FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.16

RobertJohnson

Linux amd64 crashing with error:

Xlib: sequence lost (0x10200 > 0x2f6) in reply type 0x90!

[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing

[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called

[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.

java: ../../src/xcb_io.c:179: dequeue_pending_request: Assertiva `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' falhou.

./projectzomboid.sh: line 27: 29840 Abortado                XMODIFIERS= java -Djava.library.path="${INSTDIR}" -Dorg.lwjgl.util.NoChecks=true -Dorg.lwjgl.librarypath="${INSTDIR}" -Xms768m -Xmx768m -XX:-UseSplitVerifier -cp "${JARPATH}" zombie.core.LaunchDialog "$@" > "${LOGFILE}"

Are there any newer graphics drivers? A google search suggests this is a driver problem related to the big FPS improvements. :( If this isn't resolvable this will suck as will need to add an option to disable the optimization. :(

If that helps, I get kind of the same error BUT WITHOUT the Xlib sequence lost part :

[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called

java: ../../src/xcb_io.c:178: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' failed.

Aborted (core dumped)

After some research i stumbled upon this : http://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=32346 (techy OpenGL/GTK/threading discusssion)

I'm on Linux i386, with integrated intel chipsets, so my situation might fit in the possible driver problems you mentioned.

EDIT : note that the game crashes 1 or 2 secs into the main screen

EDIT 2 : as to upgrading the drivers, i've been using the generic drivers up to now

Linux amd64 crashing with error:

Xlib: sequence lost (0x10200 > 0x2f6) in reply type 0x90!

java: ../../src/xcb_io.c:179: dequeue_pending_request: Assertiva `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' falhou.

./projectzomboid.sh: line 27: 29840 Abortado                XMODIFIERS= java -Djava.library.path="${INSTDIR}" -Dorg.lwjgl.util.NoChecks=true -Dorg.lwjgl.librarypath="${INSTDIR}" -Xms768m -Xmx768m -XX:-UseSplitVerifier -cp "${JARPATH}" zombie.core.LaunchDialog "$@" > "${LOGFILE}"

Are there any newer graphics drivers? A google search suggests this is a driver problem related to the big FPS improvements. :( If this isn't resolvable this will suck as will need to add an option to disable the optimization. :(

If that helps, I get kind of the same error BUT WITHOUT the Xlib sequence lost part :

java: ../../src/xcb_io.c:178: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' failed.

Aborted (core dumped)

After some research i stumbled upon this : http://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=32346 (techy OpenGL/GTK/threading discusssion)

I'm on Linux i386, with integrated intel chipsets, so my situation might fit in the possible driver problems you mentioned.

actually I deleted that post as I suspect it's not drivers, but a fundamental issue with JVM not calling something it should. :(

REMEMBER: This is a forum test release because it may have new bugs or other serious issues, in fact a few we're aware of already and this latest build hasn't had a huge amount of closed testing. However we'd like to extend it to a forum test to get any remaining issues as quickly as possible.

If not comfortable with that, please wait until official release on Desura, which should hopefully be for Mondoid if it goes well. REMEMBER, it's always advised to manually back up your saves (C:\Users\<username>\Zomboid\<gamemode>) when using forum builds.

Windows: https://s3.amazonaws.com/alpha.projectzomboid.com/Project_Zomboid_Windows_2.9.9.16.zip

Mac: https://s3.amazonaws.com/alpha.projectzomboid.com/Project_Zomboid_MacOSX_2.9.9.16.zip

Linux AMD64 Deb: https://s3.amazonaws.com/alpha.projectzomboid.com/projectzomboid-amd64-2.9.9.16.deb

Linux i386 Deb: https://s3.amazonaws.com/alpha.projectzomboid.com/projectzomboid-i386-2.9.9.16.deb

Linux AMD64 (tar.gz): https://s3.amazonaws.com/alpha.projectzomboid.com/projectzomboid-amd64.2.9.9.16.tar.gz

Linux i386 (tar.gz): https://s3.amazonaws.com/alpha.projectzomboid.com/projectzomboid-i386.2.9.9.16.tar.gz

Change list :

[New Stuff]

• Added a little icon over the inventory icon if the concerned item is equipped.
  • Survival guide ! Explanation from Will :

It's not actually a full tutorial - just text people can read (and Spiffos to go 'daww!' at) to help newcomers while the official K&B tutorial is worked on.

