FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.16

RobertJohnson

The high zombies/horde density should be fixed for the .16 version :) should be much better ! I'm still testing and balancing the whole stuff :)

I respectfully tip my hat to you sir. And I sit here, outwardly apparantly calm and composed, emanating what seems to me to be the appropriate amount of nonchalance and "Could not care less"ishness. (I might break a sound barrier and some other local ordinances when you put it online though.)

The high zombies/horde density should be fixed for the .16 version :) should be much better ! I'm still testing and balancing the whole stuff :)

I respectfully tip my hat to you sir. And I sit here, outwardly apparantly calm and composed, emanating what seems to me to be the appropriate amount of nonchalance and "Could not care less"ishness. (I might break a sound barrier and some other local ordinances when you put it online though.)

Oh dear, we got another EnigmaGrey... (no offense bud :D)

Lol he called a flashlight a torch ^.^ I love it

That's the name of the item in the item.txt.... :(

Well I know a few British people who call them torches instead of flashlights lol I don't think your British are you? But to the point, I enjoy it for some reason lol calling it torches somehow brings me happiness haha

While the absurd amount of Zombies is not reduced, the game remains with "no fun" aspect. I really love difficulty, but have a line in between fun / difficulty.

At least I stopped playing for now. Also, I really hope this is fixed in this update.

The accretion of zombies in the game world should be gradual,

little by little, day by day.

Following this way the fun back.

Oooh come on!

In the .15 verison you can easly survive over the month.. THEN the game begin to be a LOT, and I mean A LOT, more harder.

[bug Fix]

• Torch now works properly.
  • Rain now water your plant.
  • Rain collector barrel doesn't share the same amount of water (you can now build multiple rain collector barrel).

Wooooo! I will be able to grow a bunch of crops AND run around in the dark! (clyde)

Excellent! Im getting so excited. I found it playable in Sandbox if I changed to low zombie count. Although it made me feel like a wuss...

Play with whatever setting makes it fun for you. After getting some experience, standard survival won't seem so hard.

You just need to do run, hide and sneak more in zombie-packed areas.

Hello!

Any news for the invisible wall? It's bad for my nervs to restart every time I want to pass a self builded door or window.

Thanks!

i got a bit excited when the devs annouced they'd stop releasing constant mini forum updates and would really start focusing..

now there's a new constant stream of updates. i'm just wondering if you guys are actually that close to build release to be doing that sort of thing...

i got a bit excited when the devs annouced they'd stop releasing constant mini forum updates and would really start focusing..

now there's a new constant stream of updates. i'm just wondering if you guys are actually that close to build release to be doing that sort of thing...

Not sure what you refer to.

The "new release method"?

That was planned for after RC3 which is now release 3.0

Damn, there won't be frequent updates after 3.0? :(

Damn, there won't be frequent updates after 3.0? :(

There will be. I am not sure what FoodStuffs is really referring to.

I assumed it's this and he just misunderstood something:

http://www.theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php%3Ff=20&t=11334.html

I'm not sure if that's how they're working on it already or if they went for a mix. 

I assumed it's this and he just misunderstood something:

http://www.theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php%3Ff=20&t=11334.html

I'm not sure if that's how they're working on it already or if they went for a mix. 

Well, the post starts with:

So once the next version finally goes live, with it will come a more solid, reliable release system that will enable us to release stable builds every week. Some people seem to think this is hot air, so I'll explain exactly why this is the case.

I think they went for a mix, which, in my opinion is perfectly fine. We can see the upcoming release threads with the changelog, the community can report annoying bugs and they are fixed relatively quickly.

BUG 1: So i dont know where to post bugs since this is the first time ive done a test release, But in the .15 forum test release, the zombies run or crawl in place a ton. They will start running towards me, or crawl after me, but they wont actually move, only play the animation. Also, noticed it tends to occur more when it rains.

Bug 2: There is no longer really a cone for your vision at night making it very difficult to see, was basically entirely black (dont know if this is intended since you fixed flashlight and before it was completely useless due to seeing at night was fairly easy)

Old Bug: There is still the sliver of light on pictures/paintings

If you tell me where to post ill try to get some screenshots of them

And also, is there any idea of when the 360 controller support will be done along with coop bug fixes (just remember seeing it was supposed to be worked on soon and was jsut curious for a rough estimate)

im done playing PZ on my own settings and the zombies were EASY (i made them sooooo stupid to compensate for the numbers) so then i played last stand and it was quite fun the default zombies arent that much more difficult from the zombies i made (only dif is they hunt you down while my stupid slow zombies will only attack you when your near) btw in zombie lore when one zombie sees you he moans and chases after you...well shambles after you but still then because of his moaning it will attract more zombies toward him and those zombies moan as well attracting more toward them in turn toward the original guy who saw you in turn toward you kinda like a bounce effect, so instead of making melee weapons insanely noisy i suggest just adding this to the zombie AI, btw the guns are kinda silent ish a pistol shot should attract zombies at least a kilometer because of the sound "bouncing" from zombie to zombie