Journal Entries of a Sad Man

Zimbie

One dreadful day, a survivor comes across a journal inside a bedside cabinet. Out of boredom, he reads it. 

Journal, March 31st, 2011

Well, I decided to write a journal today. My wife told me to, as it should help me with my depression. I don't know how, but hey - I would never doubt Anna. What should I write about? Hmm.... A guy at work today at the station was talking to another man about how he was eyeing up my wife when she was at the grocery store. I turned around and punched the bastard, and he was knocked cold for about half an hour. I was fired and would have gotten a trip to the brig if it wasn't for my friend Bobby standing up for me. Good ol' Bobby, I've been friends with him since kindergarten. Oh, well I have to stop writing, Anna made a chicken casserole for dinner, and I gotta take my anti-depression pills. 

Journal, April 20th, 2011

Guess what i was prescribed for my depression today?

Journal, May 2nd, 2011

Anna woke me up this morning looking pale. The TV was on. It showed a news report about some sick looking people in... hey... does that say knox county? Holy crap, it says Knox county. I hope it's not airborne, that would be terrible. Bobby called me on the phone and said that he was feeling bad and wanted me to come over.   

I just came back from Bob's. Apparently he needed a LOT of pain medication, and he was feeling queasy. God, what if... No, no... he can't have the disease. Even if he did, what's the harm of it? Crap, we don't know we don't know we don't know.... I hope nothing bad happens to Bobby. I hope nothing bad happens to these sick people.

Journal, May 18th, 2011

Anna woke me up again to the news, again. Apparently Knox County is now under some type of quarantine. The news showed people running around, screaming, looting stores. The report was filmed by a helicopter. It also showed some sort of rotting corpses that were... walking? God, I haven't been over to Bob's in a long time. I'm going over to check on him.

nononononononononononononono as soon as I opened the door, he was laying on the floor with a bunch of pain pills next to him. I went up to examine him, but he turns around and trys to bite me! As soon as he opened his jaw, the bottom half of his face fell off. I ran out of there as fast as I could back to our house. I heard Anna crying, so I go in the room and comfort her. It was terrible on the TV, what was happening. God be with us, if there even is a God.

Jurnal  jun 19th 201

i had to write this fast lots of infected outside 

Journal, August 26th, 2011 

I have had no time to write in this. Anyways, Anna broke her leg because of some assholes trying to kill us for food. What has humanity come down to? There were three, and I shot two. The third ran away before I could get a shot at him. Right now, I have laid Anna on a bed. I went into the bathroom to find some pain pills to give her. After that, I found some clothes and made them into makeshift bandages and tied them onto Anna's leg. Wait, I here some rustling downstairs. going to check it out.

Journal, March 2012

I have no idea what day it is. It has been weeks, or maybe even months since the raider... I don't want to write about it...

You know what, Anna said I needed to get my feelings out, so here we go.

The raider came up the stairs and opened the door. He started to shout so I pulled out my pistol. I never even saw his freaking shotgun... He whipped that out and pointed it at me. I took the shot. It hit him right in the head, but guess what? The shotgun fell on the floor and went off. I heard moaning and groaning outside so i looked outside, and it was horrendous. So many infected walking towards me, I didn't even know what to

That was the end of the journal. The survivor that found it started to cry, because he noticed something out the corner of his eye. He saw a corpse, being eaten on by zombies in the bathroom. When he came in through the house, the thought he noticed a broken window, and the door was already opened. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for killing the "mood" for writing this down here, but please don't report my post because of the language. It was for the guy's character. 

Archived