I just made my first role-play Journal! This idea took me a while, and kind of stops quickly, if you know what I mean. But I hope you all enjoy! Peace!

Journal Entry 1:

It’s been two days since she died. I decided to start recording my days in this journal. She always did, and said that I should to. Just didn’t see the point until now. But I’m not going to give up hope. I know that there MUST be more survivors out there. Just gotta keep looking. Oh who am I kidding? Diane and I have been looking for others since this tragedy happened, and haven’t found a survivor yet. Whatever happened must have hit hard. We were on vacation at the time, so I guess that’s why we survived. These past two days have been complete hell, ever since I took a step out of my house. First, I was side swept by my neighbor. I ain’t gonna say that I was surprised that he was like this. I’ve seen enough horror films to know he was undead. I honestly was kind of a fanatic before the shit hit the fan. But the bad news was that I wasn’t ready. I ran, and stayed on the move from around noon to about ten o’clock. My mind couldn’t stand seeing more bloodshed since my wife died. But the next day, there was an exception. In some house, I saw some friends of mine. I couldn’t leave them like that. I went in, with a hammer I found that morning, and killed them all. That was NO way to be on this Earth, especially for them. After that I threw some things in the oven, and I watched it burn to the ground. Been on the run ever since. I’m holding up in someone’s house. I never was a drinker, and barely drunk in my life. But I can’t sleep ever since Diane’s death. I loved her so much. Diane, I miss you.

Journal Entry 2:

The alcohol went straight through me. I usually can’t handle a glass of wine, let alone a full bottle of whiskey. Must be all this stress. When I woke up this morning, there was banging on my door. I made a quick rope from my OWN clothes, and escaped. God what someone will do for survival. Took the clothes of a body, they smell like piss and look like shit. I couldn’t quit thinking of my boss, and my training at the academy. I’ve decided I’m going to go back to my desk in the police station and see if any of my stuff is there. I know it’s silly, but right now I would kill just to see my workplace. Crazy right? I found a place I’ll stay for today. It’s covered in blood and bodies though. Like mom always said, “Arkyohld, you’ll miss me not cleaning up after you”. And yes, moms always say that, but god is she right about that today. I’m not touching those bodies if my life depended on it. I still have my locket of Diane and me. It’s the only thing keeping me from losing my mind. If only I wasn’t so stubborn, she might still be alive. Might as well write down what happened, since I may never get the chance again. I came home from a scavenge trip in the local area. She was at the table, writing in her journal. I should have taken it with me when she died. Anyways, as I walked in, she looked up at me with joy. She then told me what she done that day. I knew what she was doing. Every time she was about to tell me something important, she always started off with small talk. Then, she said it. Something that lifted my spirits, and crushed them at the same time. She was pregnant. In a world like this, I didn’t even want to THINK of bringing a baby into this world. But god, I was happy. Well, around twenty minutes of discussing it, I suggested we have an at home birth. I mean, it’s not like we can have it at the hospital. She looked at me like I was stupid. The months passed, and the day had come. Her baby was on the way. Everything was going great, but she started hyperventilating. She started going unresponsive. The baby was survived, but she didn’t. I had killed those monsters outside many times, but I’ve never seen so much blood. Soon later, the baby died. I don’t know how, and I don’t want to know. I’m alone, and always will be. I tried offing myself with a pistol, but I was too scared. I just couldn’t pull the trigger. The only reason I still have hope, is because of my daughter, who was taken from me shortly before this all happened. I’ll get into that later, but I’m too tired.

Journal Entry 3:

Made it to the river today. It reminded me of the one I lived next to when I was a child growing up in Norway. It made me wonder. Is the rest of the world in havoc too? And if so, who owns those damn helicopters?!?! Who are the pricks flying them? I had to leave the house I was in. I was glad though, because the bodies were really starting to decompose. Anyways, back to my daughter. It was about four months before this all happened that she was taken from me. Some fellows in black suits were patrolling the town, taking peoples kids. They never told me why. I gave up a hell of a fight. They weren’t going to take my baby girl from me that easy. I hit one agent-man so hard he dropped to the floor. The other restrained me and my wife, and then another went upstairs and got her. My god, I’ll never forget her face when she seen us. She was crying, hard. She will be turning eight this year, if she still is alive. I don’t know where they took her, but I will find her. Even if she’s dead, it’ll help ease my soul enough to blow my brains out. Her name is Sarah. We named her that so it would be cute, because it would make her initials S.O.S. Sarah Ólavía Solamend. But all that is for if I find her, so back to the task at hand. Surviving. I’ve found a fishing pole and some paper clips, which I plan to use as a hook. Now, I need some kind of string. As I have noticed through my travels, there seems to be many sheds in my local area. I’m going to check them out. After that, I plan to set up a home at the West Point police station. I’m kind of not comfortable staying in one place ever since Diane, but I can’t keep running. I hope this adventure doesn’t get me killed.

Journal Entry 4:

I knew this would happen, I knew I would get hurt.

Why did I go damn it? I’m writing this in my own blood. I lost my pen, so this will have to do.

Sarah, I am so, so sorry. If you ever read this, I tried. I don’t think I’ve got long left. Too many monsters, not enough bullets. I don’t want to go without you knowing that I tried to find you. I doubt I could survive all these scrapes and bites if I wanted to. If I start getting those signs, I’m going to do it, fast and easy. No need in being one of those. Sarah, your mother and I love you very much. I am not going to die in vain. I’m going to go through the horde, get to that damned police station, and set it up for you. I know, I KNOW that you’re still out there. Love,

DADDY          

• 5 weeks later...

Archived