FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.16

RobertJohnson

i got a bit excited when the devs annouced they'd stop releasing constant mini forum updates and would really start focusing..

now there's a new constant stream of updates. i'm just wondering if you guys are actually that close to build release to be doing that sort of thing...

Not sure what you refer to.

The "new release method"?

That was planned for after RC3 which is now release 3.0

Damn, there won't be frequent updates after 3.0? :(

There will be. I am not sure what FoodStuffs is really referring to.

I assumed it's this and he just misunderstood something:

http://www.theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php%3Ff=20&t=11334.html

I'm not sure if that's how they're working on it already or if they went for a mix. 

We are working with this method already...

Chris is on NPC's on his build and I'm on this one.

If we weren't using that, you won't have any release for a while, mainly because we have to broke a lot of things to add NPCs :)

Then we should add falling trees in the woods attracting zombies as well!

awesome idea, it makes carpentry a skill yull get only when you have friends (but i think the AI are disabled for the latest build) which is how it should be, also i really think fortifying your house should attract zombies cause of the hammering as well

no farming bug fix ? because my plants still teleport always

Yeah sorry, it's fixed (again... Hope everything will be good then..), basically I make the save directly in java IN the gridSquare, it'll be usefull for modders, and should avoid all this kind of problem..

Cheers ! :)

no farming bug fix ? because my plants still teleport always

Yeah sorry, it's fixed (again... Hope everything will be good then..), basically I make the save directly in java IN the gridSquare, it'll be usefull for modders, and should avoid all this kind of problem..

Cheers ! :)

Cool.

Tanks for the info. :D

• No more "exploding" zombie when entering a new house.

Does this mean, no more crawlers spawning indoors or spawning differently?

No, when you enter a house, we can spawn random zombie, dead one, crawler (aka fake dead), and classic zombie.

When it was a dead one, we spawned it, then hit him to death, to generate blood and stuff, the problem was the giblet were jumping everywhere + the splat sound, which make it really weird.

Now it's good ! :D

We are working with this method already...

Chris is on NPC's on his build and I'm on this one.

If we weren't using that, you won't have any release for a while, mainly because we have to broke a lot of things to add NPCs :)

Thought so. Just meant that it was initially planned to be after RC3. Just didn't know how exactly you're already working with it since it suggested pretty fix builds with some bugfixes.

Bug report: I didnt find where to put this so il put it here feel free to move this to the correct topic.

Im playing the 2.9.9.14 version and the problem is that it rains through the roof of the big warehouse with a roof 2 walls high, this promlem only occurs out where the boxes are. could have been coded so that the floor you're on got to have a roof instead of also counting in the sec floor roof.

LoL - Rafflarn

Edit: Also, the bag disappers if you try to put it in the bag itself :(

No, when you enter a house, we can spawn random zombie, dead one, crawler (aka fake dead), and classic zombie.

When it was a dead one, we spawned it, then hit him to death, to generate blood and stuff, the problem was the giblet were jumping everywhere + the splat sound, which make it really weird.

Nice :)

I assumed the "dead ones" as you put it were actually inactive crawlers. Some of them need to be "killed" again before they can be looted, I could go back through the posts & find other people saying the same thing but.... I'm lazy at the moment ;). Is this a glitch in the "dead ones"? Or is there a chance the crawlers wont "pounce" when first approached? (if that isn't the case, it might be a good way to make people jump)

Nice :)

I assumed the "dead ones" as you put it were actually inactive crawlers. Some of them need to be "killed" again before they can be looted, I could go back through the posts & find other people saying the same thing but.... I'm lazy at the moment ;). Is this a glitch in the "dead ones"? Or is there a chance the crawlers wont "pounce" when first approached? (if that isn't the case, it might be a good way to make people jump)

Yeah, they won't try to grab you every time you walk near them, it's a bit random :)

More surprise effect, the first time you walk near it, everything ok... Next time you don't pay attention and BAM :D

• You now need to equip a bag to put things in it or get weight reduction, on your back or in one of your hand.

The weight reduction thingy is ok, but i don't like the idea that i have to equip my bag just to store or get items from it.

Too many steps to do something very simple...

The time it takes you to move stuff is enough to "balance" this, and on top of that you have to stand still to move your stuff.

I don't need a ton of baby-steps in my invetory-management.

I would add animations (max 2s each) where the player puts his bag down and picks it back up when he uses it.

You would stay like that while you have a bag selected from your "bag-list".

Its basicly your idea, but it automates the extra step of equipping/unequipping the bags.

please easy finding painkillers etc.

prev. version i can not finding painkillers antidepressants..

They're already in bathroom cabinets, its just that there is a mislabel in the loot table & bathroom cabinets are spawning generic items instead of bathroom items.... So in 2.9.9.16 it should be easier to stock up on medical supplies

Yeah, they won't try to grab you every time you walk near them, it's a bit random :)

More surprise effect, the first time you walk near it, everything ok... Next time you don't pay attention and BAM :D

How about if there is a chance the "fake dead" Zeds become crawlers on loot? Kind of like in Return of the Living Dead 3 when the scientist gets bitten coz he puts his hand in the mouth of a corpse.... That should scare a few people too.... Your busy looking at the loot inventory then BAM! crawler snapping at your ankles :D