FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.16

RobertJohnson

Any progress on the flashlight bug?

I'm balancing it right now buddy :)

will this update inclute the food bug fix? a little hard when you cant cock any food^^

You can cook (and not cock... Please... Edit... :D remind me on a stream writing "shit" instead of "sheet" :P), it's just buggy sometimes, i'll look into it :)

You two are not on the forum releases are you? :)

The zed count there is a bit ridiculous. There's hordes everywhere. You can't navigate the map without having to run through groups, there's simply no option of going around them because they're everywhere. It's like being in a comicon convention, only without the costume diversity.

I'm new on the forum, as you can see (fedora) , but so far, I can get rid of them simply using the houses or the trees (switching run and walk) and then go on "stealt mode". If they lose side and sound of me, it seems that they go when they have last see me. If there is a house they try to smash windows/doors of course.

I only kill zombies when it's super necessary.

The zed count there is a bit ridiculous. There's hordes everywhere. You can't navigate the map without having to run through groups, there's simply no option of going around them because they're everywhere. It's like being in a comicon convention, only without the costume diversity.

I'm new on the forum, as you can see (fedora) , but so far, I can get rid of them simply using the houses or the trees (switching run and walk) and then go on "stealt mode". If they lose side and sound of me, it seems that they go when they have last see me. If there is a house they try to smash windows/doors of course.

He's asking whether or not you guys are playing like 9.14 or 9.15.  Because right now in 9.15, I can barely go into town without seeing said zombie conference, and I'm seeing way higher concentration even on the fringe of town than I ever have.

Being stealthy isn't really an option when you have to walk past a wall of them.

He's asking whether or not you guys are playing like 9.14 or 9.15.  Because right now in 9.15, I can barely go into town without seeing said zombie conference, and I'm seeing way higher concentration even on the fringe of town than I ever have.

Being stealthy isn't really an option when you have to walk past a wall of them.

I'm in 9.15. And I have played only the Desura realease before that.

There are some areas that are impossible, it's fair enough.

But, at least that's what I do, if you attracts them and then try to lose them. You get a chance to pass around.

Maybe. Also sleeping near to where you want to go it's good. It seems to me that in the morning, maybe for the sound of the NPC (that are not there but these bastard have elicopters, rifles and machineguns!), they move.

Is not easy and is not smooth.

Let's say that you have 2 chance to make it against 10(15)? 

Well I am. I'm surviving for over a month now using 2.9.9.15 .. I have no complain with zeds and still will have no problem even if the devs reduce zed numbers in the future releases :)

I kinda like preparing my safehouse and having to defend it as hordes of zombies attack it. Seemed like all i did was eat, drink, build some stuff and read books in previous builds. To be honest i have a feeling that the ramped up difficulty could only mean that soon we will have NPCs.  ;-)

I am playing 2.9.9.15 and have no issue with zombie numbers, I like it, I managed to keep them away from my holdout for several weeks before they became a problem. And even then it was possible to evade them. But if you want less so be it, I'll amp it up via sandbox options. (which I even did on this build and still does not seem ridiculous.)

Out of curiosity Viceroy where is your holdout? I'm guessing its out of town, I can't imagine succeeding in cleaning up the zombies in any of the populated areas. The least infested populated areas would contain 5 zombies at the very least.  Some areas constantly have at least 50 of them on screen!

Respect though. Even out of town survival counted in weeks is an accomplishment. My record is 8 days, almost 9 days. :)

Out of curiosity Viceroy where is your holdout? I'm guessing its out of town, I can't imagine succeeding in cleaning up the zombies in any of the populated areas. The least infested populated areas would contain 5 zombies at the very least.  Some areas constantly have at least 50 of them on screen!

Respect though. Even out of town survival counted in weeks is an accomplishment. My record is 8 days, almost 9 days. :)

Train station and farmhouse I use, also that big house SW of the train station quite some ways (that one directly screen sout from the walled one), use the dirt road to scavenge for food in the berry bushes, and I go into town a few days of the week. I have managed to secure a central house in the chaos of helicopter searches.

But yeah it is no walk in the park. That is why I find it so appealing. Can totally see that it would be too hard for some people though so that is understandable.

is there something planned for the future in the form of crafting objects that are bound to brake and go extinct??  I mean,  axes, bullets, weapons, nails, etc.?

Check out the Mod section here http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/forum/50-weapons-items/

or visit a great mod site here http://pz-mods.net/mods/

Most of what you mention are mods minus bullets.