FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.16

RobertJohnson

My character has now survived for 11 days and i have set a new personal record in kill count by 14410, Anyone olse who has broken their record lately?

I might have missed if you updated this. This happens in the 2.9.9.14 update im playing on

Reminder about previous bugs i wrote about : It rains thorugh the roof of the big warehouse epcept for the second floor aswell as third.

: If you put the bag in the bag itself it disappears.

Hey RJ is i possible to fix an exploit that I have noticed?

When you kill a zombie and you look away from it, the corpse is still visible, however if the zombie is a crawler (pretending to be dead) and you look away the zombie disappears. This makes it SUPER easy to spot crawlers. My suggestion would be either to make all corpses invisible when you can't see them. Or to make all crawlers that are sleeping visible (like corpses).

By the way, smashing job mate.  (clyde)

Is this the wrong place to suggest tweaking the time on the inventory actions a bit? When you're unloading a boatload of trash after a successful day of foraging you end up giving all the drop commands and then have to sit back and wait quite a bit. Especially the heavy items can take a long time.

How about halfing that time?  :blush:

- You now need to equip a bag to put things in it or get weight reduction, on your back or in one of your hand.

Really? I need to unequip my bag, if I want to put things in it. ;)

Except for fanny packs, of course.

And I would also delete the weight reduction for the hands.

Hey RJ is i possible to fix an exploit that I have noticed?

When you kill a zombie and you look away from it, the corpse is still visible, however if the zombie is a crawler (pretending to be dead) and you look away the zombie disappears. This makes it SUPER easy to spot crawlers. My suggestion would be either to make all corpses invisible when you can't see them. Or to make all crawlers that are sleeping visible (like corpses).

By the way, smashing job mate.  (clyde)

yah a saw that too its to easy to see what zombie is a crawler and what zombie is dead

• New key bindings : F2 to pause, F3 for normal speed, F4 for Fast Forward x1, F5 for Fast Forward x2, F6 for Fast Forward x3.D

Please, rebind it in a different way, as it is incredibly complicated right now as it seems.

My suggestion is : ~ (Tilda) for pause, 1 for normal speed, 2 for fast forward x1, 3 for fast forward x2, 4 for fast forward x3

Rebind the weapon hotkeys (We already have them binded to 1/2/3, which will make these conflict) to F1-12 instead.

Is this the wrong place to suggest tweaking the time on the inventory actions a bit? When you're unloading a boatload of trash after a successful day of foraging you end up giving all the drop commands and then have to sit back and wait quite a bit. Especially the heavy items can take a long time.

How about halfing that time?  :blush:

I have to agree with this, if I have a wooden plank in my rucksack, its most probably sticking out the top of the bag and would take seconds to pull out, i think this needs to be halved too

It takes more time to sort out your planks on purpose, to offset the fact that barricading and building is unrealistically fast.

If it was barricading that took longer, there wouldn't be any "gotta put some boards on this window fast, they're coming through" moments. Simply because you'd never have enough time to do it.

• Rain collector barrel doesn't share the same amount of water (you can now build multiple rain collector barrel).
  • Fixed crawler attacking trhought wall.
  • Rain now water your plant.

forgot an s after plant and barrel and through is spelled wrong im sorry i cant help pointing out misspellings  :cry: 

I just found interesting bugs [sorry English is not my native language, hard to explain]:

- when you read skill book(carpentry), and receive exp bonus, this bonus is still working after receiving next level in some skill(carpentry) for gaining overall experience, until you add gained point to skill(carpentry) [sorry English is not my native language, hard to explain]

[EDIT]: so this multiplier bonus is also working for next level of skill, so wilth level 3 book you can receive bonus for level 4

- (about this i am not sure) needed experience point for next overall exp level is not raising when you not add gained exp. point

For reproduction:

I read book for advance carpentry, and gain 18x multiplier. So i saw all logs which i cut down before(maybe 100 logs). And i gain maybe 7 skills points. And i can continue until i will add  3rd carpentry skill point

[EDIT]: after added 3rd carpentry point, i already got over 2000 exp in carpentry lvl 4

Knock yourselves out! Bear in mind there may be new bugs, please back up your saves, and apparently yes, the fkin invisible wall bug is still popping up. What a dick. :( Still, lots of lovely stuff to play with!

... aaaaaand it is here. I'm going to be now ... need sleep :P

ITS HERE, IT'S OUT! IT'S ALSO 3 AM. THAT'S FINE I'LL PLAY!

</caps>

edit: i'll post feedback asap ;) probably tomorrow only though 

Lemmy <3

edit 2:

• Lua debugger. We're post instructions on modding forum on release. Hold L-SHIFT when loading PZ to go into debug mode.

Plz

I have run into a problem, I run the game (after updating the lwjgl thingy) but when the menu loads I can't click on any of the options, I would paste an error log but it doesn't crash or even let me close the game (I have to kill it in the terminal).

Download used: Linux AMD64 (tar.gz)

I have run into a problem, I run the game (after updating the lwjgl thingy) but when the menu loads I can't click on any of the options, I would paste an error log but it doesn't crash or even let me close the game (I have to kill it in the terminal).

I think aricane fixed that by copying some different lwjgl files into the game folder ... but of course I don't know which ones.

Edit: I will point him to your post.

Can you try unzipping this over the build?

http://www.theindiestone.com/patch/ExtractToPZfolder.zip

(RoboMat I think this is the result of the fix I had to make for macs :P it was a 50/50 whether linux behaves like mac or like windows. Turns out they behave like windows, or I hope they do)