Lifeless - another zombie survival game

zombo

http://lifelessgame.com/

Lifeless is a multiplayer FPS zombie survival game. In Lifeless, you have to do whatever’s necessary to survive in a vast and dangerous world, filled with challenging and intelligent zombies. Working with other players is a smart choice, though attacking other players has its place as well.

Lifeless offers an experience that no other zombie survival game has yet to offer. If you want to stay alive, you’ll need to think on your toes and make intelligent decisions; decisions which affect not just you, but everyone around you, players and NPCs.

Lifeless offers an experience that no other zombie survival game has yet to offer

Hmm, interesting quote on their website.  :-|

I saw their trailer, seems nice. I just wonder how many zombies they are going to bring without destroying FPS. 

Lifeless is a multiplayer FPS zombie survival game. In Lifeless, you have to do whatever’s necessary to survive in a vast and dangerous world, filled with challenging and intelligent zombies. Working with other players is a smart choice, though attacking other players has its place as well.

Lifeless offers an experience that no other zombie survival game has yet to offer. If you want to stay alive, you’ll need to think on your toes and make intelligent decisions; decisions which affect not just you, but everyone around you, players and NPCs.

Right... I'd like to see how true that statement is. ._.

This game seems to be another WarZ type thing. Hopefully it'll die off as well, it looks crappy as hell.

There was a point where the zombie fad needed to stop, but it has passed it long ago. I want to leave this wild ride.

You have the choice of not consuming zombie-related media you don't like, and are thus free to leave said ride when you want to.

I really don't see anything new or unique from the trailer on.

Its the same generic zombie setting

Same generic quests system where you walk up to the guy he says "Ey b0ss can I habe 500 zombie skulls pls?" and your guy responds "500 zombie heads in a dense urban area... And I get a waterbottle for that?" -"Da's right b0ss" and you respond "Fuck ye cya in 4 days" and you go and risk your life for something completely out of value anyway

Same generic & boring looting system where you walk up to a glowing object and drop your backpack, open it, pick it up, put it inside, close your backpack and put it back on your back in 0.0000001 nanoseconds because that's normal.

Same generic & boring combat system, guy swings weapon zombie plays knockback animation, since nowadays survivors are just too downright stupid to just ram the sharp weapon they possess into a zombies head like they / normal people with a fucking IQ of over 5 always do in the walking dead & co.

Same generic & boring promises of a so hard and unique gameplay people will team up with you and kill zombies with you /AAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH OH GOD FUCK WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SHOW THAT WHEN I WAS DRINKING, MY MONITOR BAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA/ which just ends up in the same good old pvp chaos of "Hey dude watch that guy 50 zombies following him wanna shoot him" -"Fuck yeah, its not like hes a human that could be any worth or good to team up with against the 3 hit kill zombies, and its not like this will probably just be the same old server hopping system of DayZ & co where you can willingly jump out of an US into an AU server in no time instead of being bound to this server so you can actually create a fucking base and clan and have some actual realistic zombie survival experience" - Boom headshot +5 cooking skills added you learnt how to properly peel an apple.

However, that's just a really quick cynical review of the trailer and the 2 paragraphs on the main page, haven't bothered to read the news or forum posts yet since I'm kinda sure this is just gone be WarZ all over again.

Also, on a quick sidenote, when the chor kicked in in the trailer I fucking lost my shit.

Don't know what the fetish for devs is to put medieval battle music into zombie game trailers but they sure as hell make the apocalypse situation brighter and funnier if you ask me.

Well, that's it for this month guys! I'm going back to my Aard cave where i will spend my next month staring at your family.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a point where the zombie fad needed to stop, but it has passed it long ago. I want to leave this wild ride.

Lol, the 'zombie' has been an integral part of european culture since time immemorial, even the ancient Suebi tribes of central Germania had a version of zombie called a "wiedergänger, and that was like 200BC. So don't hold your breath for the end of the fad. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, the 'zombie' has been an integral part of european culture since time immemorial, even the ancient Suebi tribes of central Germania had a version of zombie called a "wiedergänger, and that was like 200BC. So don't hold your breath for the end of the fad. :P

Yes, but did they have Project Zomboid? I thought so, we just beat them by like a million and a half.

Despite of not be a new idea, the npc guards are an improvement to this game style, seems it advances in ant steps.

The problem is that devs of the other games resist to much in implement features requested by their players, a extreme case is WarZ, they have one cool plataform, imo, but they screw it up more and more by pure stubbornness. 

Or by greed, incompetence, or both, not sure.

7 days has alot content of crafting, the problem is that is too laggy for the graphical quality it has.

Nether has an new vertical combat style, it is in the urban area so has many buildings with little bridges betwen them, also has an very weak craft system, but atleast has.

• 2 weeks later...

The demo lost me when it showed zombie fighting.

Exactly. 

I just don't get how they believe they are any original and different from the other zombie games.

I mean, about 50% of the game is fighting zombies, so why the hell do they implement old "swinganimation, connect, knockback animatIons" shit that you'd expect from a badly made nintendo 64 ga-... actually now when I think about it even badly made nintendo 64 games had better combat than this shit.

If they don't even bother to give us a realistic fighting experience in a game thats based solely upon scavenging and fighting, then why should I bother to buy, let alone look at it? Why should they bother to create it at all? The knockback swing shit is just gonna get boring after 10 zombie kills (together with the fact they dont even have gore or simple wound textures to make it atleast a BIT better, by that), and then at that same time the whole game (or a giant part of it) will get boring to death and just much of a "no thanks, im done with it" product after 10 minutes of watching a gameplay. That combat system is the reason i lost all my hope in Warz, a combat action game.

Look at the last of us, or the forest. These games fucking nailed the combat. In these games when im in a fight, I actually FEEL like im in a fight. I immerse myself to it. Whats more boring in a combat game, ramming a machete into someones body, and then kicking them off to slide that machete out of the flesh when they are kneeling, and see them die with a bloody flesh wound on that rammed place, or swinging the machete and seeing someone turn his head by 20 degrees east without even a single bruise? 

Definitely not gonna buy this unless they fix that shit. Sorry if I sound too cynical or mean, but 2013 and 2014 are the years of major fucking letdowns and hypetrain mass crashes to me. Project Zomboid, Neo Scavenger, The Stomping Lands, The Forest and The last of us. Those are the only realistic and enjoyable games in the post apocalyptic, survival and combat genres, Smh.