FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.16

RobertJohnson

REMEMBER: This is a forum test release because it may have new bugs or other serious issues, in fact a few we're aware of already and this latest build hasn't had a huge amount of closed testing. However we'd like to extend it to a forum test to get any remaining issues as quickly as possible.

If not comfortable with that, please wait until official release on Desura, which should hopefully be for Mondoid if it goes well. REMEMBER, it's always advised to manually back up your saves (C:\Users\<username>\Zomboid\<gamemode>) when using forum builds.

Windows: https://s3.amazonaws.com/alpha.projectzomboid.com/Project_Zomboid_Windows_2.9.9.16.zip

Mac: https://s3.amazonaws.com/alpha.projectzomboid.com/Project_Zomboid_MacOSX_2.9.9.16.zip

Potential issues with linux! Please read here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1044-damn-you-ubuntujava/

Linux AMD64 Deb: https://s3.amazonaws.com/alpha.projectzomboid.com/projectzomboid-amd64-2.9.9.16.deb

Linux i386 Deb: https://s3.amazonaws.com/alpha.projectzomboid.com/projectzomboid-i386-2.9.9.16.deb

Linux AMD64 (tar.gz): https://s3.amazonaws.com/alpha.projectzomboid.com/projectzomboid-amd64.2.9.9.16.tar.gz

Linux i386 (tar.gz): https://s3.amazonaws.com/alpha.projectzomboid.com/projectzomboid-i386.2.9.9.16.tar.gz

Change list :

[New Stuff]

• Added a little icon over the inventory icon if the concerned item is equipped.
  • Survival guide ! Explanation from Will :

It's not actually a full tutorial - just text people can read (and Spiffos to go 'daww!' at) to help newcomers while the official K&B tutorial is worked on.

It start automatically on a new game, but you can press F1 (default key) to toggle it.

• Torch can flicker, especially when they're almost run out of batteries.
  • Crawlers won't turn while attacking + Balanced them a bit.
  • New key bindings : F2 to pause, F3 for normal speed, F4 for Fast Forward x1, F5 for Fast Forward x2, F6 for Fast Forward x3.D
  • Double click in any food in your inventory to eat it (more quick double click action coming :)).
  • Double click in any item of the loot inventory to grab it.
  • You now need to equip a bag to put things in it or get weight reduction, on your back or in one of your hand.
  • Destroy furnitures, walls, stairs and almost anything with a Sledgehammer ! (right click then "Destroy").

[bug Fix]

• Fixed the zombie kill count.
  • Torch now works properly.
  • Rain now water your plants.
  • Rain collector barrels doesn't share the same amount of water (you can now build multiple rain collector barrels).
  • Fixed crawler attacking through wall.
  • Fixed teleporting crops (again... Now it's all save in java, making the job easier for any modders, and should avoid all this kind of problem).
  • No more "exploding" zombie when entering a new house.
  • Changed the inventory male zombie icon for the correct one.
  • You can't do action while sleeping.

[bALANCE]

• Balanced the zombie density a bit.
  • Lowered the time needed to water your plant.

[MODDING]

• Lua debugger. We're post instructions on modding forum on release. Hold L-SHIFT when loading PZ to go into debug mode.
  • Default key for debuger is F11, it's bindable in the option.
    Mac Users need to follow these steps to use the debugger:
    Open your PZ.app and look for a file called "Info.plist" then search for this line:
        <string>-noverify -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:Tier2CompileThreshold=70000 -XX:CompileThreshold=1500  -Xms64m -Xmx512m -XX:+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -XX:GCTimeRatio=50 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=20</string>
    add "-Ddebug" to it (of course before the last </string> tag).

It's not actually a full tutorial - just text people can read (and Spiffos to go 'daww!' at) to help newcomers while the official K&B tutorial is worked on.

Shadow Man: this is an upcoming build, so it's the one being worked on right now. So no download :)

Shadow Man: this is an upcoming build, so it's the one being worked on right now. So no download :)

Who would ever expect a cute little Spiffo in a game that simulates starvation and depression?

Who would ever expect a cute little Spiffo in a game that simulates starvation and depression?

Dunno, I kinda like it - sorta like PIP Boy from Fallout

Im guessing a game were you play as a Spiffo or encounter one. somebody make that NOW.

Nothing about the zombie number reduction in the first days????

Yea, I'm finding that my poor character is swamped from the very first day, I mean like loads of hordes everywhere and way too many zombies from day 1. Is this a bug or am I just being a wimp??? :P

Play this bild. 
berries its cool.
flashlight not working good. short range light.
Zombie in the city a very lot.
But if walk to west farm - i can survive to the mounth. 
Game became boring - starting, searching tools(saw,axe,hammer), seeds, food, water bottle, going to the farm. Survive.
I think PZ need new ideas - maybe new staff and capabilities - lock pics, and lock pics skill, basements, power generator. extended unarmed fight. climbing skill. climbing to roof and trees. Big trees. 

And i think game need realism. Less zombie. More loot(i don't keep in my house just 1 hammer and 2 shirt, a lot of staff in my home)

Really enjoying this build, crawling zombies have made the game so much more interesting. Wondering zombies gave the game a great feel that they are no longer just chilling in spot and you have something to be worried about.

NPC > Map Development > Multiplayer

Once these are done, I would say you have yourself an astounding game.

Great work so far guys. Keep up the fantastic work.

Hello everyone. I've been playing .15 for a day or so and I've noticed some strangeness here and there. First off is the huge amount of zombies, which I think others are experiencing as well. There's zombies everywhere, just standing around. Way more than I noticed with the stable desura build. The new rain barrels are really neat, but they seem to all share a singe inventory no matter how many you have. Using one to fill up a water bottle empties all of the others as well. Zombies seem to be a bit more agressive with this release as well, in that they're constantly beating on windows and doors of empty houses now and even setting off house alarms on their own. This could be a side effect of having way more zombies, I'm not sure. Lastly, I think the hiking bag spawn is messed up. I find them quite a bit more often now and every time I've found them, they've been in pairs. If I get a hiking pack there is always another hiking pack in the same container. It seems to happen with all types and they're usually different type inside of the container, there's just always two for me.

Edit: I just wanted to add a couple of things.

I'm not gaining any farming xp when digging, sowing seeds, or watering plants. I'm not sure if this is intended or not as this is my first attempt at farming. The watering can only holds enough water to water two plants fully and sometimes the game uses my water bottles instead. Is there a difference between the watering can and the garden sprayer?

The skills books also seem to spawn in much, much higer frequencies than they did in the desura build as well, I sometimes get 2-3 from a single shelf.