FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.16

RobertJohnson

Aside from the rain barrel thing, I also can't dig anymore.  The option just doesn't show up for some reason.  I was able to use it for a while to plant a few things but now I can't.  I tried equipping the trowel in all slots, nothing helps.  Restarting doesn't fix it.  I also got no experience in farming.

Also my crafted doors can only be opened from the bottom, it can't be moused over if you are behind it.

One more thing, the game briefly freezes when equipping something.

Love the game, looking forward to fixes on these things.

Edit *  forgot to mention, my kill count went insane when i shot up some zombies with a shotgun.. it seemed to increase every tick until it maxed out at 62000 or whatever max integer is

Edit 2 *  I fully walled off an area and couldn't go through my doors or see inside anymore.  I had to break down a wall and restart to be able to get back in

Zombies are spawning,i go down a closed  road then i turn back and there 2-3 zombies on the way.
The things that annoys me a lot in this build are the crafted door that i can't  pass thorugh and the impossible farming because my crops doesn't last a few days that they disappear

I think  this should be a priority

In this build i notice quite a few problems with water.  I had a bottle, a cooking pot, a bowl and a mug to fill up at a sink. The 1th, no problem but then when i went to fill the 2nd item i had the option but no progress bar would appear. Tried the other items, same end. Walked away from the sink, clicked to make disappear the sink fill item window, get close again and tried. It's working again, but only for the first item i select, then no more progress bar for the remaining. Had to move away, click, get close again for every item i wanted to fill up, and so for drinking. I'm on the 5th day, so there is water in the pipes, the problem is elsewhere. 

In this build i notice quite a few problems with water.  I had a bottle, a cooking pot, a bowl and a mug to fill up at a sink. The 1th, no problem but then when i went to fill the 2nd item i had the option but no progress bar would appear. Tried the other items, same end. Walked away from the sink, clicked to make disappear the sink fill item window, get close again and tried. It's working again, but only for the first item i select, then no more progress bar for the remaining. Had to move away, click, get close again for every item i wanted to fill up, and so for drinking. I'm on the 5th day, so there is water in the pipes, the problem is elsewhere. 

i've problem with the sinks to some sinks dosen't give water at all;/

Yeah rain barrels re not working for me either. Have had two for about a month just sitting pretty and not filling. I have the option to fill bottles etc and drink from them but nothing actually happens.

Also farming is sorta odd, the time seems crazy, like 150 days for harvest. Also some crops dissapear and others become destroy for no reason. I seen radish plants go from the white/redish blosom colour to instant rotten/destroyed state. The spades option to 'remove' doesnt work either. All in all though the best build so far. Keep up the good work

Anyone else able to run forever in this build? I was able to run to the west farm house without stopping, I slowed down a tad bit when Exhausted moodle popped up. It only went to Moderate Exertion but it didn't go any further.

First time that this ever happened to me:

-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------28.08.2013 15:47:53 zombie.GameWindow runSCHWERWIEGEND: nulljava.lang.RuntimeException: Stack underflow    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.Coroutine.popCallFrame(Coroutine.java:86)    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.Coroutine.cleanCallFrames(Coroutine.java:297)    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1721)    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcallvoid(KahluaThread.java:1661)    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcallvoid(LuaCaller.java:38)    at zombie.ui.UIElement.update(UIElement.java:1135)    at zombie.ui.UIElement.update(UIElement.java:1149)    at zombie.ui.UIManager.update(UIManager.java:1245)    at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:564)    at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:988)    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:860)    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:96)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)    at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java:116)    at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner.java:51)    at apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(JavaApplicationLauncher.java:52)

yah for some reason i did post this in bugs but it seems like zombies spawn like crazy and that one time a started it up with no zombies it zombies spawned like they were on the insane setting but they seem to spawn as hoards and spread out but like the zombie spawns are fixed but hoard spawns is too high

If not comfortable with that, please wait until official release on Desura, which should hopefully be for Mondoid if it goes well. REMEMBER, it's always advised to manually back up your saves (C:\Users\<username>\Zomboid\<gamemode>) when using forum builds.

So there is no way to use my saved game 2.9.9.16 in 2.9.9.17 build ?

How does one "backup?"

Its easy really just go under the file Zomboid in your user section on the comp. then go into the file and select one of the gamemode files (survival, laststand, sandbox, etc...) in which you played/saved on. Once you go into those files copy the saved game folder and put it somewhere else for a backup save.

Just had something happen to me.

I was in the warehouse clearing crates. i cleared about 10 of them then i notice i was overweight. i look at my window and it says 9/8.

The problem here is that i took the strong trait. so somehow my max carry was cut in half. i thought it would go away if i reloaded no dice.

No errors in the debugger. im going to reinstall build 16 with no mods and see if i can reproduce.