FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.16

RobertJohnson

is there something planned for the future in the form of crafting objects that are bound to brake and go extinct??  I mean,  axes, bullets, weapons, nails, etc.?

Check out the Mod section here http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/forum/50-weapons-items/

or visit a great mod site here http://pz-mods.net/mods/

Most of what you mention are mods minus bullets.

Just because it's already a mod doesn't mean its not a good idea to add it to the main game though. It'd be nice to know if this is planned for the game.

i will check that out, but i'm not planning to install mods. I want this game to be awesome as the devs thought it. So for me it's vanilla or nothing for now.  My question was asked because i'm not sure the devs actually want you to survive. The game start saying" this is how you die" so maybe in their mind you must die.  Although in my mind you should be given the chance to craft finite resources with the appropriate tools.

Out of curiosity Viceroy where is your holdout? I'm guessing its out of town, I can't imagine succeeding in cleaning up the zombies in any of the populated areas. The least infested populated areas would contain 5 zombies at the very least.  Some areas constantly have at least 50 of them on screen!

Respect though. Even out of town survival counted in weeks is an accomplishment. My record is 8 days, almost 9 days. :)

Train station and farmhouse I use, also that big house SW of the train station quite some ways (that one directly screen sout from the walled one), use the dirt road to scavenge for food in the berry bushes, and I go into town a few days of the week. I have managed to secure a central house in the chaos of helicopter searches.

But yeah it is no walk in the park. That is why I find it so appealing. Can totally see that it would be too hard for some people though so that is understandable.

See I don't see it as "too hard for some people", I see this build as "limiting potential strategies".  

I just had a run where I lasted about a month, easily the longest.  But I did the same basic thing - looted some, fled for the outskirts, and then replenished with anything nearby that was remotely safe.  Finally succumbed to a crawler scratch (I think).  If I hadn't been trying to loot around the northwest horde (on the outskirts of town) and stuck to farming, I could have lasted much, much longer.

But in the last couple of runs I tried to play more like how I did with the current Desura build - secure a house, explore slowly, loot carefully, etc.  It's just not possible in this build.  Last run I started in the suburbs.  To the south of the house across from me was ... a horde.  The to north?  Another freaking horde.  I fended one off and distracted, defended my house the second morning, and then tried to clear the house.  After getting past first 5-10 that spilled out, I killed the three in Kitten.  Only to get mobbed by the four that suddenly entered the room.

I just don't think "fleeing town" should be the only sane option in the game.

Out of curiosity Viceroy where is your holdout? I'm guessing its out of town, I can't imagine succeeding in cleaning up the zombies in any of the populated areas. The least infested populated areas would contain 5 zombies at the very least.  Some areas constantly have at least 50 of them on screen!

Respect though. Even out of town survival counted in weeks is an accomplishment. My record is 8 days, almost 9 days. :)

Train station and farmhouse I use, also that big house SW of the train station quite some ways (that one directly screen sout from the walled one), use the dirt road to scavenge for food in the berry bushes, and I go into town a few days of the week. I have managed to secure a central house in the chaos of helicopter searches.

But yeah it is no walk in the park. That is why I find it so appealing. Can totally see that it would be too hard for some people though so that is understandable.

See I don't see it as "too hard for some people", I see this build as "limiting potential strategies".  

I just had a run where I lasted about a month, easily the longest.  But I did the same basic thing - looted some, fled for the outskirts, and then replenished with anything nearby that was remotely safe.  Finally succumbed to a crawler scratch (I think).  If I hadn't been trying to loot around the northwest horde (on the outskirts of town) and stuck to farming, I could have lasted much, much longer.

But in the last couple of runs I tried to play more like how I did with the current Desura build - secure a house, explore slowly, loot carefully, etc.  It's just not possible in this build.  Last run I started in the suburbs.  To the south of the house across from me was ... a horde.  The to north?  Another freaking horde.  I fended one off and distracted, defended my house the second morning, and then tried to clear the house.  After getting past first 5-10 that spilled out, I killed the three in Kitten.  Only to get mobbed by the four that suddenly entered the room.

