3D terrain, Rocks, Hills, Creeks ect.

Necromatic_Corgi

I was wondering if these may be added in the future, It would add so much to the game. I would love to see creeks and rocks as I love being in wooded areas, When cars are added potholes could maybe flatten your tires?, That would be awesome. Could these ever be implemented? Just some ideas, What do you guys think?   :P

Tbh you have to remember that they haven't even fully implemented the 3D stuff so while it is possible, it is infact just that and there is also a possibility that it will not happen. So in that context it isn't really, in my opinion, comparable to something like cars.

Currently the only 3D assets are the characters and the walls; though they're rendered to look 2D. Creeks are tricky because they're not a constant z-elevation, and I'm not sure how the game handles that (the entire world is, more or less, on the same flat plane). 

Are the characters.* The walls are still 2D and zombies have a 2D fallback in case your system can't handle a large number of 3D models all at once.

Really? I thought the developers had introduced an alternative rendering system for the walls in order to increase performance. Hm. Didn't it get implemented in the end?

Are the characters.* The walls are still 2D and zombies have a 2D fallback in case your system can't handle a large number of 3D models all at once.

Really? I thought the developers had introduced an alternative rendering system for the walls in order to increase performance. Hm. Didn't it get implemented in the end?

It was postponed indefinitely.

It was postponed indefinitely.

Ah... oh crap. Well, that's what happens when you stop following news updates for several months, and then come back to a game. Sorry guys; disregard everything I've said recently on the forums. :\

Well last year they said "Wilderness 2.0 – Proper trees, with canopies, river banks, hills and sloped terrain. As we add more survivalist features to the game we want to make the wilderness truly interesting and diverse." So we could see them talk about that more later this year, Maybe. I could be wrong...could be...hopefully im not...

Here's a link, http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2013/10/apzdtisa-ii/

How can I delete this thread? I just made a new one

Deleting threads isn't a good practice usually as people might be interested in the topic, find the thread and have a good read. But when or if you deem it necessary or want to move it etc. Just pm a dev or report your post and ask for a move. :)

well it's a bit complicated but let's try:

for a slope to reach level 2 (level beeing street level) it could be divided in thirds of wall height so you would need 3 sprites to reach level 2 (like stairs) but those slopes could also be "navigated" through their sides unlike a stair. making a full slope 3 tiles long

also for vehicle slopes, the slopes would need to be 3 times longer so the vehicles can climb them so a full slope would be 9 tiles long.

also it would be good is we had floors for those "third of wall height" so we could make railways platform or loading docks (would also help to have actual wheels on semi trailers.

• 2 months later...