These not so scary zombies.

Kidlonewolf

Every and i mean every zombie i kill that's just a bit closer than my axes full reach i push to the ground and smash their skulls in. The combat is set up to be that way. I recently got a new job so i am limited on my gaming time overall besides in the evenings(which i try to spend with my fiancee) so i hope this change with bring zomboid to life for me again. The game will never get boring if you only have hour long sessions. Thanks for all the replies, i am relived (not that others get bored) to see i am not the only one who was having this problem.  

I have to admit that I WAS WRONG. Yesterday was my first time using an axe in combat since I first played the game and now I know the pain of having every zombie fall over from a single hit. I think that the axe is a little overpowered, but seems fit at the same time compared to other weapons. I have posted a suggestion that could slightly level the playing field, but I still don't see a zombie laying on the ground for like 5 seconds after being hit. Maybe it could fall and instantly become a crawler, which I personally think would add a lot to the fear of killing zombies.

Link to suggestion: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/8033-weapons-damage-decreases-with-use/