The Dawn Of A New Day: In West Point

Johnny

This is my first Fan Fiction. Please, feel free to comment on parts. As long as it is constructive criticism. And finally, beware of spelling errors like Theze! So, I hope you enjoy.

The Dawn Of A New Day: In West Point

I can hear the door of the bedroom slowly  shattering into splinters, as they moan their way in. Luckily I found this diary. It was pretty full, as well as a part that had scribbles of "Them". There must have been a dramatic scene in here. The windows were smashed and there was blood all over. It was a mess. But I'm not just here to discuss what happened about the people here, but how I survived the period of time I have.

Day 1

The first day was the hardest. My house must have been looted as I slept. All that was left in my fridge was a rotting pork chop. And I headed into my bedroom to see if I still had my golf club. But that was gone. I reached for the phone and dialed the police, but no signal! I was very confused. I was only about a block away from the police station so I thought " Why not just walk ". But that was the problem.

I got dressed and opened the door. Across the street I saw a group of 6 people. They had bite marks on them, and scratches... AND BLOOD! I was totally freak by the scene. They looked, well. They look as if they were mindless. One stared at me. And he started a long, and slow stumble towards me. And then I noticed. There were more. To many. All coated in thick blood. Their eyes, white. Completely white. I still have that haunting image in my head. But before I knew it I was sprinting down the street. I didn't even notice till I was half way to the station! I saw them, all over. And then...

Then I saw. Pete. My Best friend. Bleach white eyes. A bite on his neck. The emotions I felt then. I... I... I can't even describe them. But one thing was for sure, I smelt the putrid smell of vomit on me. I looked at my clothes and they were soaked in it. It wasn't at all nice. But, I needed to get to that station. I kept running, near exhausted. And then I arrived. They were all over. Not hoarding it, but there were several groups.

So I ran over to the door. And I tried to open it! But it was locked. I kept just, trying to pry it open. But I couldn't. They were moving in. And I didn't know what to do until they were only 10 feet away. I walked back a bit, then I sprinted right back at the door. All I knew was the my arm was aching really badly, and I had managed to get through the door.

I got up and slammed the door shut. I tried to lock it, but of course, I broke the lock! I heard thumping on the windows and doors. But one sound really appealed to me. I crepted behind the counter. And I found a radio. Right next to it was a body. He obviously was killed by his wounds, but I didn't know what was about to happen. I picked up the radio.

It blared"Hello? He***, Anyone o** there?".
I pressed the talk button, and said "Hello? Whats going on?".
I awaited a reply. But it soon replied to me.
"I'm... Well... I'm not sure".  I came back and say
"Well, atleast I have someone to talk to".
But right after I said that, he jumped.That lifeless sack of flesh... tried to get a Chunk out of me. But I had reacted soon enough to slam my foot in his face. He stumbled up and reached for my arm. But I kicked his legs and he fell on the floor. That moment, the windows smashed down. They all approached me. There was a door right behind me. So you know, I would have tried to escape back there. And I did.

There was a locker room. So I opened the door. There was atleast a box of handgun ammo, but that was about it. Thoroughly looted out. But there it was. I saw a pitsol sitting there on the bottom of the locker. I grabbed it and loaded it up. I found the exit to the station and burst down the door. I saw the bank, windows broken. Well, money would be useless. But I was in the center of West Point. I guessed it would be packed.

My radio made a noise once again. But luckily they were focused on the Police Department. "Hello!" It went. "Sorry can't talk now. In a sticky situation" I replied.  I remember my friend, Joe lived down at the river. So that was my first priority. He had a shotgun and a baseball bat. So I was sure he would make it. I walked down to the river. The time was about midday. I walk by some corpses. They were completely devouered. I continued on my journey to my buds house. And I soon arrived at the river. 
I saw fish bouncing around in the middle of the river. It think they were trout. It was quite a sight. Then I saw Joes place...

I ran to the door. But I soon realised. It was completely empty. Looted out, nothing left but unuseful things. And I saw the photo of his family, where it use to be. Gone. He must have grabbed his family and fled. The car in his garage was gone.  Then I saw it in the distance. There was a massive group of them. Big enough to be a mob. Just stumbling towards my location. I went out the back. That was when I noticed, there was gunfire going off back in the town. They all looked backwards and headed back to town. I was in luck. Night started to close in. So I headed into Joe and his wifes bedroom. Cuddled up, and slept.

