival-Kit-Richard-Williams/dp/0571238343/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1398944971&sr=1-2&keywords=animation

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Animation-1-HT26-How-Draw/dp/0929261518/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1398944971&sr=1-10&keywords=animation

Seriously, buy them and study the hell out of them :)

[REDACTED]

This reads like it's meant to be a justification, thus making people less likely to get mad about you [REDACTED] things, but I don't see how it'd have the intended effect. It just makes it worse. Also, how are Minecraft and DayZ not indie games?

One can usually find lots of decent free tutorials by using google. That of course requires you to learn the art-of-googling (didn't write sun zi a book about that?).

Anyways, like the Captain already said, it suffers from the most common animation problems. I'm also really offended by the clipping issues.

(First rating in a rating thread?)

1/5 - Won't watch again ;)

One can usually find lots of decent free tutorials by using google. That of course requires you to learn the art-of-googling (didn't write sun zi a book about that?).

Anyways, like the Captain already said, it suffers from the most common animation problems. I'm also really offended by the clipping issues.

(First rating in a rating thread?)

1/5 - Won't watch again ;)

Don't let him kid you, he has to scroll up after reading this, unless it was so bad that he will close out of the browser and open up a new one to avoid watching it again. haha

As I have no experience with animation, it looks good to me (but obviously the people above me know more so listen to them). What bothered me is that the guy that appears to be tied up reacts right along with the time the knife inpacts the other guy. I think the tied up guy should have a delayed reaction, but maybe you meant to do it on purpose. I loved stick figure deaths as a kid and loved this one also! ;-);)

Archived