FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.16

RobertJohnson

So it is hard to confirm - but it really looks like it is nearly impossible to target a crawling zom while it is turning.  I can stand right over it and hit it with an incredibly lethal weapon (one that would kill a standing zombie easy) - but there seems to be no effect at all.

So it is hard to confirm - but it really looks like it is nearly impossible to target a crawling zom while it is turning.  I can stand right over it and hit it with an incredibly lethal weapon (one that would kill a standing zombie easy) - but there seems to be no effect at all.

Unless I'm mistaken, that's by design. Maneuver around it, then give it a good paddling.

sry didnt want to take it to the bug forumg before i know its a bug. i have a bowl with water and ramen

both are in my inventroy but i cant craft them togetehr. Someone else have this problem. oh and i got again the salomon dont get cook bug. But when i toke them out and back in, they was burned -.-. .

ok its a bug: found the reason what bring this bug up and how to fix it for evryone. will write it in the bug section

sry didnt want to take it to the bug forumg before i know its a bug. i have a bowl with water and ramen

both are in my inventroy but i cant craft them togetehr. Someone else have this problem. oh and i got again the salomon dont get cook bug. But when i toke them out and back in, they was burned -.-. .

ok its a bug: found the reason what bring this bug up and how to fix it for evryone. will write it in the bug section

Its not a bug.... they're changing the recipes to require external water sources so that they can require a certain amount of water

Are you sick or injured?

Nope i was healthy, and im a park ranger so no way to get sick other then bites and scratches. I reinstalled and did not install any mods and i cant reproduce it so it had to be something that one of the mods did. So i will install the mods one at a time and see if i can find the one that did it and report to the person the bug.

I've had the same issue as Shivster, and it was with a new character so I had'nt even left the house I spawned in.
Started a new character and no issues, though it seems the Brave trait isn't working now.
Could be worth looking in to as it is game-breaking.

Worth mentioning, I hadn't installed any mods at the time and I'm playing .16 (to be absolutely clear).

Unless I'm mistaken, that's by design. Maneuver around it, then give it a good paddling.

I might need a vid or a screenshot when it happens to illustrate.. The problem is I was maneuvering around it, which caused it to turn. I'm right over the thing tapping repeatedly but nothing happens. Eventually it stops moving and then bites me. I think it has something to with targeting them in general, or perhaps when they get into a specific AI state.

Doing the same thing in the same position with a fallen/sleeping or standing zom hits them fine. I'll test some more and see if I can narrow down the condition at all.

OK, here's an mov of it happening: http://xmod.herokuapp.com/crawler_dance.mov

Now mind you - this wasn't like the first crawler I found.  I probably killed like 10 or more before running into this.  In the first part, the crawler can't even turn to me.  It just sits there and wiggles.  You can see the first couple of times there's a bit of blood - so I'm actually hitting the thing, but it doesn't die.  It's not until I walk away a bit, and then come back and let it turn completely that I can whack it on the head.

And before anyone asks, no I'm not actually unarmed.  This is using the FistsOfRage from Xmod, it's basically an invisible knife that does like 600 points of damage.  A kitty knife does like 0.6, charged.  So it's also not because "I'm not charging".

But it's also not fair to say that it's just "turning", because I killed others while turning without a problem.  

How does one "backup?"

Its easy really just go under the file Zomboid in your user section on the comp. then go into the file and select one of the gamemode files (survival, laststand, sandbox, etc...) in which you played/saved on. Once you go into those files copy the saved game folder and put it somewhere else for a backup save.

You're going to have to be more specific than that.

What files?

Welp, if you go to the mentioned directory (%username%\zomboid or C:\users\EG\zomboid), you'll see several rather suspcious files, such as "Survival," "Sandbox", and "LastStand."

These are where the saves are stored.

Open one of them and locate the name of your saved game.

Click on the file with that name.

Copy it.

Paste it somewhere handy.

I cannot download the file or whatever it is. I use to play all the forum releases but i left for a while and camback recently and stuck to stable builds on desura but now i'd like to play this test release and the link just keeps loading until it tells me there is no data on the page. (I'm useing Chrome)

Don't cross-spam post. Choose to post here or in the bug forum.

I cannot download the file or whatever it is. I use to play all the forum releases but i left for a while and camback recently and stuck to stable builds on desura but now i'd like to play this test release and the link just keeps loading until it tells me there is no data on the page. (I'm useing Chrome)

Right click, save as. (Assuming that exists in Chrome.)

I'm seeding a torrent of 0.2.9.9.16 for Mac OS X at this link : Redacted

You can feature this link up top, I'll seed indefinitely until the next non-Desura release.

]

Unless there's a specific reason for a torrent we'd rather not have one posted. There's a download link at the top of the thread, so I'm not sure why we'd need it. -Rathlord-

I think i just recognized a bug.... maybe a teleporter bug

I found shelter in the big warehouse and collected some stuff like hammer, trowel and so on... stored it in a crate which i could remember... today i loaded my save after two days... and some of the stuff is gone... especially the hammer, the trowel and a shotgun with shells... i searched all crates in the warehouse but couldn't find them.

Hi guys,

I heard of Project Zomboid on Youtube. I wanted to give that game a try and thus downloaded the file for Windows from this thread. It sounds a bit silly, but now I don't know how to start the game. There's a "ProjectZomboid32.exe" in the folder, but nothing happens when I double click on it. the 64.exe thing doesn't work for me at all and when I click the safe mode file, nothing happens, too. 

Maybe there's someone who can help me out? Do I have to buy the game first at Desura? I wanted to try it before buying.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Germany

Hi guys,

I heard of Project Zomboid on Youtube. I wanted to give that game a try and thus downloaded the file for Windows from this thread. It sounds a bit silly, but now I don't know how to start the game. There's a "ProjectZomboid32.exe" in the folder, but nothing happens when I double click on it. the 64.exe thing doesn't work for me at all and when I click the safe mode file, nothing happens, too. 

Maybe there's someone who can help me out? Do I have to buy the game first at Desura? I wanted to try it before buying.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Germany

The versions available on this forum are for paying customers, there is unfortunately no current up to date demo available. This will hopefully be rectified in the near future.

Nothing about the zombie number reduction in the first days????

Yea, I'm finding that my poor character is swamped from the very first day, I mean like loads of hordes everywhere and way too many zombies from day 1. Is this a bug or am I just being a wimp??? :P

Maybe I just don't know, but I never thought that the beginning of the game is the beginning of the zombie crisis. I just thought I was put in the middle of the mess.