Fire Extinguisher

EnigmaGrey

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsrke7uenkeqij6/contextMenu.zip

Fight fire with sand, gravel, dirt, and the majority of water-containing items in the game. No longer can you blame fire for destroying your mighty fort -- no, it'll be a lack of preparedness!

Just extract the contents of this zip archive into the zomboid\mod directory and enable in the Mod Loader.

Note: For today, debug code is included with the mod. Delete contextMenuA.lua to remove the ability to spontaneously light the world on fire, put it out, and start with a hefty bag of (useful) sand. It'll be reorganized later.

To Do:

-make sand/gravel/dirt incremental

-Add a "Beat Out" option for use with the bed sheet under select circumstances

• 2 months later...
Yes, that's fine. I have the sandbag, I can light a fire and put out the fire from the menu. It seems I can also put out the fire with sand. Everything seems correct. 

That if, I will remove the contextMenuA.lua file so that none of my friends accidentally ignite home. Another good mod that joins my server.  :)

Thank you very much!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Is this still working in build 30.2?

No reason it shouldn't, actually. Will double check -- have an updated version sitting around on my hard drive somewhere . . .

Excellent!

It seems so trivial until fire is creeping next to your storage supplies and you stand there dumbfounded looking at your water barrel. Small things like this and the dishtowel mods make a huge difference in gameplay.

Thanks for the quick response.

Edit: I can confirm it works on 30.6. However it gives you the option to start a fire with no fire starting materials at all times, along with put out fire on areas with no fire. (Also starts me out with a sandbag on each load of my MP game. I now have a pile of sandbags.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I missed your post, Handlebar! That's the debug code, as mentioned in the OP.

So. Let's actually update this . . .

Proper layout for consumable items .etc:

gear = { }-- valid options, either created by this mod or provided by the game itselfgear.valid = {	"HugeExtinguisher",	"LargeExtinguisher",	"KitchenExtinguisher",	"BucketWaterFull",	"WaterPot",	"Sheet",	"Towel",	"Shirt",	"Blouse",	"Pants",	"Vest",}-- right-click priority when fighting fire, ascending ordergear.priority = {	"HugeExtinguisher",	"LargeExtinguisher",	"KitchenExtinguisher",	"BucketWaterFull",	"WaterPot",	"Sheet",	"Towel",	"Shirt",	"Blouse",	"Pants",	"Vest",}-- the chance that a single tile won't be put out by a peace of geargear.failrate = {	"Vest" = 0.90,	"Pants" = 0.80,	"Blouse" = 0.80,	"Shirt" = 0.80,	"Towel" = 0.70,	"Sheet" = 0.60,	"KitchenExtinguisher" = 0.33,	"LargeExtinguisher" = 0.25	"HugeExtinguisherr" = 0.10,	"BucketWaterFull" = 0.10,	"WaterPot" = 0.10,}-- The number of tiles a single piece of gear can put out; the item will be consumed when the charge is zero'd-- (with the exception of buckets and pots)gear.charge = {	"Pants" = 1,	"Vest" = 1,	"Blouse" = 1,	"Shirt" = 1,	"Towel" = 1,	"Sheet" = 1,	"WaterPot" = 2,	"BucketWaterFull" = 3	"KitchenExtinguisher" = 3,	"LargeExtinguisher" = 8,	"HugeExtinguisher" = 14,}-- tool-tip descriptiongear.descriptive_text = {	"KitchenExtinguisher" = "Tiny, single use white extinguisher. No good for a big fire, but it can prevent disaster. Hope it works.",	"LargeExtinguisher" = "Commonly found in schools, it has a larger charge than residential units. Should have been properly maintained",	"HugeExtinguisher" = "For when life gets out of hand. Bulky and heavy; no good if it's not present in a time of trouble.",}

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...