FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.16

RobertJohnson

Not bag for now.

We need to rewrite the bag stuff a bit, like you need to equip it to make it active, etc.

(Add a new slot "Back" for example, so you could have 1 duffel bag on your bag + 1 tote bag in your secondary hand...)

Big hiking bag back and front! That's how I roll (literally, when I trip). It provides ample storage as well as a protective cushion :D

• Crawlers won't turn while attacking + Balanced them a bit.

Awww, man.... Make me feel like a dick for sticking up for your original idea :(

Any chance we might get a knife noise reduction while your at it?

If I may elaborate....

The default hot keys are 1-(Swinging weapon), 2-(Stabbing weapon), 3-(Guns). Given this, one could assume that stabbing weapons were intended to serve a different purpose to other melee weapons. Now that instant kills have been removed from knives & knives create just as much sound as a swinging weapon, they serve no other purpose than to be a "bad" melee weapon to get you through until you find a better one. Reducing the noise created by a knife would mean you could take out 1 or 2 Zeds without alerting others as you would with a swinging weapon.... Balance ;)

• Crawlers won't turn while attacking + Balanced them a bit.

Awww, man.... Make me feel like a dick for sticking up for your original idea :(

Any chance we might get a knife noise reduction while your at it?

If I may elaborate....

The default hot keys are 1-(Swinging weapon), 2-(Stabbing weapon), 3-(Guns). Given this, one could assume that stabbing weapons were intended to serve a different purpose to other melee weapons. Now that instant kills have been removed from knives & knives create just as much sound as a swinging weapon, they serve no other purpose than to be a "bad" melee weapon to get you through until you find a better one. Reducing the noise created by a knife would mean you could take out 1 or 2 Zeds without alerting others as you would with a swinging weapon.... Balance ;)

Perhaps stabbing/bladed weapons will be used to cut NPCs throats in the future? Where as bashing an NPCs head in would generate much more noise, cutting their throat would be the most silent way of taking them out. This is speculation though, I could be very far off.

While the absurd amount of Zombies is not reduced, the game remains with "no fun" aspect. I really love difficulty, but have a line in between fun / difficulty.
At least I stopped playing for now. Also, I really hope this is fixed in this update.

The accretion of zombies in the game world should be gradual,
little by little, day by day.

Following this way the fun back.

hey guys its me :D (if you guys already forgot about me i dont blame you :( ) anyway having a hard time downloading PZ (for some reason) i download at like 10kbps, i havent tried using desura to download it yet (cause i havent updated downloading desura update now) but the thing is after a while when i get 1/4 of the way there the download stops and i cry....allot, anyway if we can get a launcher like the old days and download it there that would be great and/or TPB torrent would also allow me (and people like me with the same problem cause i cant be the only one) to download it faster, anyway great game awesome stuff high fives hugs kisses and all the ove :D

as realism goes why wouldnt you be forced to flee from the city? its a zombie apocalypses survival NEEDS to be hard, havent you seen walking dead, you stay in camps outside the city and only go in to get food you can try and wall up a mall or something but with all the dead guys in there good luck, altho i think the zombies should be allot slower tho (havent played it yet just watched gameplay) they are rotting and stuff im surprised they can still walk

altho i think the zombies should be allot slower tho (havent played it yet just watched gameplay) they are rotting and stuff im surprised they can still walk

The zombies in PZ are pretty slow already (compared to other games).

Yes they are rotten ... if they couldn't walk they wouldn't be a threat, so there wouldn't be any Project Zomboid. Sometimes you have to draw a line between realism and fun (besides, you can't approach a fictional topic with "real-life" science).

hey guys its me :D (if you guys already forgot about me i dont blame you :( ) anyway having a hard time downloading PZ (for some reason) i download at like 10kbps, i havent tried using desura to download it yet (cause i havent updated downloading desura update now) but the thing is after a while when i get 1/4 of the way there the download stops and i cry....allot, anyway if we can get a launcher like the old days and download it there that would be great and/or TPB torrent would also allow me (and people like me with the same problem cause i cant be the only one) to download it faster, anyway great game awesome stuff high fives hugs kisses and all the ove :D

hey guys update ive got desura updated and now im downloading at still slow speed but allot faster (my net is 2mbps)

altho i think the zombies should be allot slower tho (havent played it yet just watched gameplay) they are rotting and stuff im surprised they can still walk

Yes they are rotten ... if they couldn't walk they wouldn't be a threat, so there wouldn't be any Project Zomboid. Sometimes you have to draw a line between realism and fun (besides, you can't approach a fictional topic with "real-life" science).

well true,but i really want the main focus of the game to be about surviving in a zombie world. that means raiders resistances friends enemies traitors psychological and physical pain and just all around more people like you trying to survive i really want to see this get amazing multiplayer feature and awesome story modes cause thats what im looking for. i like that the zombies push people out of the city but i dont like that they can still chase you in hordes to lock you down easily, they should at least be stupid and a little hard at hearing

well true,but i really want the main focus of the game to be about surviving in a zombie world. that means raiders resistances friends enemies traitors psychological and physical pain and just all around more people like you trying to survive i really want to see this get amazing multiplayer feature and awesome story modes cause thats what im looking for. i like that the zombies push people out of the city but i dont like that they can still chase you in hordes to lock you down easily, they should at least be stupid and a little hard at hearing

You can change the zombie behaviour in the sandbox mode.

i like that the zombies push people out of the city

And thats probably intended, but for now, the only "perfect safe" spot is the NW farm. Living there is boring as hell.

And thats probably intended, but for now, the only "perfect safe" spot is the NW farm. Living there is boring as hell.

I wouldn't say that the NW farm is the only safe spot (not to mention your forgetting about all the other secluded area's) I can survive perfectly well on the outskirts.... True, there are some area's of town that are uninhabitable.... The Eastern 2 story residential "estate" (as I call it) is a challenge but hardly impossible....

The only main issue I'm having with the zombie numbers atm is when things don't go well & you have to leg it, your agroing crazy amounts of zombies & increasing your chances of getting invisible walls....

My PC is probly due for an upgrade but I rarely had an issue in 2.9.9.10