FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.16

RobertJohnson

I have run into a problem, I run the game (after updating the lwjgl thingy) but when the menu loads I can't click on any of the options, I would paste an error log but it doesn't crash or even let me close the game (I have to kill it in the terminal).

Download used: Linux AMD64 (tar.gz)

Can you try unzipping this over the build?

http://www.theindiestone.com/patch/ExtractToPZfolder.zip

Just tried it and got this in the terminal;

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem: 	at zombie.core.Core.getInstance(Core.java:191)	at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:787)	at zombie.core.LaunchDialog.main(LaunchDialog.java:208)

Mmkay, I'm not sure why, but on OS X, even though the F1-12 buttons are enabled, F11 just doesn't do what it should, so I tried rebinding the LUA Debugger to P and kept pressing it, but apparently no windows appeared. What exactly should happen?

The game started fine though, ran into no problems except for the debugger during this 30 seconds of standing still. :P

Mmkay, I'm not sure why, but on OS X, even though the F1-12 buttons are enabled, F11 just doesn't do what it should, so I tried rebinding the LUA Debugger to P and kept pressing it, but apparently no windows appeared. What exactly should happen?

The game started fine though, ran into no problems except for the debugger during this 30 seconds of standing still. :P

Open your PZ.app and look for a file called "Info.plist" then search for this line:

<string>-noverify -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:Tier2CompileThreshold=70000 -XX:CompileThreshold=1500  -Xms64m -Xmx512m -XX:+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -XX:GCTimeRatio=50 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=20</string>

and add "-Ddebug" to it (of course before the last </string> tag).

Have fun with the debugger.

I have run into a problem, I run the game (after updating the lwjgl thingy) but when the menu loads I can't click on any of the options, I would paste an error log but it doesn't crash or even let me close the game (I have to kill it in the terminal).

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem: 	at zombie.core.Core.getInstance(Core.java:191)	at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:787)	at zombie.core.LaunchDialog.main(LaunchDialog.java:208)

bah, hold on 2 mins. Cocked it up.

http://www.theindiestone.com/patch/Take2.zip

http://www.theindiestone.com/patch/Take2.zip

It worked!! You are a legend good sir!!!!  (tophat)

The invisible walls........

Still exist. Shit.

Knock yourselves out! Bear in mind there may be new bugs, please back up your saves, and apparently yes, the fkin invisible wall bug is still popping up. What a dick. :( Still, lots of lovely stuff to play with!

;)

Me again :) I noticed this error popping up in my terminal when I launch the game,

23-Aug-2013 03:27:27 zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLuaSEVERE: null23-Aug-2013 03:27:27 zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLuaSEVERE: nulljava.io.IOException: Bad file descriptor	at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method)	at java.io.FileInputStream.read(FileInputStream.java:236)	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.readBytes(StreamDecoder.java:282)	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.implRead(StreamDecoder.java:324)	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:176)	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read0(StreamDecoder.java:125)	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:111)	at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:168)	at se.krka.kahlua.luaj.compiler.LuaCompiler.loadis(LuaCompiler.java:132)	at se.krka.kahlua.luaj.compiler.LuaCompiler.loadis(LuaCompiler.java:124)	at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:1790)	at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:1765)	at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:423)	at zombie.GameWindow.init(GameWindow.java:1369)	at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:874)	at zombie.core.LaunchDialog.main(LaunchDialog.java:208)

Also I'm having a problem where some of the context menus aren't responding, mainly noticed this at a sink or two. I could bring up the menu but not select the option to fill a bottle of drink, exiting and reloading the save seemed to fix this.

Good update :D Survived for almost 7 days now. Got a garden, sheetropes, axes, almost fully barricaded warehouse, and stuff :D. It's a lot less tense since the zombie density has been balanced. The only bugs I see is that when I press ESC to cancel the item I want to build, it pauses the game when it's not suppose to. And I can climb sheet ropes through walls.

Edit: The rain barrels don't seem to fill up containers and you can't drink out of them. The options are there but nothing happens.

I'm also finding this with sinks too. 

Linux amd64 crashing with error:

Xlib: sequence lost (0x10200 > 0x2f6) in reply type 0x90!

[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing

[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called

[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.

java: ../../src/xcb_io.c:179: dequeue_pending_request: Assertiva `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' falhou.

./projectzomboid.sh: line 27: 29840 Abortado                XMODIFIERS= java -Djava.library.path="${INSTDIR}" -Dorg.lwjgl.util.NoChecks=true -Dorg.lwjgl.librarypath="${INSTDIR}" -Xms768m -Xmx768m -XX:-UseSplitVerifier -cp "${JARPATH}" zombie.core.LaunchDialog "$@" > "${LOGFILE}"

Linux amd64 crashing with error:

Xlib: sequence lost (0x10200 > 0x2f6) in reply type 0x90!

[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing

[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called

[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.

java: ../../src/xcb_io.c:179: dequeue_pending_request: Assertiva `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' falhou.

./projectzomboid.sh: line 27: 29840 Abortado                XMODIFIERS= java -Djava.library.path="${INSTDIR}" -Dorg.lwjgl.util.NoChecks=true -Dorg.lwjgl.librarypath="${INSTDIR}" -Xms768m -Xmx768m -XX:-UseSplitVerifier -cp "${JARPATH}" zombie.core.LaunchDialog "$@" > "${LOGFILE}"

I get the same error.

I thought it said,  "rain now waters your pants".

I was thinking,  "so now we can pee our pants?"

You know I was working on a mod and for two hours was trying to fix the problem of me getting wet from using the sink... It was part of the game and I was just stupid :D.

When trying to put two sledgehammers into an container:

-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: canPutIn -- file: ISInventoryPane.lua line # 696function: onMouseUp -- file: ISInventoryPane.lua line # 592__lt not defined for operand