Day 2

In the middle of night I woke up due to nightmares. I wondered what happened to my parents. They couldn't have made it. Dad probably stood up to them and probably killed one, but I'm not sure they could have made it. I spent the rest of the night standing, thinking. What to do next.

When the morning broke I knew what I was going to do. Loot the neighborhood. I walked into the nearby neighborhood. First place I hit was a little empty. Some food, no weapons but was benificial. Next house was the problem. I had to stomp in two heads to get in and another to empty a room. Then there was the bedroom... I had looted the kitchen, 2 bathrooms and a bedroom. But there was one last bedroom.

I opened the door and there stood, two. Both a man and a woman. Groaning. One looked back at me and jogged at me. The next one came at me. I left a window open downstairs so I hoped that something would sneak in and rip a piece of my shoulder out. I pushed one back causing the other to fall back. I stomped their heads before they could get back up. I shut the door and look through the wardrobe. I couldn't find anything. But that was when I noticed. I had been scratched on my arm. Bleeding out.

I ripped off the curtain and shredded it into bandages. I picked up the radio and hoped my distant buddy would pick up. " Hey, this thing just scratched me. It hurts like hell. Is there anything I can use to stop the pain?" I asked. It took about half a minute till he replied. "Dude, watch that wound. Those people with the scratches and all. Thats how they became, THEM! But, its not as bad as a bite. You shouldn't be infected unless it was deep."
I was horrified. I looked at my scratch. And... It was deep. Deep enough to bleed through the bandage. "Uh, is there... Is there..." I couldn't speak to him correctly. 
 "Tell me. Is it deep?" 
I was having a panic attack. "Y.. Ye... Yes.".
"F***. That. Thats terrible! You have about, 2 days.".
2 Days till. Till my life would end. I didn't want to become one of them.
"Ok, thanks.." I said in pain. Emotional pain. 

I saw a closet in the hall. So I opened it hoping to find something useful. And guess what sat there in front of my face. A bloody axe! I can go out in a blaze of glory. Pistol out, smashing skulls in! All that stuff! But I knew what wasn't going to work out. I exited the house, and looked down the street. Shadows of lifeless bodies. Standing. I headed down the road, axe in hand. The first dead guy I hit was large, buff guy. But my axe went straight through that skull. Then they all looked at me. Stumbled towards me. I let out all my anger and fustration. I was only going to live for a short time now. Then, I lashed out. All I knew then was that my bandage fell off, I was on the other end of the street, and there were corpses all over. But that wasn't all. There was the mob. Coming at me. I knew I can't take them on.

I retreated back into a house. Smashed windows and everything. I ran right past some in the house, ran into a bedroom and locked it. There was a bedroom toilet. So I chucked my backpack on the ground, grabbed some food and ran in there. I locked the door. And now, I am at this exact moment. Writing down my adventure. I still hear them breaking through. But I just picked up my radio and talked to that guy. He... He is sorry for me. He said he would try get to me in his car, but from Muldraugh, it would take about an hour. And with them smashing down the door. There isn't much hope. This is the end. I noticed that if their heads are damaged, well, brain... Then they die. So, what if I grab my pistol and... End this all. Yes, I'm going to do that...

I just got back from the bedroom. They are almost through. I saw hands trying to grab me, but I was a good distance away. So, I've got my pistol. I never even thought this would be the way I left this world. If you find this journal, please pass it on. But if not. Good luck! This is the end of me, Davis Jackson. Good luck out there survivor! 
________________________________________________________________________________

So, what did you think? Feel free to comment! Thanks for reading! I have also edited it to make it more "Readable" (Thanks SFY). And I have added the location of his adventure (It was an idea from another Fan Fic I read... This is the story ( http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/7125-the-first-few-days-no1/ ))
~ Johnny

Davis's house.

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.8002308464558066,0.14492682334936452,185.0412793906706

Joe's House

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.784869266535347,0.11093846507428419,163.1779739403904

House Of Davis's Passing

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.7891427484036307,0.12071355383564614,234.97628247416213

Archived