FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.16

RobertJohnson

ooops. wrong thread..

anyway, same question though..

I just want to ask everyone and also the creators, does the zombies are good to you in the past build 15?

for me the zombies are too sensitive in sight and hearing, and aggresive. this is harder than before.
the difficulty was more challenging.. more challenging that make your heart beating fast until it pops.

coz even while your character is in sleep, your eyes and ears are focus on if there is an upcoming horde.

hahahaha. this is pretty cool. but in my expirience, i cant get pass to 1-3days > <

Hm... wowzers, .16 already? When it rains, it pours... :D

EDIT: Also, one hundred posts! Hooray! Yes, this is such a momentus occasion... I just... I have to thank my laywers, uh... parents.... moderators (*looks nervously towards a certain member*)... I just... you know, it'd be funny if I cried on national television. Oh gawd, not again...

Hm... wowzers, .16 already? When it rains, it pours... :D

EDIT: Also, one hundred posts! Hooray! Yes, this is such a momentus occasion... I just... I have to thank my laywers, uh... parents.... moderators (*looks nervously towards a certain member*)... I just... you know, it'd be funny if I cried on national television. Oh gawd, not again...

*Nods approvingly*

I've even seen a mod somewhere on the forums which fixes the "bug" that has been a "game feature" for a while. The over encumbered moodle that pops up everytime you pass the 8/8 weight in the main inventory tab.

Over here.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/93-fixed-bug-moodle-heavyload-always-just-3rd-lvl-pz-29910/

It is just ridicoulus how you walk around fine, but then you grab a single, let's say, butter knife, and now you can barely walk. Also the funny thing is, you can take thousands of items, and you'll still be able to walk the same way you can walk when you accidently picked up more than what you can carry.

So; TL;DR - Please fix the bug that was missed out for a good while and got ignored.

I've even seen a mod somewhere on the forums which fixes the "bug" that has been a "game feature" for a while. The over encumbered moodle that pops up everytime you pass the 8/8 weight in the main inventory tab.

Over here.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/93-fixed-bug-moodle-heavyload-always-just-3rd-lvl-pz-29910/

It is just ridicoulus how you walk around fine, but then you grab a single, let's say, butter knife, and now you can barely walk. Also the funny thing is, you can take thousands of items, and you'll still be able to walk the same way you can walk when you accidently picked up more than what you can carry.

So; TL;DR - Please fix the bug that was missed out for a good while and got ignored.

Eh, at one time you could kill yourself by carrying too much (break your legs). :lol:

Yeah, it's not the final release, more fix/add will come soon :)

Also I'm working on the zombie difficulty too, to see if it's really too much or nope :)

Please check if after loading a save game zombies spot player from too far away ! Thank you very much .

will .10 mods still work for this version?

see no reason why not. We specifically designed modding to work the way it does to make mods work between versions (the huge 2.9 update aside ;))

The only change I noted was an update to haveDamagePart which takes a param now (player).  Would only affect a mod trying to assess body damage (like bandages) - and obviously super simple update to fix.

please ! add NPC ! even buggy. But i feel like "forever alone" for a looong time ... :(

Thank's !

Please don't do that, take your time and make them as good as possible. (tophat)

Before they deleted them, they was very good i think, but a little solo (no interactions with us or them possible). i had a lot of fun with them :) so i think indiestone have improve NPC's yet. they could be only better ! :D and this, will add more RP/fun !

Any proposed fixes/changes to either crawler behavior or zombie density?

I personally enjoy the added level of difficulty, makes every encounter life-threatening and also crawlers are to me very fun, easy to dispatch in the open, hard when inside (once you get the trick). Really makes you work for every bit of loot.

Any proposed fixes/changes to either crawler behavior or zombie density?

I personally enjoy the added level of difficulty, makes every encounter life-threatening and also crawlers are to me very fun, easy to dispatch in the open, hard when inside (once you get the trick). Really makes you work for every bit of loot.

I dunno, there's life threatening and then there are "zones of utter death".  I've spent most of the game hiding from two or three (it was hard to tell if one actually two hordes which had joined forces) relatively large hordes.  One of these is all the way on the west side of the map, and I've never seen such a concentration out there.

At the current density it seems like a reasonable strategy is "avoid the town completely", which doesn't seem to really be a great thing to promote.

As for the crawlers - they're not bad but imho they definitely need tweaked.  Some seem to be able to auto-turn on a dime, which doesn't sound like what was intended.  I've also had some spawn effectively inside things (like cabinets) indoors, which makes them nearly impossible to kill.

Town center is a no go after the first month or so,  that's for sure.    The best current strategy is to loot town like crazy for the first few weeks,  establish caches,  and then only come back to those few caches to clean it out later.

I'm a pretty good player and just went back to town after month two.   Barely made it out.   I won't do that again.   lol.     But I like the difficulty.    And technically I didnt pull my guns.    It wouldnt be hard to go get stuff if wanted to shoot things.

Guess it is a matter of balance, and yeah did have some funky crawlers too but definitely worth the feature. As for the difficulty of the town, perhaps it will become more bareable when more and more meta-events get introduced. Which to me seems likely.

But you do make a few good points RegularX.

I'm working on the difficulty/crawlers, it's a tough job :D

Run several games, write almost everything zombie related, and see how we can balance that...

I think the number max of zombie on the map will be lowered, and also the crawler attack which turn really fast.

The survival guide will be there for this build, I'm pretty sure it'll help people a lot, for example, I always have more than 1 weapon on me because of condition, and stab weapon are really good inside house, you can one shoot a zombie if he falls on you...

You two are not on the forum releases are you? :) 

The zed count there is a bit ridiculous. There's hordes everywhere. You can't navigate the map without having to run through groups, there's simply no option of going around them because they're everywhere. It's like being in a comicon convention, only without the costume diversity.