I just don't think "fleeing town" should be the only sane option in the game.

Ohhhhh.... Poor Kitten :lol:

How does one kill Zeds in a Kitten? :huh:

Edited by ExcentriCreation

I do agree that zombies spawn too much, still. It makes it almost impossible to get settled and start carpentry, farming, or anything. Sometimes it's hard to get to another house. I've found more zombies at the warehouse than the more populated side of town. It's making me stop playing PZ because I can't do the fun things in the game without being chased down by hordes everyday. I can usually survive up to 15 days. Then when trying the new build I got to only 7 days, only surviving 1 or 2 days on average. When you fight a single zombie a whole horde will come out of no where. I can't survive anymore because when I go travel to a new house I find a horde everywhere, and by the time it's night I still can't find a home because of the zombies. And in houses I will find a lot more zombies than usual. I found about 6+ zombies swarming up on me when I entered a small home. I may just have to play with the zombies on Low now, but I heard that it doesn't work. 

I do agree that zombies spawn too much, still. It makes it almost impossible to get settled and start carpentry, farming, or anything. Sometimes it's hard to get to another house. I've found more zombies at the warehouse than the more populated side of town. It's making me stop playing PZ because I can't do the fun things in the game without being chased down by hordes everyday. I can usually survive up to 15 days. Then when trying the new build I got to only 7 days, only surviving 1 or 2 days on average. When you fight a single zombie a whole horde will come out of no where. I can't survive anymore because when I go travel to a new house I find a horde everywhere, and by the time it's night I still can't find a home because of the zombies. And in houses I will find a lot more zombies than usual. I found about 6+ zombies swarming up on me when I entered a small home. I may just have to play with the zombies on Low now, but I heard that it doesn't work. 

Carpentry & Farming are intended to be end game perks.... I do agree that melee weapons are creating too much noise though, especially knives which you would assume would be practically silent

(as far as melee is concerned, I'm aware that there is a dice roll in there somewhere but I still think its a little harsh..... you can actually hear the difference between a quiet melee hit & a loud melee hit)

Edited by ExcentriCreation

Play this bild. 

berries its cool.

flashlight not working good. short range light.

Zombie in the city a very lot.

But if walk to west farm - i can survive to the mounth. 

Game became boring - starting, searching tools(saw,axe,hammer), seeds, food, water bottle, going to the farm. Survive.

I think PZ need new ideas - maybe new staff and capabilities - lock pics, and lock pics skill, basements, power generator. extended unarmed fight. climbing skill. climbing to roof and trees. Big trees. 

And i think game need realism. Less zombie. More loot(i don't keep in my house just 1 hammer and 2 shirt, a lot of staff in my home)

If it need realism, well the number of zombies is just fine the way it is. (It's a damn zombie apocalypse, you know?)

Play this bild. 

berries its cool.

Game became boring - starting, searching tools(saw,axe,hammer), seeds, food, water bottle, going to the farm. Survive.

I think PZ need new ideas - maybe new staff and capabilities - lock pics, and lock pics skill, basements, power generator. extended unarmed fight. climbing skill. climbing to roof and trees. Big trees. 

And i think game need realism. Less zombie. More loot(i don't keep in my house just 1 hammer and 2 shirt, a lot of staff in my home)

If it need realism, well the number of zombies is just fine the way it is. (It's a damn zombie apocalypse, you know?)

Yes, and maintaining realism is important, but not up unto the point where the game becomes less fun. I don't personally think there's a problem with the zombie numbers right now but it should come down to the community as a whole.

But (to kaleb_22's point) they cant add huge amount of items to the game just to be realistic, especially if they have no use. The current build already has at least 10 items that aren't used for anything; wallets, lipstick, wedding rings, dice, playing cards, etc.

Play this bild. 

berries its cool.

Yes, and maintaining realism is important, but not up unto the point where the game becomes less fun. I don't personally think there's a problem with the zombie numbers right now but it should come down to the community as a whole.

But (to kaleb_22's point) they cant add huge amount of items to the game just to be realistic, especially if they have no use. The current build already has at least 10 items that aren't used for anything; wallets, lipstick, wedding rings, dice, playing cards, etc.