It start automatically on a new game, but you can press F1 (default key) to toggle it.

Torch can flicker, especially when they're almost run out of batteries.Crawlers won't turn while attacking + Balanced them a bit.New key bindings : F2 to pause, F3 for normal speed, F4 for Fast Forward x1, F5 for Fast Forward x2, F6 for Fast Forward x3.DDouble click in any food in your inventory to eat it (more quick double click action coming :)).Double click in any item of the loot inventory to grab it.You now need to equip a bag to put things in it or get weight reduction, on your back or in one of your hand.Destroy furnitures, walls, stairs and almost anything with a Sledgehammer ! (right click then "Destroy").[bug Fix]
  • Fixed the zombie kill count.
  • Torch now works properly.
  • Rain now water your plants.
  • Rain collector barrels doesn't share the same amount of water (you can now build multiple rain collector barrels).
  • Fixed crawler attacking through wall.
  • Fixed teleporting crops (again... Now it's all save in java, making the job easier for any modders, and should avoid all this kind of problem).
  • No more "exploding" zombie when entering a new house.
  • Changed the inventory male zombie icon for the correct one.
  • You can't do action while sleeping.
[bALANCE]
  • Balanced the zombie density a bit.
  • Lowered the time needed to water your plant.
 [MODDING]
  • Lua debugger. We're post instructions on modding forum on release. Hold L-SHIFT when loading PZ to go into debug mode.
  • Default key for debuger is F11, it's bindable in the option.

Mac Users need to follow these steps to use the debugger:

Open your PZ.app and look for a file called "Info.plist" then search for this line:

<string>-noverify -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:Tier2CompileThreshold=70000 -XX:CompileThreshold=1500  -Xms64m -Xmx512m -XX:+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -XX:GCTimeRatio=50 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=20</string>
    add "-Ddebug" to it (of course before the last </string> tag).

YEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!

A thing I noticed with the debugger is that once you close the small debugger console, you can't reopen it in-game.

Another thing is that the game no longer says 'Saving' when you exit the game.

3 rd thing is that the extremely annoying no menu bar bug is back and I have to delete options.bin every time I start the game to get it back.

Edit 4: Switching fullscreen/windowed in-game still doesn't work and apparently crashes the game now

Okay, that's all for now, the 3rd point kinda forces me to play version 15 again.

Is the screen supposed to stay black when running ? during the day?

What's happened excatly ?

It happened to me after changing screen settings. Game sounds/music keeps going on, but screen is black and had to force quit.

Can you say anything about the no-menu bug?

Is the screen supposed to stay black when running ? during the day?

What's happened excatly ?

Working on screens.

Edit:

The settings are set on high and were never changed. It takes a few seconds of me standing still for the black to go away. No traits were selected.

Oh ya, you can't see me, I'm in the black area in front of the running zombie.

sh5oB8J.gif

Edited by kinyoshi

Small problem:

As stated above, when you now hover over traits it no longer gives you a description.

Larger problem:

When playing in 64bit, upon starting a new game if I try and scroll through the new survival guide the game crashes. If I instantly close the guide and run around I can play however the game seems to be struggling / having a large FPS loss. Oddly the houses and walls flicker too, sometimes going invisible for a quick second.

(I do like the look and concept of the guide though  (fedora) )

Could the Invisible walls be a cause of something related to reusable grids thing Robert added?

Like, I've seen him mentioning it in one of the updates, and before that update it seemed like invisible walls were never a problem.

nah they predate that. :( I think it's somehow stream related

omg so many invisible walls at least the zombies cant get through them but ugh

i fixed it by reloading but i found this thing called Blooo...what?

Do you use mods? Blooo is the placeholder item which is loaded if something is wrong with the item code.

ARGH how is this possible, I've NEVER SEEN A SINGLE ONE yet others say there are 'so many'. :( it's only take me or RJ seing ONE of them to be able to fix this fkin thing

ARGH how is this possible, I've NEVER SEEN A SINGLE ONE yet others say there are 'so many'. :( it's only take me or RJ seing ONE of them to be able to fix this fkin thing

It's so strange ... I also rarely encounter them and there is absolutely no pattern with which you could predict when they happen next.