Mmmh.. maybe you have survied more time than me and the zombies don't show up at the West Farm. I'm will go there soon because the game litterally force me to keep moving now. The zombies show up after a couple of weeks in every long-term safe house that I've had so far and destroy all. I think that I can't really be settled down I need to be a nomad.

But if really in the West Farm there are no zombies for long time and you need to be only a farmer... well you are right, the game can't be just that.

It's still under construction so let's see.

Well even if that's the case the game needs balancing. If zombies start breaking down every safe house apart from one farm where you can live forever off your own produce without fear then there's no fun in making your own choices about where to go. :3

Well even if that's the case the game needs balancing. If zombies start breaking down every safe house apart from one farm where you can live forever off your own produce without fear then there's no fun in making your own choices about where to go. :3

Agree. We just need to wait i guess..

If you are bored you can always build a safe house next the town.. no chance to get bored there that's for sure!

I don't think there's "happily ever after" in the game 'coz zeds will deliberately search for you wherever you are, even if you're in NW farm. I tried living there once but after at least a couple of weeks, a massive horde just suddenly showed up from nowhere.

I think it's not the zombie numbers that is a problem, rather the weird spawn behaviour of the game that needs to be overhauled.

Zombies shouldn't spawn right next to your safehouse or out of nothing when you return to a place where you have been a couple minutes before.

I think zombies should migrate from one map cell to another and not respawn in the cell that you currently are.

I think it's not the zombie numbers that is a problem, rather the weird spawn behaviour of the game that needs to be overhauled.

Zombies shouldn't spawn right next to your safehouse or out of nothing when you return to a place where you have been a couple minutes before.

I think zombies should migrate from one map cell to another and not respawn in the cell that you currently are.

I believe that the plan is for zombies to spawn initially, and then move around the map, with zombies only spawning on the edges of the map. Whether or not this is the case now, I don't know.

Actually one thing I wished to ask.. How about traps? Are they planned?

I'd love seeing traps that worked "evil genius" style (If you played the game), and I don't mean the actual traps, but the way they are linked / activated. E.g. using a simple tripwire to make a placed gun fire, up to changing the speaker of an alarm of a house to be attached to something more.. creative.

Actually one thing I wished to ask.. How about traps? Are they planned?

I'd love seeing traps that worked "evil genius" style (If you played the game), and I don't mean the actual traps, but the way they are linked / activated. E.g. using a simple tripwire to make a placed gun fire, up to changing the speaker of an alarm of a house to be attached to something more.. creative.

ask this on Mondoid FAQ

WHERE'S THE UPDATE! I CANT GO LONG WITHOUT MY FIX!

but in all seriousness take your time :) 

I know ! I know !

It's on my PC.

Ahah ! :D

Will edit this post tomorrow, done bunch of stuff but too lazy to edit right now...

Please find a fix for the digging bug and the simultaneous rain barrel depletion when you have the time. I can't grow crops like this :cry:

Thanks for all the updates!

It's not actually a full tutorial - just text people can read (and Spiffos to go 'daww!' at) to help newcomers while the official K&B tutorial is worked on.

Shadow Man: this is an upcoming build, so it's the one being worked on right now. So no download :)

Who would ever expect a cute little Spiffo in a game that simulates starvation and depression?

Dunno, I kinda like it - sorta like PIP Boy from Fallout

It's VAULT Boy. Not PIP Boy. Pip Boy is the name of your wrist contraption. :)

It's not actually a full tutorial - just text people can read (and Spiffos to go 'daww!' at) to help newcomers while the official K&B tutorial is worked on.

Shadow Man: this is an upcoming build, so it's the one being worked on right now. So no download :)

Who would ever expect a cute little Spiffo in a game that simulates starvation and depression?

Dunno, I kinda like it - sorta like PIP Boy from Fallout

It's VAULT Boy. Not PIP Boy. Pip Boy is the name of your wrist contraption. :)

I believe he called him Pip Boy because it's easiest to remember him from your Pip Boy since you do see him on it quite often. ^^